Thread: Is there a way to allow or force Istaria to use more then 1 cpu core?

Default Is there a way to allow or force Istaria to use more then 1 cpu core?

Hiya guys. Very simple question. Is there a way to force or allow istaria to use 2 or more cores of a processor. I have noticed it only uses 1, and I have a quad core. I get a feeling if it were allowed to utilized another core, it would be a little better in the performance department.

Default Re: Is there a way to allow or force Istaria to use more then 1 cpu core?

Sorry Rustayne, the answer is no. Istaria is not designed to be multi-threaded unfortunately, so it does not know how to make use of additional CPUs.

Something that just came to mind however - is there any fancy software that makes multi-CPU machines look like one uber-CPU?
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Default Re: Is there a way to allow or force Istaria to use more then 1 cpu core?

I have a 3 core processor and istaria uses all 3 cores unless i set the CPU affinity. Now the total cpu consumed is ~1 cores worth (33% of total) even when spread across all the cores.

Have you checked if the CPU affinity has been set?
    Task Manager, processes tab, right click on istaria.exe

istaria.exe is single threaded. It will only use 1 core.

However, with a 64 bit os you can run multiple instances, each on thier own core, as long as you got lots of ram.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    However, with a 64 bit os you can run multiple instances, each on thier own core, as long as you got lots of ram.
    Ummmm, I'm using 32-bit XP Home and perfectly capable of multiple logins on my dual core, each on it's own CPU.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Same here - 32-bit Windows 7 3Gb RAM. I didn't think it used more than one CPU though...
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Thread Information