Thread: Second Life

Default Second Life

who here plays Second life? just wondering, cause the Seawolf people made an excellent dragon avatar.

Default Re: Second Life

I played it for about 2-3 years. The Seawolf dragons are very decent, honestly.

I heard recently from my friends that Second Life will be shut down? Or is that just another rumor?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Perhaps just optimism Tak?

To be honest I don't know anyone that plays, and the only press I hear on it is bad press i.e. seems to have a big sub-culture of S&M, Dom, etc. Great for some people I guess *shrugs*

I'm sure there are plenty of nice folk on there to.

My girlfriend plays it. I find it the most boring game in existence so I quit before even finishing some tutorial whatever thingy.

Indeed it does appear to have many strange people...
    Vampire cults, sex parties on a mega super sized bed in the middle of nowere in the forests, people that walk around naked for as far as that is possible......
    It is almost like real life.

My opinion about the game is that it is nothing more than a chatprogram for people that like to meet people online or dont like other MMORPG's.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I "play" from time to time - if you can call it that. Its more of a sandbox game - where either you're into programming and graphic making, or you're into just socializing and collecting - but no its not really a "game" which I think puts off a lot of your typical "mmo" types..

Certainly gets boring for me after I get my fix once every 2-4 months - I don't graphic edit so the idea of world building doesn't appeal to me (though I've tried and generally suck at it lol). I'd love to enjoy it as then I could make real life money...but..alas..not to be.

There is a crowd of current/former Horizon players in game though - we even have our own group if you do a /search for it (Horizon/Istaria something in the title).

And yes, there are many nice dragon avatar makers. I make my "home" at the Dragon Isles (really I have no property that's just where I login and out at lol).

And no its not going to be shutdown - Second Life is a HUGE money maker for a crapton of people - but what you may have been heraing is the movement of all "adult" content to one, "protected" area (which probably won't leave all that much in the rest of the world rofl - the way I hear they are defining "adult"). So its a big upheavel over there..understandably...

I wouldn't nich it for the strange though - yea it has that crowd but honestly so does Horizons and any other MMO.

But because its NOT a game, its a free-sandbox-world - so EVERY type of thing can be found (good and bad ...lol).

But you have to be your own goal setter and have your own fun/drives/whatever or else yea you just wander and window shop...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

When I played SecondLife, I found myself in the sandbox mostly making models of tons of random objects. I found the model-making a bit restricting but still fun to make primitive things. It's a great place to create models and script.

I generally stayed with my own crew of people there to cause mischief. Mostly making weapons that threw people across the map at high speeds through scripting. :D

I made wolves.

__________________________________________________ __________

Quote Originally Posted by DazaBlackDragon View Post
    I played it for about 2-3 years. The Seawolf dragons are very decent, honestly.
    Aye... as Frith-Rae says it's a sandbox game and has some impressive stuff. If you have the know-how you can pretty much make anything. I just float around looking at stuff and I do have the seawolf avatar, among others I've found.

Here's a shot I took recently. I can't remember where this place was, but it was very far above the ground.

Just wish it performed better network wise. If you put the view distance too high, you kinda float off uncontrolled while it catches up, then snap back to where you were when it started drifting.

Rakku

Yeah, I love Seawolf's stuff. I have a dragon avatar but not sure who it's by. I think if I ever get back, I'll go hunt down his vendors. <3
    __________________________________________________ __________

Quote Originally Posted by Kodey View Post
    Yeah, I love Seawolf's stuff. I have a dragon avatar but not sure who it's by. I think if I ever get back, I'll go hunt down his vendors. <3
    Well if you do log in... look up Hawker Harris. That's me and I can show you the place where you can buy the avatar.

Rakku

I never really could get into the game myself. Tho I do have a funny story about the first time I (tried) to play it...

After learning the basics from my parents I went off to explore some on my own, eventualy I found a little playground and in it a box of freebies. So I click on it and get all the freebies, one of which is a hat. I try to equip siad hat only to find that it's not a hat, but a body part of an animal, and one that certainly does NOT go on one's head. This was no problem, save for the fact that I couldnt figure out how to unequip it, and the fact taht it sent me zooming across the map to the nearest person where I spun around his head like some warped fly. I think this went on for about 10 mins, where I chased this poor guy around, screaming in horror, before I finally logged off. I didnt attempt to play again for about 2 years >.>

Tcei, that story made me now laugh for more then 5 minutes, epic. xD

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

*rofl* yea that sounds about right..that's frickin hilarious!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I never really could get into the game myself. Tho I do have a funny story about the first time I (tried) to play it... ...
    I had a good laugh too...

dropped in and saw SeaWolf's designs - very nice - I mean a bit spot-on for Horizon dragons but if you like your Horizons dragon - good customization and control for a good price .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information