Thread: What happened to the wholesome cartoons of the past ?

Default What happened to the wholesome cartoons of the past ?

Seriously, I had to baby sit resently and I got stuck watching the current crap on tv that is
    A.Plot less

B.Looks like someone on some illegal drug drew up on paper and made funny voices to them

C.Has a tone of senseless violence

Why do tv networks air such garbage what happened to some of the

good click on link

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...6664714YrBM3QF

Cartoons like Naruto and the cartoons with a moral message like the one hyper linked heck back in the day bout some 10 years ago I admit I was a kid and found from 1999-2002 the kid shows meant something had moral fiber to it

now what do we got ?

post your fave old cartoon link if you got any on this thread
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: What happened to the wholesome cartoons of the past ?

anything with bugs bunny in it will do the trick for me, but this one never fails to kill me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrupqdGvsoc

this one is to die for too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKKGBezDq7I - penguins is pract'ly chickens!!!

really its the classics for me - chilly willy, daffy duck (duck dodgers RULEZ!!!), popeye, chuck jones/tex avery.......you know, the good stuff!!!
    Last edited by velveeta; November 10th, 2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: i don't need youtube, i got all the looney tunes box sets......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

The roadrunner and coyote is all about violence. Don't pretend that there were "good ol' days."
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I agree with you, Lighting Claw, many of today's cartoons are pretty bad. But one that I have found to be very entertaining and quite wholesome is the Penguins of Madagascar. Its a lot of the old-style slapstick and humor but still has a story.

As far as old cartoons and shows for kids, Animaniacs and the Muppet Show are two of my favorites.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The original TMNT Animated Series rocked (the one that was played in the 1990s, not the present one).

The new one... meh. Not anywhere near as good.

The original TMNT 'cartoon' tried to insert some sort of moral/family value somewhere in the episode, somewhere a lesson to be learned. There was little, if no blood. There was some minor violence, but it was always good guys vs bad guys, etc.

I grew up on TMNT as a kid, and I've been trying to track down all of the DVDs... dunno if they re-released them all yet, I have like 5-6 of them lol.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I have way too many favorite cartoon to name. If it came on in the 90s chances are I've seen it and/or watched it religiously. It makes me sad to see what they're feeding kids nowadays. *shakes head* Terrible. I remember when I used to get up at like 7am almost every Saturday to watch Kids WB or Fox Kids or Disney's Sat morning block on ABC. Good times, good times. I watched all the weekday blocks too. *nods*
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

i was a Nickelodeon kid when i grew up, i watched them in their golden age, from about 1991 to 1999. (i was too young to remember the 80's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjhX0nXGJ9k

and:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO5agWqCvs8

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Old days and cartoons. Hmmmmm.

G.I. Joe, Mask, and Transformers all one right after the other on weekdays.

Tom and Jerry, all the Hanna-Barbara lineup, speed Buggy, Sooby Doo (before Scrappy, when they were all riding around in the Mystery Machine), things like that made you at least THINK.

I couldn't list all the different cartoons I watched on Saturdays. They constantly changed. More often than not, though, I was tuned in to ABC until such time as they got done with the Weekend Special story, then switched over to watch Dungeons & Dragons on CBS.

The good old days of Saturday morning = 1 quart of ice cream and a spoon for breakfast.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information