Thread: Make Blighted Items Into Crystals

Default Make Blighted Items Into Crystals

Crystals that can be socketed into crafted gear, in respective to types: Armor, Weapons, and Jewelry.

Now we got random.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Make Blighted Items Into Crystals

can you clarify this, phil? cause if i am thinking what you are thinking, i am liking the direction of this idea........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

The drops from the undead, say a Blighted Chest Scale, instead of a scale, it's an armor crystal, socketable to a crafter made chest scale. The stats apply respectively.

Crystals can't be teched unfortunately. So you can't get the randomness that blighted items have.

i.e. a Crystal that modified Strength would always be a Crystal that modified Strength no matter how many times you got it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok, make them into stones

Basically, the idea is turning Blighted gear into something (stone/emblem/rune/etc) that fit into a socket. Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Ok, make them into stones

Basically, the idea is turning Blighted gear into something (stone/emblem/rune/etc) that fit into a socket. Possible?
    Pondering it... Unsure. Since blighted items gain their benefits through the use of techniques that are assigned at random... Crystals can't be teched (if they could be teched then they couldn't be socketed).

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok, what about appliques? I know it's possible since one of the new quests we got an applique, use it on a shield and the bonus applied.

Now, I really like that but I think it's better on world drops instead of a one-off quest. It can be varied to all types of gear including crafting: tools, containers and cargo wear - if random is possible (ie Blighted items), then stats in respect to drops common to ultra-rare, as well as tier and mob type, applicable to items above mentioned.

This will boost adventuring mostly, second create a great movement in the marketplace, third add more to craft customization. Now folks will need more gear (shields for example - I currently only use one), the need for resources/comps to make things, and these new appliques to be bought sold and traded.

Forgot the name of the quest...but it sparked my thinking on stuff to boost noob aventuring. I'll make a separate post for that.

What is an applique? A Tech kit? Thats nothing more than a technique.

This thing:

Instead of a one-off quest... It varied to all types of gear including crafting: tools, containers and cargo wear - if random is possible (ie Blighted items), then stats in respect to drops common to ultra-rare, as well as tier and mob type. So is it possible to do?
    Last edited by Phillip; October 30th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.

Ah... A Tech kit. That is a technique, same as one you apply to an item during creation only with a different method for application.

Ok so I'm guessing we can't do random with this?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sorry to derail, phill, but what quest is that? vel would like that tech kit for her shield.....

pardon the intrusion!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Blackhammer farm quests, it's southwest from Delgarath along the dirt road.

The drops from the undead, say a Blighted Chest Scale, instead of a scale, it's an armor crystal, socketable to a crafter made chest scale. The stats apply respectively.
    So you mean a tech kit drops with random stats like a blighted weapon has. This could be interesting. But it could make blighted equipment drops obsolete...

It could be done without making the blighted gear obsolete by doing 2 things. First make the tech kit drops as an additional possible item to drop, with random stats/skills, etc. that drag on and take a single tech slot. Each would only have a single stat or skill. Second, make the stats/etc that can land on blighted equipment have a higher value. Say +200 Strength, +150 2 hand slash, stuff like that, and keep it basically random like it is (get rid of the -stat junk).

If the blighted gear that dropped was better, then the blighted gear drops wouldn't be completly obsoleted by this.

Or, the random stats on these tech kit drops could be interesting or unusual in some way, so that they fill a different use than blighted gear does. Perhaps they could be very rare drops, but have say 2 entries like + 2hs, + str, yet only take a single tech slot on the crafted weapon. This could be interesting, but it sorta feels too similiar to crystals... but I suppose it could attune the item to the player. Then it would be different than both crystals and blighted gear.

Not that I am a huge fan of blighted gear, but it seems a waste to make obsolete all the work that went into creating it. And I do have some pieces I use all the time. -10% spell recycle hammer I use all the time when playing healer for example. A drag-on tech kit with -10% spell recycle would be pretty kickass
    Last edited by Guaran; October 31st, 2009 at 12:38 AM.

I had sent a suggestion to Amon a few weeks back about the possiblilty of creating random Blight technique kits instead of the actual items. You would collect the blighted loot, pull the cores and then use those cores + whatever else to craft a random kit.

The idea would be to still have to grind through cores and the hundreds of possible techniques, but have tech kits that you can mix and match and customize items with rather than a pile of items that would be "awesome if not for X technique".

The technical issue to overcome would be modding the crafting system to be able to create random items, similar to the loot drop tables. It can currently create a base item (the item the formula is for) and then apply techs, but not randomly pick the actual base item from a list of items.

Whatever the case, I don't think it addresses the thought behind Phillip's suggestions, which is an enhancement of loot drops for adventurers.

Maybe once the T2 revamp is done we can start to get more info on the long awaited Loot revamp (or maybe not )

Drev

To be honest, I never cared for Blighted items, and I know for a fact that the introduction of Blighted items, was the last straw for a whole lot of people who felt adv was never gonna be done right. Most of my guild quit after the release of blight items. To do away with them as a whole is fine by me, or however it's done.

The notion here is to get the same concept of blighted items to work to enhance player crafted gear, through the loot system for the sake of adventure growth.

Most of my guild quit after the release of blight items. To do away with them as a whole is fine by me, or however it's done.
    Why would people quit over optional items that they don't even have to use?

I'm sorry, I... don't understand this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Why would people quit over optional items that they don't even have to use?

I'm sorry, I... don't understand this one.
    That's the point right there: nothing essential.

The adventuring type folks basically wanted a bone in the loot sytem - they didn't get, so time to move on.

I think to right it - is along the line of that great idea: making Blighted Items into tech kits. Is this possible? This won't hurt crafting any, so no need to quack.

Thread Information