Thread: clay cookware?

Red face clay cookware?

Many of my confectioner recipes call for clay cookware, but I am unable to find where to get the formulas for them....if they're even still available?

Is there something I'm missing or does anyone know if this will be fixed any time soon? I'd really like to make some of these items.

Thanks!

Default Re: clay cookware?

If you got formulas through the quests that sent you to abandoned burned-down houses or from hunting undead at the observatory, on Draak, or on the mountain going up to dragon ascensions, then those are from before the confectioner class got revamped. The current confectioner formulas do not require clay cookware, and so the formulas to make clay cookware are no longer available from the confectioner trainers. Possibly you could get them hunting in the areas where you get the old formulas too? I do not think there are any plans to reissue them.

Thank you Awdz. I got most of my formulas from the confectioner traininer and the rest from turning in tokens. I'll go see if I can get the quests you've mentioned and see if that helps.

Clay Cookware was made obsolete with the Confectioner Revamp. I am unsure why you want to get the formulas or make the foods, but I want to let you know that making the old-style foods is the most inefficient way to level Confectioner that you could choose.

Confectioner now uses the Primary Skill system and so all "new" formulas (the ones named Appetizer, Main, Side and Dessert) all have their XP adjusted to give far more than the old style formulas.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Clay Cookware was made obsolete with the Confectioner Revamp. I am unsure why you want to get the formulas or make the foods, but I want to let you know that making the old-style foods is the most inefficient way to level Confectioner that you could choose.

Confectioner now uses the Primary Skill system and so all "new" formulas (the ones named Appetizer, Main, Side and Dessert) all have their XP adjusted to give far more than the old style formulas.

My recipes require them for some reason. I would rather not have to use them, but I'm finding there are quite a few that require them. And it's not just the bought formulas, but the ones I've gotten with my tokens as well.

It's just really putting a damper on my confection profession. :P

Hi Cassira!

Welcome back to Istaria!!

The Confectioner trainers nowdays should not be selling the old obsolete recipes that require clay cookware. If you have run across one that is, please send in a bug report, so the Developers can get it fixed pronto.

Nellie Lovett
    Mad Cook of Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

It is still possible for a new confectioner to make these dishes, just very hard. You must level tinkerer or alchemist high enough to have the earthencraft skill required to scribe the expert cookware formulas. These formulas still drop. Then you can run around and make clay pots for a level 1 food.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrolf View Post
    It is still possible for a new confectioner to make these dishes, just very hard. You must level tinkerer or alchemist high enough to have the earthencraft skill required to scribe the expert cookware formulas. These formulas still drop. Then you can run around and make clay pots for a level 1 food.
    I've found this to be true too, Rrolf. I created a bug ticket for this. Hopefully we can get this sorted out soon.

And thanks, Unicorn's Lady, it's nice to be back. I'm not ever sure why I ever left, but I am happy to see issues are being worked on.

Thread Information