Thread: Installation of Horizons

Keisu

Default Installation of Horizons

Having trouble with the installation.

On my C: drive, I have 130-some megabytes free.
    On my D: drive, I have 3.2 megabytes free.

This game takes about 2.5 megabytes. Now, the problem I'm having is that when I change the location from the C: drive, to the D: drive (keeping the folder names), and click next, for it to continue the installation... It says that I do not have enough space on the drive for the installation.

My assumption is that it's reading the space free from the C: drive, and not the D: drive.

If there is anyway I can fix this problem, or if you can help me in whatever way, I'd appreciate it. It took me a long time to get this, because everytime I tried to download the thing, it'd only half-download, for some reason. And now I'm a bit upset at it since it's not letting me install the game itself.

Edit: Erf.. don't think this is supposed to be here. Heheh. Will move it. Delete it if you will, moderators =P

Default Re: Installation of Horizons

I assume you mean gigabytes? You need more free space in any case. Once when I was moving files around a lot, the partition my HZ install was located on got pretty full. When I decided to play HZ for a while, it announced the game needs at least half a gig of free space to run. Additionally, as it builds a world cache on your drive, it will eventually grow pretty large. With as little free space as you have, you will start lagging notably as files get fragmented and take a long time to load.

Oh, and HZ should not reside on the same partition, nor even the same physical drive, as your system virtual memory. It will slow things down a bit.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Keisu

Default Re: Installation of Horizons

Er.. yeah. Gigabytes.

But yeah. My D: drive has 3.4 gigabytes open on it.. why can't it install there? The game itself takes 2.5 to install, that'd allow me 900 megabytes free on the drive.

And if it requires 500 megabytes free to run, 400 megabytes would be free for anything it needs...

Thread Information