Thread: Spawning

Default Spawning

Just ranting...

So, how does the server know what my intentions are? What piece of code is handling the prescient determination of what I'm going to do - before I know I'm going to do it?

I ask, because if I'm going out to kill 20-50 of critter "x" which is in my level range, and go to where critter "x" hangs out, I might have to run in circles for 10-15 minutes before one makes an appearance and continue running in circles for an hour to get all that are required...

Inversely, lets say I'm making one of the runs from Lerena to Draak for my Helian RoP - the server decides this is an excellent time to fully spawn everything under the sun before I get there and some level oh-my-god *thing* waving a meathook one-shots me.

(Hrumphs and stalks off to a local inn to sleep off the death points...)

Default Re: Spawning

I understand your pain, the trip towards Draak has always been one with loads of luck and a big group of kamikaze players.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

you know you're right...I think you're on to something..

The denziens of Istaria have some mind-reading gismo going...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

So far I've averaged a 50% chance of making it to Draak each time that sadist ancient sends me there.

I've also been making the trip solo - I don't want to be responsible for the deaths of others just because *I* have to run this hellish gauntlet. (chuckle)

You do know that you can attune to Draak now if you have some crystal shaping skill (lairshaping levels)? Go talk to the melancholy dragon beside the road north of Dralk (can't think of his name, Bysmi-something?). You need the quest in your log and pick up the items for it on the next trip to Draak but after that you can just port there.

Dracaena

Phooey, can't edit my post. Quest giver is Brysmendrik at 22500/29305.

Dracaena

You need a minimal of 300 skill in crystalshaping, I guess that is about 30 levels or so.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Blargh.

Lv30 Lairshaping? As a Hatchling? Eeew.

That's kinda stupid. Unless, of course, you have another kind dragon who will let you powerlevel your craft, and make all of the lairshaping items for you, just to save you 2 runs to Draak... I dunno, is it worth it?

Anyways, I agree whole-heartedly with the OP: The spawning system in Istaria has always been whacked-up. Undead pop almost instantly, and are, most of the time, the kind of mob you DON'T want popping. Meanwhile, anything that people would normally grind for XP/Trophies take forever to spawn.

It is almost like they have a Priority System, and mobs that most people try to avoid, have been given Highest priority and everything that people normally kill for XP (and especially Dragon Quest Mobs) have been given lowest priority.

That, or it has to do with respawn timers... Undead Repop Instantly (or maybe <30 seconds).

Either way, this needs fixed, we need a more consistent spawn/respawn system, and VI, if you're reading this...

Please make it that no mob can respawn any shorter than 2 minutes. Nothing like an endless quagmire of mobs to ruin your day and annoy the crap out of you. Ogres and Undead are simply _lousy_ for this, you can't even loot the stupid things before you got MORE on you. Kill 1, another 5 are attacking you. By the time you got those 5 dead, you are now fighting 7-8 of them and didn't even get a chance to loot them yet.

Compound that with a simply lousy looting system (you can't see what the heck you're looting or what you did or did not loot), and you have come up with one of The most annoying situations I've ever come across in any MMORPG -- I hate killing something and not being able to loot it.

To be perfectly honest... I am only doing it for the lore story that the questgiver tells you when you are doing the quest.

I read the story when doing it with Rv but never really paid a lot of attention.
    Besides when you have an ancient lvl 70+ lairshaper to build the stuff it is easy for the little guy to simply place it and gain the levels at an alarming rate until I will be around lvl 30-35. That should be enough for my crystalshaping skill to be high enough.

I had already finished the Aughundel to Morning Light, Aughundel to Harro and the run for Abandoned Island when I was lvl 12 adv.

The only worry I have is getting to Draak in 1 piece to gather the crystals needed to complete the quest, but then again I like challenges… Always have and always will I guess.

Thread Information