Thread: Vault, Silos, etc taking forever to open on Chaos

Default Vault, Silos, etc taking forever to open on Chaos

PLease help!! Game basically unplayable for crafters.....

Default Re: Vault, Silos, etc taking forever to open on Chaos

Not sure if you are referring to the time before or after the scheduled maintenance.
    If before then I started noticing it mostly after the Vista patch (while running XP myself).
    If after then all I can say… See the server like a steam engine, it needs to run longer to run better.

And despite of many annoyances I have with the lag while trying to open vault, silo’s… It is just that annoyances and not really unplayable, but I must agree that it does try our patience.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I spoke to the server guru a while ago and at the time that Duergos made his post the gerbils were still shaking off a bout of heavy drinking and partying and were not fully up to speed yet. It should be normal or even a bit better now with some new hardware for them to play with.

Another hint for anyone experiencing this problem...

DO NOT try to open more than one silo at a time. You'll more than double the load time every single time you open yet another vault that isn't loaded.

I've seen players with 50+ silos on their plots who try to go in immediately after maintenance and open every single one of them at once. This essentially halts the server, not just for them but for others too, while the server figures out what the heck is going on.

If you don't need a silo, house, or other storage structure, don't open it! Especially not on maintenance day.

Thread Information