Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon games

Default Re: Dragon games

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I don't care what the game is, this right here is my deciding factor. Good to know to gamefly this one first.
    Aye... thankfully, with the banshee anyway, you don't have to fight anything. All the ground-based mounts are fine. Later in the game I expect you ride that big yellow/red thing, and presumably have to kill stuff. Could prove annoying.

I used to play flight simulators on keyboard, but used one hand for right/left and the other for up/down/fire. The fact that the mouse hand switches from controlling your characters direction to just moving the camera when mounted is what is messing with my head. Perhaps it's just me.

At least, rather than Divinity II, the enemies don't disappear when airborne!!

Rakku

Surprised no one has named this yet. Just picked up Dragon Battles for the DS.

It's a bit pokemon-ish with the battle system, but uses the stylus so feels more interactive. It's got Istaria's level of customization on your dragon, but you need to win more battles to unlock more colors and head types. Cute!

I got given that Combat of Giants: Dragons game for Christmas. It's kinda fun in that you can customize your dragon a bit and for a while it's amusing to smack around other dragons in a sort of turn-based DBZ style, but it gets old pretty fast. The difficulty goes way up without there being any real gameplay to speak of as well, which kinda turned me off of it pretty fast.

Personally, I'd rate it only like 4/10, but that's just me :P

There's spots in in where I'm stuck at. The stupid spots where is says "burn this crystal" but doesn't give you anywhere to land Is there some sort of trick to it? They're really pissing me off...

Shian.... you can use fire breath from the sky XD

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I recently picked up Battle of Giants: Dragons too. It really is quite repetitive, but not too bad in short bursts. One thing I do find greatly amusing is the totally and completely random stuff you fight in those secret caves. Really, I fought a DRUM SET! My friend also got me the Dragonology DS game for Christmas. I haven't really delved into yet though.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    I recently picked up Battle of Giants: Dragons too. It really is quite repetitive, but not too bad in short bursts. One thing I do find greatly amusing is the totally and completely random stuff you fight in those secret caves. Really, I fought a DRUM SET! My friend also got me the Dragonology DS game for Christmas. I haven't really delved into yet though.
    Yeah, at first when I heard it I thought it was some weird dragon name, but then out came a drumset. After that I fought police cars, school buses, a toy t-rex and even a ufo...

But anyway, the game got really repetitive for me after I finished it and then was told I had to play through 3 more times with the difficulty being the only thing added to the game in order to complete it. No thanks XD

I accidentally found that there was a Battle of Giants: Dragons - Bronze Edition (you play a bronze Dragon) released on the DSiWare for 800 Nintendo Points. I have absolutely no idea what are the difference with the cartridge game, but it may interest some people here.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Hold the press! Check this out.......

http://www.divinity2.com/index_eng.html

This looks really good. Will be giving this game a go when it's released.

I have it already, it is already a while out in the EU It is a bit difficult in the start, but Rakku posted a few pages back a video of the flying with the dragon

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Is it any good? Should I get it?
    Was thinking of getting the x-box version when it comes out....

It is difficult, and can be frustating sometimes, but when you like a challenging game, go for it. (I got several times now stuck in trees or furniture, wtf :|)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Can you change to a dragon and burn them? That would probably be too easy for the game to allow I guess.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrethorne View Post
    Can you change to a dragon and burn them? That would probably be too easy for the game to allow I guess.....
    In Drakan you could do that with Arokh, but in Divinity 2 it seems unfinished in this area. For instance enemies dissappear when you switch to dragon as said before. Incidentally I found out about the game with Vahrokh's original post.

I haven't played it for a while now (distracted by Avatar )... but I'll get back to it.

Rakku

Not a specifically dragon game but in "League of Legends", among other characters, thre is one who can turn with an ability, temporarily into a dragon. This one looked rather good to me, so I though I'd put something here

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1406694

Some in-game looks of the dragon form:

This is a game inspired from Warcraft III's DOTA, with fighters having to destroy a sort of command center, through opponent's team's towers, regular group of soldiers and fighters. Though, to get access to one specific fighter, points are required by payment or experience points from matches. This last option requires no payment but takes time.

Another game, rather old, a spaceship game with view from above, called Tyrian, and in which typing 'lizard' on main menu allows the player to get the 'red ship' at the bottom:

(the white part around the screenshot isn't part of the game)
    Last edited by LungTien Temeraire; November 18th, 2011 at 12:35 PM.

Does some know one of these two games?

i do i play lol a lot ^^ its a fun game
    the game its self it allsome and a hand full of the players are as well but the other half of the players ... arnt sooo good :P
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Noone else playing to League of Legends? are Figes and I the only ones?

I used to play LoL, but I fall in to that category of the folks that truly suck at it. I can whip the crap outta the AI sessions, but the PvP version, I'm quite worthless, and when you get roflstomped 50+ times in 1 match, you tend to not want to play any more.

So, I ragequit and uninstalled. Not planning to head back, cuz theres other things I'd rather play then something that Ill keep gettin smashed all the time playing. I think the biggest problem with me and that game, I like playing classes that are totally useless in PvP.. like.. Heimerdinger... quite useless till you get decent gear, and cant get there if your dead more then alive in the match.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Sad to hear your play style doesn't fit... I'm not that skilled that much in this sort of game, still being new on it - I played a match in which I defeated nobody but died 30 times : p -, but I wanted to test the half-dragon. I admit, this sort of game requires training and training to be able to face other players, and teamwork is essential.

Thread Information