Thread: Blight Update 176

Default Blight Update 176

Blight Update 176 was applied to the Blight Testing Shard and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Known Issues

• The entire southern side of the Dalimond Peninsula is barren and contains terrain issues as well as missing spawns.
    • Tremendous Ruxus are currently not spawning.
    • Helian's Tomb destination pad cannot be attuned yet (it requires the quest series that is not yet complete).
    • Forest Skulk Hunters have bows, but no bow animation. This is in progress.
    • Some of the items (tech-kits, crystals, quest items) are missing icons. This is a known issue and is in progress.

Tier 2 Revamp

The Revamp of the Dalimond Peninsula continues with this patch, but it is by no means complete. Areas still incomplete include the Shadowed Coast, The Warrens, the Dark Forest, as well as both mini-dungeons (Helian's Tomb and Ashlander's Tomb).

• The eastern part of the Dark Forest is now populated
    • Chiconis Battlefield has been repopulated and both Iron and Silver Quarries have been touched up
    • Gnomish Observatory has been spruced up
    • Elm and Iron can be found north of Bristugo
    • The Cleric's Tower is now populated
    • The top of the Dalimond Ridge has had a major change from grass to snow and ice (along with a requisite change in monster types)
    • Slate Crest has acquired spawns of wolves as well as various resources
    • Spirit Corruption storyline is now in and available in Chiconis (for Dragons) and Cleric's Tower (for bipeds)
    • Both Spire's Gate and Spire's Trail attunements are now available.
    • Additional quests in the Withered Aegis storyline are available in Heart
    • Sand Beetles on the beaches north of Dalimond and east of Chiconis are now known as Tremendous Sand Beetles
    • Shrines for binding are available at the Observatory Outpost and Central Valley
    • Onye Kutima is now in the Temple of Istara in Dalimond
    • The Observatory Peninsula has been invaded by ogres and pygmies. The stench of these foul creatures has also drawn flies to the area. Overall Observatory Peninsula, and inside the blighted area called The Observatory itself is now a much more dangerous place to be.
    • Source of Power storline is now available from Dreveon.

Additions

• Conjurers now get Multicast IV at level 95.
    • Quest "Naithis' Lost Knowledge" to Naithis the Watcher
    • Quest "Gerix's Quest: Visit the Cities of Dragonkind" to Gerix in Kion

Changes

• Lowered the evasion of Sand Crabs on the Island of Talinis
    • Updated Kazrok the Guardian's dialog to be more Sslik-ified and modified it so that OOC data about level and skill requirements for the Guardian school are displayed in a blue tutorial box.
    • Updated Revanus the Batltemage's dialog and modified it so that OOC data about level and skill requirements for the Battlemage school are displayed in a blue tutorial box.
    • Updated Rea Telsun the Berserker's dialog and modified it so that OOC data about level and skill requirements for the Berserker school are displayed in a blue tutorial box.
    • Updated Kaliphar's dialog to be more Helian
    • Squirrel Stew is now stackable
    • Cerulean Azulyte can no longer be found on the Chiconis Battlefield
    • Silver can no longer be found on the Chiconis Battlefield, but has appeared to the south along the coast.
    • Brighter Tarantulas are now known as Aviculara Scavengers
    • Brighter Spiders are now known as Dark Crawlers
    • Updated the treasure for Winter Wolves
    • Nipper the Winter Wolf will no longer spawn on Scorpion Island, instead a Winter Wolf Alpha will spawn
    • Drastically reduced the spawn density and rate of Winter Wolves on Scorpion Island
    • Vladtmordt now gives the quest "Vladtmordt's Replica Tempered Scale" and "Vladtmordt's Replica Scale of the Prime" out using the quest bucket system and requires Dragons to be at least level 30.
    • Quest "Dragon Quest: Replica Tempered Scale" is now known as "Vladtmordt's Replica Tempered Scale" and contains better directions to Winter Wolves and Dark Crawlers.
    • Quest items used in the Replica Tempered Scale quest are now stackable but no longer tradeable.
    • Quest "Dragon Quest: Scale of the Prime" is now known as "Vladtmordt's Replica Scale of the Prime" and contains better directions to Ulmus Beetles and Ruxus.
    • Updated the treasure of Snow Ogres and assigned them an AI template
    • Updated the treasure of Frost Beetles and assigned them an AI template
    • Updated quest "Mage's Quest: Speak with Maester Larson in Dalimond" and added it to the quest bucket of Rennis
    • Updated quest "Scout: Seek out Jyrris Wind in Dalimond" and added it to the quest bucket of Geela
    • Updated quest "Warrior's Quest: Deliver a Report to Sergeant Addlier in Dalimond" and added it to the quest bucket of Mattias
    • Quest "Dragon Instant Heal III: Dark Crawler Breeders" now uses kill_keyword and has updated dialog and directions.
    • Small Frost Beetles will now spawn along with Large Frost Beetles
    • Frost Beetles are now known as Large Frost Beetles
    • Adjusted the spawn rates of Iron Golems on the Chiconis Battlefield
    • Adjusted the spawn rates of Lapis Lazuli Golems
    • Tweaked the treasure tables of Lapis Lazuli Golems
    • Cleaned up the Iron Golem spawns around the Chiconis Battlefield, Iron Boulder Golems and Iron Golems now spawn separately from one another.
    • Cleaned up the Silver Golem spawns near the Chiconis Battlefield
    • Tweaked the treasure tables of Silver Golems
    • Human Magical Aptitude now gives a boost to spell damage.
    • Racial abilities, Enhanced Armor Use, Bow, Evasion, Ice Magic, Life Magic, and Magic Defense, and Increased Health all now grant a passive 10% bonus to the base skill/attribute value instead of a 5 or 10 point increase.
    • Racial ability, Innate Armor, now grants a passive 5% bonus to Armor instead of a 5 point increase.
    • Fireflies ability now reduces enemy movement speed on an increasing scale and has greater damage potential starting with Fireflies III and up. It also has a longer recycle.
    • Blight's Favor now has a longer recycle, a much shorter duration, but greatly impacts your Blight and Nature skills.
    • Pillage Spirit now has a shorter recycle, a slight post-delay, shares a recycle with Critical abilities, and does greater damage.
    • Nerve Strike now shares a recycle with Power strike abilities and will overwrite some debuffs now. Fixed a bug where the Stun would conflict with the statistic debuff.
    • Cleaned up the Elm Treant spawns west of Chiconis
    • Dark Crawlers (formerly Brighter Spiders) can now inflict poison on their prey

Fixes

• Volcano spells will no longer consumed when cast after being scribed.
    • Zhaguxal's Vanguard is now removable
    • Quest "Island of Alged: Defeat the Taskmaster" now properly directs you to kill the Task-Master of Terror instead of the Machine of Inhibition.
    • Quests no longer give Imperial Lore Tokens as rewards.
    • Guran the Blacksmith on New Trismus will only give out the training quests for players who have not completed the Blacksmith quest series on Spirit Isle.
    • Tier 2 Techniques now list the proper components that they require.
    • Corrected the name of the Cenotaph Guardians
    • Trophy Hunter quest "Go Bag 5 Snow Ogre Bludgeoners" is now given at a level appropriate for Snow Ogres
    • Fixed Gerix's quest so that he is the one you should speak to after completing the task in order to tain your reward.
    • Reinforced Hide Satchels made using the Expert Hide Satchel formula will now properly require Hide Strips
    • All resources required by the Expert Hide Satchel now have consistent skill min/max values by tier
    • Quest "Imbue the Orb With Your Spirit" now reminds you (both in dialog from Semeneth and in the journal entry) to have the Small Glass Vial in your possession when fighting Kaa the Shade.
    • Small Glass Vial used in the Rite of Passage is now attuned
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 7th, 2009 at 08:43 PM.

Default Re: Blight Update 176

This patch is now on Blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Water at Dalimond Bay 21540/23384 stops and the poor school of bass are now flying fish in mid air

21653,21185: Directional placeholder

------------------

Can't take Relic Hunter quest, but I have an active one from Delgarath quest line.
    Tried to take "Relic Hunter" and "Relic Preserver" from Abietis Tor and/or Khalatorin (on a char that did not take the Relic Hunter quest in Delgarath); however neither had any quest bubbles or offered the quest upon greeting them.

------------------

Forest skulk hunters still don't attack back.

------------------

The Forest Skulk Threat III
    Quest gets "removed" if you take The Forest Skulk Artifact I. I deleted the Artifact quest but it didn't offer the Threat III quest again; I also relogged but no luck.

I took the quest on another character and the quest displays summary text in the Quest Log, but has no steps to complete.
    Nothing in the quest dialog directs you to who to deliver the report to in Dalimond ("superiors in Dalimond"). I tried to talk to several NPCs in Dalimond (Micklin and the 3 guards) but it didn't advance the quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Forest skulk hunters still don't attack back.
    This is already listed under the known issues for the patch.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

21653,21185: Directional placeholder
    This is a known issue. The asset hasn't been patched yet.

The Forest Skulk Threat III
    Quest gets "removed" if you take The Forest Skulk Artifact I. I deleted the Artifact quest but it didn't offer the Threat III quest again; I also relogged but no luck.
    Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme
    Nothing in the quest dialog directs you to who to deliver the report to in Dalimond ("superiors in Dalimond"). I tried to talk to several NPCs in Dalimond (Micklin and the 3 guards) but it didn't advance the quest.
    I did find the "clue" to the person to speak with to complete this quest.

------------
    South March: The Essence of Research I
    Observation: This quest requires craft ability (essence harvesting). Quest reward exp given is adventure only.
    ------------

South March: The Essence of Research II
    Last sentence should read: ...and a healthy dose of water (currently is "health dose of water").

------------

Many of the quests refer to Sable Shores but the teleport gate out of Bristugo refers to the location as Sable Shore as does the in game map.
    ------------

The Plundered Tomb: Speaking to Geriad and his dialog starts with "%asch"
    ------------

Plundered Tombs: Locate the Tomb of Borannis
    Clicking on the link with the Librarian of Ages results in Nil is not online message.
    Many claim she was the most <!--ST 609846 1>beautiful woman<!--/ST> to have ever lived!'
    [12/16/09 00:39:33] nil is not online.

Continuing to greet advances his dialog.
    ------------

Plundered Tombs: The Tomb of Borannis does not indicate a next step after you kill the necromancer. Quest does not complete/advance upon speaking to Geriad Batel again.

Corruption on the Battlefield II:
    There are many questions, n%

--------------

Source of the corruption:
    Killed 4 adepts then waited 11 minutes for any adepts to respawn.

Thanks Creme. Got those all fixed.

This quest can be taken by dragons; however they are unable to make the 8 purified pale essence orbs as it requires enchanting skill.
    Also, I've checked the tombs @ Crankenspank & Borranis and have not located any sarcophagi with grave dust.
    ----------------

Corruption of the spirit II
    No quest reward

----------------
    Cleansing the corruption I
    quest dialog and quest log counter calls for killing 3 corrupted specters, but I only found weakened blight specters and they do update the kill counter.
    The loot drop is corrupted essence as called out in the quest counter.

----------------
    Central Valley: Forest Skulk Menace
    Kill counters for both the Elder & warriors don't update. Village loc 22511,20820 in case I'm not at the correct village. Kill counter calls for Forest Skulk warriors, but none in/around the village, only Shaman, Elder & hunters.

----------------
    Jemmei's Late Delivery
    2nd Sentence: ...you are just the right %tsch%.

----------------
    The Vandus Confederation: the besieged outpost III
    NOTE: Quest log does not show any steps after Listening to Sgt. Illos; however, the NPC dialog does direct you on what to do and the quest successfully completes.

This quest can be taken by dragons; however they are unable to make the 8 purified pale essence orbs as it requires enchanting skill.
    Also, I've checked the tombs @ Crankenspank & Borranis and have not located any sarcophagi with grave dust.
    The quest shouldn't be available to Dragons. Fixing.

The sarcophagi on currently on a VERY long respawn so keep checking. I've lowered it a bit for the next patch.

Corruption of the spirit II
    No quest reward
    Got it. XP and coin now.

Cleansing the corruption I
    quest dialog and quest log counter calls for killing 3 corrupted specters, but I only found weakened blight specters and they do update the kill counter.
    The loot drop is corrupted essence as called out in the quest counter.
    Ah, the name was not set properly. Got it.

Central Valley: Forest Skulk Menace
    Kill counters for both the Elder & warriors don't update. Village loc 22511,20820 in case I'm not at the correct village. Kill counter calls for Forest Skulk warriors, but none in/around the village, only Shaman, Elder & hunters.

----------------
    Jemmei's Late Delivery
    2nd Sentence: ...you are just the right %tsch%.

----------------
    The Vandus Confederation: the besieged outpost III
    NOTE: Quest log does not show any steps after Listening to Sgt. Illos; however, the NPC dialog does direct you on what to do and the quest successfully completes.
    These have been fixed for the next patch.

Killed a warped automaton v0.6b and it didn't update the kill counter for the quest Earn Title: Enemy of the Automation

-----------
    Directional placeholder in the observatory @ 19955,20324 and 19942,20199
    -----------
    Source of Power: Discover the Source
    No quest reward
    -----------
    Source of Power: The Tattered Scroll
    Typo in dialog with Julius: The area itself exudes an aura of magic most vial (should be "vile").
    also
    Alas, we returned before truly breeching (should be "breaching")
    Tattered scroll isn't taken when quest is completed.
    -----------
    Source of Power: The Ritual
    No quest reward
    -----------
    Source of Power: Imbued Artifacts
    Silver Chalice & Gem encrusted ring aren't taken when quest is completed.
    -----------
    Source of Power: Into the Observatory
    Typo: due to the shear numbers (should be "sheer")

Source of the Power: The True Source
    Quest kill counter does not update. Killed the following mobs on the way up the observatory.
    Risen Creator
    Risen Healer
    B'nari ogre
    B'nari pygmy
    Corpse fly
    Warped automation 0.6b
    Master Astronomer

Source of the Power: The True Source
    Quest kill counter does not update. Killed the following mobs on the way up the observatory.
    Risen Creator
    Risen Healer
    B'nari ogre
    B'nari pygmy
    Corpse fly
    Warped automation 0.6b
    Master Astronomer
    What step is that in? What does your quest journal say?

I don't know the steps in each quest, but it's the 6th quest in the series. I think some of the quests had multiple steps but I'm not positive.
    (1) Dreveon - Source of Power: Discover the Source
    (2) Dreveon - Source of Power: The Tattered Scroll
    (3) Librarian of Ages - Source of Power: Imbued Artifacts
    (4) Dreveon - Source of Power: The Ritual
    (5) Wizard Blarto Tiggleshur - Source of Power: Into the Observatory
    (6) Wizard Blarto Tiggleshur - Source of Power: The True Source

Quest Log:
    (Quest summary/prolog)
    Barto sent the report back to Minisa. Minisa believes that something is going on in there, and that this is where the ritual is probably centered.

(First quest step/objective)
    Barto has asked that you make your way to the center of the ruins of the Observatory and look for clues. Fight your way in as you do and you may find out something that will help reveal the Aegis plans.

Kill counter: 0/10 (I assume it's a kill counter, might be a loot counter possibly.)

Yep, it is a kill counter. However, you haven't listed that you killed the right mob, so that's why the quest isn't updating.

And I checked, the Awakened Mechanics (the right mob) should be spawning. If they aren't, then that is a bug.

It did update with the correct mob, thank you.

I'm now on Source of Power: Astronomical Observations and Minisa only gives 1 vial. The instructions say to use them on 5 conduits, but the vial got consumed when I reached the first conduit and used it (quest trigger updated and said to use the vial). My counter now sits at 1/5 and I have no more vials to use.

Racial ability, Innate Armor, now grants a passive 5% bonus to Armor instead of a 5 point increase.
    Innate Armor grants 104% base armor. but it should be 105% ??

Thread Information