Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

Hey all, returning player here. I pretty much did crafting as a player back when this game was released. I decided I wanted to see more of the game and have been focusing on my adventure schools. I am playing a Ranger.

As a returning player I have a couple questions:

1. Does Adventure level affect whether or not a monster can hit you?

2. What is the difference between resistance and wards? I put the crush resistance tech on some armor, but I also noticed I had a tech called Crush ward.

3. Advice on heals. My Ranger is level 31 now, with 10 levels in Cleric, 15 levels in Druid and 20 levels in Scout. My biggest concern is my heal spells. My Nature is about 260, I need 330 Nature to cast Revatilize II. Is there a way to bump up Nature so I can get the newer heals with spending a ton of training points?

I think that is all the question for now.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: A few questions

Welcome back! *serves kraegan some delicious klava with a towel and a curtsy*

1. Only as much as your evasion goes up, you can wear better armor, get better buffs, and use higher tier techs.
    2. I think resistance requires a higher "to hit", wards reduce damage that you take. I might have it backwards.
    3. Bump up nature skill with nature techs on gear or by taking more druid levels. Techs only apply to current and you might need base skill to scribe the spell though.

Good luck, and good choice of class! ;-)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I really was looking to lower the damage I take rather then how often they hit me, but either way is good I guess

Is it a good idea to keep Ranger and Druid levels closer to each other? I was going to leave druid at 15 until my ranger is max level, but I would not be opposed to leveling up the druid at the same time.

Druid and ranger are kind of classes divergent from the norm.. normally you do not want to to get hit.. but druid and ranger have COT .. if you have good power you will actually do as much if not more damage thru your COT than your actual attacks.. hence you want to get hit. Bring your power up so you do as much COT damage as poss. Then spell them as much as you can.

Both are excellent classes and I spend more time as a ranger than any other class (on a toon that has 176 rating and multiple 100s).

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

cloak of thorns......gawd i love it.....wish it was masterable......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Just to clarify...
    Wards are for evasion (don't even bother IMHO)
    and Resistance lowers damage, it's *about* 20 resistance drops the damage by 1 point.

As for your heals... I don't think Ranger can cast the other heals (ie Major Health, Health, Minor Health or Group Heal)

So all you really need is to boost your nature to use the Revits. You could continue taking druid, OR for some debuffs and DoT's, shaman. They both get 10 nature per lvl.

Welcome back! Hope to see you in Istaria.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Just to clarify...
    Wards are for evasion (don't even bother IMHO)
    and Resistance lowers damage, it's *about* 20 resistance drops the damage by 1 point.

As for your heals... I don't think Ranger can cast the other heals (ie Major Health, Health, Minor Health or Group Heal)

So all you really need is to boost your nature to use the Revits. You could continue taking druid, OR for some debuffs and DoT's, shaman. They both get 10 nature per lvl.

Welcome back! Hope to see you in Istaria.
    Thanks all for the advice, some excellent tips here. So I assume that if I go back to druid for awhile that the Nature per lvl will replace what I currently get as Ranger as long as it is higher?

Regarding COT, yes I use that all the time, it is awesome. So I do want to get hit, I just want to soften the blow, sounds like resistance is what I need.

Sounds like your on the right path... but to help with an example (I hope):
    Druid gets 10 nature per lvl
    Ranger gets 7 (not sure?)

So at lvl 20 you'll have 200 nature from druid.
    when ranger gets to lvl 30 you'll have an extra (30-20)*7 = 70 nautre, total of 270.
    But if you take druid once you hit lvl 28, you'll notice your nature going up again, and it'll jump to 280 (28*10), so with druid at lvl 30 you'll have 300 nature. If you switch back to Ranger, your nature won't increase again until Ranger is lvl 35, at which time it'll increas to 305; (35-20)*7 = 105 + 200 = 305

Hope that makes sense :S

I think being ranger you can wear some metal armor (chainmail and ringmail), so thats better than druid with only leather. And if you were to take shaman you can wear the same suits just a little tid bit
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information