Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Test animation

Default Re: Test animation

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I need to keep the wing hovering a little bit. Otherwise the dorsal spines will poke up through it. I have a lot more flexibility in the wings than any other part of the body other than the forepaws. Each wing finger has 3 joints plus I can control how the membranes move and stretch. But because the bones are so long for all parts of the wings, they don't interact with other parts of the body very well. I had an idea for a "shame" animation that would have the dragon hiding it's head under a wing. But the head and wings do not interact with each other well at all. To get the head just partially under a wing results in a very unnatural looking twist where the neck attaches to the body and there is no way to hide it. Even getting the head around to lay on the forepaw like in that pose is pushing the model to it's limits. It works, but just barely.
    We are all greatful for all the hard work you have been doing. I have been enjoying all the new emotes on live and is a big fan of the canine sit .

if you manage to pull off the sleeping pose your giving my dragon plenty of reasons to be lazy (more then he already is)

All i can say is keep up the good work. I know many will understand what limitation you have when you do work on new animations. But who are we to complain, were finally getting somthing and many of the animations you have given us do enchance the rp experience.

Thanks for making the dragons more alive than they already are

Solitaire, I adore the work you've done so far and look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

I had an idea about the looping animations, such as sit and the various lying down positions. I know you mentioned that it was being looked in to, but it can't hurt to offer it out anyway, right? :P There was another game out there that had different positions in which your four-legged character could rest and all the was required to use them was a single button.

For instance; when you pressed 'Z', the character would sit on its huanches. If you pressed 'Z' again, it would lie on its belly with its head up. A third 'Z' would put the character in something similar to the one you made where the back portion of the body twisted on its side. One more time had the character in a sleeping pose. Push it again or simply move and your character was standing again.

I don't know if that could work in HZ, but I liked that particular mechanic where the character gradually got more lazy the more you pushed the proper key. x3

Anyway, thanks again for all the hard work! New, interesting emotes are <3

Hraefn, that was the idea that we were working with. Was just a lot of stuff going on with T2 that it was pushed to the back burner for a while. But not forgotten. I'm still not done with T2 related stuff, but getting there.

If anything, I think that sleep pose should atleast be implemented for "The Sleeper"........ you know, just so he actually looks like he is sleeping and not just plain dead. :P

Also, wonderful job Sol.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Awesome Sol'. I figured you guys were busy what with all the stuff going on. I didn't mean to rush, but I figured I'd mention it. Looks like I'm behind on that train of thought. Ah well~.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    If anything, I think that sleep pose should atleast be implemented for "The Sleeper"........ you know, just so he actually looks like he is sleeping and not just plain dead. :P

Also, wonderful job Sol.
    show your respect to the sleeper, the sleeper is a she not a he, show your female pride ( hides)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanukk Sytheclaw View Post
    show your respect to the sleeper, the sleeper is a she not a he, show your female pride ( hides)
    And what piece of lore did you pull that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I recall the same thing and believe it was in the dialog in the ancient rites.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    The sleepers Gender is mention mostly when you do the quest for the wrath spell.

Blog Entries

These look really nice from the screenshots I can see of the animations.

I have to say, I love to see a 'sit' where your resting on your hunches instead of an automatic belly flop.
    Works great with hatchlings, not so great as an Adult, and I imagine for an Ancient they be going, "Gawh! My Back!"

It will be nice if dragons could get and age specific animation.

hachlings get lets say a pounce animation or ready to pounce.

adults could fet some sort of pose animation showing off!!

and ancients can get the best of em all!!. The Lazy animation where the ancient rolls on his back and dozes off in the sun.

of course im just kidding.

I'd still like to pounce a hapless victim someone as an ancient.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    I'd still like to pounce a hapless victim someone as an ancient.
    Actually, that is on my list of potentials. It has been a while since I thought about it though. I'd want to have a playful version for hatchlings but one a little more serious (but not threatening) for adults and ancients.

Actually, that is on my list of potentials. It has been a while since I thought about it though. I'd want to have a playful version for hatchlings but one a little more serious (but not threatening) for adults and ancients.
    make hatchlings wag their tail a bit would be funny to see a hatchling about to pounce with a tail wagging in the air XD

You might call the ancient version 'last shadow'.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Heh. Well, we don't have any Turok in Istaria so it'll have to be a step below that in intensity. (Though you don't know how tempted I am to directly rip off the patterns from the Turok and Ikran...)

mm - rip off wing patterns!!!! - hehehe

Heh. Well, we don't have any Turok in Istaria so it'll have to be a step below that in intensity. (Though you don't know how tempted I am to directly rip off the patterns from the Turok and Ikran...)
    We can do some cool wing patterns that are new and don't step on any toes....

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

That would be beyond awesome Turok especially had some delicious markings, major eye-candy. We do need more decals for dragons~

By the way Sol, I'm probably asking too much but, instead of a pounce animation, I recently wondered if it would be possible to update the hatchling's jump animation so that they actually sort of pounce forward rather than fly into the air as if hovering.

In extent, it'd be nice if adults and ancients could actually have a button for jump, too... Its really frustrating when I want to climb a shallow edge and have to get up and FLY over it and land again, while hatchies just bounce right up and keep going :/

Possible? Yes? No? I'm crazy?

You're crazy, but that's not the point.

Even instead of new wing patterns, simply releasing what tints are already there but unavailable to players would be increcible beyond awesome. I can't tell you who many people would drop dead and then self-rez for the brown base-tints, white tinted markings and etc that only NPCs may sport at current.

Thread Information