Thread: Calimir's hide grip.

Default Calimir's hide grip.

Will it give me a +25 bonus in 2 hand slash if I put it on my axe? Or is it only for bows? Can someone link a pic of what it looks like on a none bow plz. Thanks

Default Re: Calimir's hide grip.

If you do the quest as a ranger, the tech will only go on a bow.

If you do the quest in a different class, the tech will NOT go on a bow, but it adds bow skill.

Unless this has been fixed already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Yeah I was told that the reward was the same no matter what class you did it in. Only thing that was different was the quest itself when done as a ranger vs another school.

I went and did it when I was in ELAR school (I think), then couldn't place it on my bow. Haven't tried placing it on anything else, but what I really wanted was the tech for a bow. The npc didn't say that the reward was different, depending on the school you do the quest in. Wouldn't it make sense for Scout and Elemental Archer to get the bow version of the tech? Also, the NPC should fully explain that the tech is different depending on the school you do the quest in, offering you to come back later in another school before proceeding. OR, just allow the choice of techs upon completion of the quest possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Yeah I was told that the reward was the same no matter what class you did it in. Only thing that was different was the quest itself when done as a ranger vs another school.

I went and did it when I was in ELAR school (I think), then couldn't place it on my bow. Haven't tried placing it on anything else, but what I really wanted was the tech for a bow. The npc didn't say that the reward was different, depending on the school you do the quest in. Wouldn't it make sense for Scout and Elemental Archer to get the bow version of the tech? Also, the NPC should fully explain that the tech is different depending on the school you do the quest in, offering you to come back later in another school before proceeding. OR, just allow the choice of techs upon completion of the quest possibly.
    I might be remembering wrong, but I did think the quest dialogue was a bit different if you're ranger or not. I checked the quest dialogue both ways and I am pretty sure they were different.

I didn't have an issue with being ranger to get the bow specific tech, but I did think that the other tech kit should be allowed to also go on a bow, for elars/scouts/xbowmen.

I was under impression that the hide gave +25 bow plus the 20% extra hit. So when I put the calimir tech on my axe it gave me a +10 stre bonus. I was happy for 20 seconds but the description says ranged only attacks only.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I might be remembering wrong, but I did think the quest dialogue was a bit different if you're ranger or not. I checked the quest dialogue both ways and I am pretty sure they were different.

I didn't have an issue with being ranger to get the bow specific tech, but I did think that the other tech kit should be allowed to also go on a bow, for elars/scouts/xbowmen.
    This may be true, but how would someone know that the npc chat is different unless they themselves go greet him in various schools?

I don't recall anything in the npc text which mentioned anything at all about the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    Will it give me a +25 bonus in 2 hand slash if I put it on my axe? Or is it only for bows? Can someone link a pic of what it looks like on a none bow plz. Thanks
    There are two techs, one that you get as a Ranger and one you get if you aren't a ranger. The Ranger tech gives you a bonus to your bow skill. The non-Ranger tech gives you a bonus to your strength.

Currently on live the non-ranger tech is bugged and can only be used for ranged attacks. With the next patch this will be fixed so it applies to melee attacks as well.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    This may be true, but how would someone know that the npc chat is different unless they themselves go greet him in various schools?
    I checked the quest in 2 schools based on the patch notes, which clearly said that there were 2 quests, one for ranger and one for non rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I checked the quest in 2 schools based on the patch notes, which clearly said that there were 2 quests, one for ranger and one for non rangers.
    Right. but not everyone is going to read patch notes. And when the next patch comes out the old notes are gone. It would make sense if the npc actually told the player these things, that way 2 years from now someone who comes along who has played for 6 months doesn't learn this the hard way.

amon can I get my tech exchanged for the bow one? or just redo the quest maybe

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There are two techs, one that you get as a Ranger and one you get if you aren't a ranger. The Ranger tech gives you a bonus to your bow skill. The non-Ranger tech gives you a bonus to your strength.

Currently on live the non-ranger tech is bugged and can only be used for ranged attacks. With the next patch this will be fixed so it applies to melee attacks as well.
    Just finished this quest this morning on Elek in healer class and the tech he got was for Bow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Shouldn't ELAR also get the Ranger version too?

Seems kinda dumb that ELAR would get the melee version...

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    Just finished this quest this morning on Elek in healer class and the tech he got was for Bow.
    Actually, you got the right technique and it does not actually boost the Bow skill. The non-ranger version boosts strength, but the description was bugged. The fix is in the 191 update that hasn't yet been applied to blight (hopefully today).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank You Amon , although I noticed the date on this is from 2009 , sorry took a year to notice this but doing conf quest and happened upon this quest.
    Andy.

Thread Information