Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New MMORPG.com News Story for Istaria

Default Istaria on MMORPG

I just went over to MMORPG and I found an article and news about Istaria
    Check it out here

Default Re: New MMORPG.com News Story for Istaria

While this isn't about a news story, it is about MMORPG.com. So rather than making a new thread, I wanted to post a link to a player review I read in the forum there today:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-at-30ish.html

I also wanted to note that he had nice things to say about Istarians: The veterans are extremely friendly and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask for help, they are more than accomodating.

If folks have an account there, dropping a kind reply might encourage more people visiting those forums to speak up about their experiences. The more chatter, the better!

Agreed.

And sorry for not being online much. Just busy time with work and holidays. I should be back online in a couple of weeks with a brand new comp

It's taken a while to get a new article up because there were some internal changes in the MMORPG.com submission infrastructure over the winter months. I was happy to see the newest submission (meaning I sent it weeks ago, heh) finally make the features section. I was trying to get the word out about the free to play option and what sort of subscription options Istaria offers... because there seems to be still quite a few folks who have no idea there is a free account!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/16189

Thy so much Aywren,
    your work for our community is outstanding
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Good write-up Aywren.

FYI, the word "consigner" is misspelled as "cosigner" several times.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Good write-up Aywren.

FYI, the word "consigner" is misspelled as "cosigner" several times.
    Whoops! Sorry -- I swore I pulled that info off the site because I tend to have trouble spelling that word for some reason. Ah well, forgive me?!

Great, yet another reason to contemplate coming back.... *ducks*

Seriously though, very nicely done! A wonderful read and a damned nice pleasure to see the name Istaria still spoken on the airwaves!

I do miss the magic that Istaria has that just doesnt seem to exist in any other MMORPG ..or any other game period! Perhaps thats something to consider for a future article, just what is that magic that makes Istaria so different from all the rest. How can you quantify it?

Quote Originally Posted by Malendryn View Post
    Great, yet another reason to contemplate coming back.... *ducks*

Seriously though, very nicely done! A wonderful read and a damned nice pleasure to see the name Istaria still spoken on the airwaves!

I do miss the magic that Istaria has that just doesnt seem to exist in any other MMORPG ..or any other game period! Perhaps thats something to consider for a future article, just what is that magic that makes Istaria so different from all the rest. How can you quantify it?
    Thank you very much! You really can't go wrong with a free account if you just want to poke your head back in and get a feel for Istaria's changes. *friendly nudge* ^_~

My first article was about the community in Istaria, which may not be the full source of that one-of-a-kind feeling and magic you're talking about, but is a BIG part of it. I couldn't quite capture it with words, however, even though I tried. And I didn't want to sound too mushy in my first submission to the site! *laugh*

I plan to keep writing as long as MMORPG.com pays attention to my submissions! So if you have topics to suggest, please feel free!

It's not my article this time... but it's another new feature article at MMORPG.com! Woot!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ain-Meet-.html

should someone answer to post No 22- and explain why we did the name change?
    Not sure if it makes sense to answer to such a post- my English would be insuficient anyway.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information