Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fps and lag

Default Re: Fps and lag

I started playing again recently and found that once I turn off my virus scan program while I am playing causes performance to increases quite a bit. Not sure if my FPS goes up as I don't really monitor that.

Lags get worse from day to day here. Got some dp today because of that.
    Same goes for porting.
    If nothing changes- I will not be able to play anymore
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Getting worse each day here too. Took me 50 minutes to go through one portal tonight...
    Oh and about the CPU-usage: that is 100% a large part of the time (and I've got a quite decent computer). Really getting unplayable now... (and virusprogram turned off from scanning Istaria of course; also no difference with any and all backgroundprograms turned off).
    FPS going as low as 2 to 4 now anywhere near buildings.
    Last edited by Galilee; September 21st, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

*drums on her disc*

" all I want to say is-that they don`t really care about us"

(M. Jackson)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

OK, these are the reasons that I eventually left the last time I came back. If this is still happening, I'm not sure that I want to give Istaria another try yet.

Which really sucks.
    ESAK: Explorer 93.33%, Socializer 53.33%, Achiever 40.00%, Killer 13.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Magnir View Post
    OK, these are the reasons that I eventually left the last time I came back. If this is still happening, I'm not sure that I want to give Istaria another try yet.

Which really sucks.
    Even on my laptop, and my mum's (nasty) pc ... I don't think I've ever had an fps lower than 10... ever.

What on Earth are you doing to this poor game to get 3-4 fps??

Give it a try Magnir... put in a ticket or something and they may give you a trial period. I've never had an unplayable framerate on my off-the-shelf pc. It has a quad-core processor, but Istaria only uses one so I see cpu usage as 25%.

Rakku

Grr not only lag and low fps .... the Dc's are starting to get to me ..
    not even in game more than 3 mins and i get booted .. not only do i get the boot .. if i am in ts . i all so get booted ... it Never done this b4

is the game now Munching down More band with than b4 or some thing..
    i know me roter is Ok . heh i can play CCS and L4d with out any probles and stay in ts but when i play istaria . i get booted and booted from ts ., its like it over load the rotter its never done that b4.
    i dont know what going on . the laf the low fps and the dc's .
    it is Good that they got the vista traped plays back indeed but . now XP users are now haveing truble : ( or any peep with a old pc ,

hell i'v staed in bris or nt or some other place for ummm when to eat and came back and i was stll in game not booted . on Rare days .
    but to log in only to get booted . is not Fun.
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Teleporting is pretty much all I have to do to get my framerate that low. Then there was the game pegging out my CPU usage after about half-an-hour of play. I could get rid of that with a re-log, but since THAT used to take anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes (for reasons unknown to me) it wasn't much of a solution.
    ESAK: Explorer 93.33%, Socializer 53.33%, Achiever 40.00%, Killer 13.33%

If you are having difficulty with lag, please see the following article:
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=31

When you are working with graphic prefs, make absolutely sure that you have the cloth sim turned OFF! The "Cloth Simulation Enabled" box should be unchecked, in other words. This is the single biggest killer for most people who are having difficulty with lag.

You had me hoping there for a minute Velea: my cloth-sim was on. Alas, no difference worth mentioning after putting it off.

Hi All, I come back to the forum to read and see how the game is working out. I got tired of the lag and quit, then after a couple yrs I joined again in hopes I would get my interest back. But after a few weeks I found the lag was still there big time. Many players quit back then because they pleaded with staff to fix it but never happened. If this game had 5% of WOW players it probably would just freeze up for everybody. I just don't understand why we would have to lower features in the game to be playable. I have a fairly fast computer and great graphics card that I would like to max out to see how great the game terrain and characters look while playing...

I am still thinking about returning if I see some improvements. I have the time now to play but I don't have the patience to wait for lag

cheers
    TheRock

Thread Information