Thread: Fangs of Fury and The Primal Rage crystals

Default Fangs of Fury and The Primal Rage crystals

Suggestion: Make the ancient crystals' benefits (chance to land The Primal Rage or Fangs of Fury) as passive abilities, and remove the crystals. And grant both sets of benefits to all ancients. It will help remove the faction from the combat style equation (which I have made detailed points about in other threads).

If they will do this, you will still get your benefit of the ancient combat crystal as well as use one of the epic claws. I'm hoping this idea is considered. Allowing both sides the use of either elemental breath attack was the first half. This idea is the logical second half.

If they choose to make it a crystal no matter what, so that the player is forced to decide whether to use the crystal or an epic claw (bad idea since being ancient should have inherent benefits, not ones I have to give up something else for), then another solution would be to add both sets of benefits to both crystals, and then changing it into a jewelry crystal for use in a headscale.

But the better solution is make them passive abilities. AFTER they finally get the delay modifiers fixed again on The Fangs of Fury.

Default Re: Fangs of Fury and The Primal Rage crystals

i thought there had been plans at some point in the past to make them passive abailities?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    AFTER they finally get the delay modifiers fixed again on The Fangs of Fury.
    Part of me wonders if anyone even notice this. You think lunus dragons would be making more of a stink about since it hasn't even been address in the last 3 patch notes on blight.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Pfftt....

there's so many things in game that needs fixing, this is just one that was added to the pile of "junk that needs to be fixed".

Personally I'm rooting for a fix on the Valkor's blood talon that took FOREVER to get that's now so far subpar to a regular looted item it's sad.
    Last edited by Shian; January 8th, 2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Spelling FTW...

I'm not a fan of eliminating the differences between helian/lunus dragons. I like the deliberation of choosing one faction or the other and part of that is the abilities each gains with the arop.

As for choosing what weapon to use; it's good to make conscious choices in battle, part of that is whether or not to use a socketed claw or some other weapon.

I would like to see the % fixed, which it might have been, a trip to blight would answer that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    there's so many things in game that needs fixing, this is just one that was added to the pile of "junk that needs to be fixed".
    You are more than welcome to help out and list them in the Game Bugs section of the forums. Some we may know of, others we may not. Some may be so old that only the players remember.

Personally I'm rooting for a fix on the Valkor's blood talon that took FOREVER to get that's now so far subpar to a regular looted item it's sad.
    50-75 base slash damage, +30 to Strength, +30 to T&C, 5% chance to proc Ethereal Leech V as an AoE effect with a 10 meter radius.

Damage is lower than the Blood Sword, I'll give you that. It boosts T&C instead of Health. The Sword proc's Syphon instead of Ethereal Leech with the same 5% AoE chance.

Have you seen the claw proc the effect? What about the sword?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You are more than welcome to help out and list them in the Game Bugs section of the forums. Some we may know of, others we may not. Some may be so old that only the players remember.

50-75 base slash damage, +30 to Strength, +30 to T&C, 5% chance to proc Ethereal Leech V as an AoE effect with a 10 meter radius.

Damage is lower than the Blood Sword, I'll give you that. It boosts T&C instead of Health. The Sword proc's Syphon instead of Ethereal Leech with the same 5% AoE chance.

I saw the claw proc the Leach last night on Order. Against a lvl 118 Beetle in the Doom, it was dealing/healing a wopping 89 hp/hit, though I'd have to go log digging to find the frequency.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    I saw the claw proc the Leach last night on Order. Against a lvl 118 Beetle in the Doom, it was dealing/healing a wopping 89 hp/hit, though I'd have to go log digging to find the frequency.
    No need. Its the same effect and frequency as if you used Ethereal Leech V.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The Blood Talon is pretty nice. Maybe higher t&c is what Shian was referring to, in a comparison to say the demon claw.

If the ancient effects were made passive, those claws (blood and demon) would be in higher demand (considered nicer maybe?) As it is they have to compete against fangs of fury and the primal rage which is almost always no contest. And now there's also the new techs for claws as well. Choices are all well and good. but an AROP benefit really shouldn't be something you give up to use a demon claw.

As far as helian and lunus combat differences that Creme mentioned, remember this: Some of us chose a side before any of this was known/in game. The only differences back then was the 20 t&c vs 20 primal and the ice/spirit vs flame resists. In my opinion those rop differences themselves are enough of a difference between factions, thats decided then (when character is still relatively young). Further differentiation can be one or the other questlines, ancient schools, etc. Faction is a political alignment, nothing more.
    Last edited by Guaran; January 8th, 2010 at 06:05 PM.

There aren't any plans to change those crystals to passive abilities. Sorry.

Heck Amon i have it on right now. It works fine... just need a good gold rage or ravage and off it goes. keep in mind everyone the chance for it to proc on 1 mob is slim. 5% per attack now if you use the claw for what i believe to be the Ultimate farming weapon it procs every time . The more mobs you attack at once with an ability like bofb or the other aoe ability's will grant a better rate of the talon using its ability yes i have had it go off on spike scales alone as well do not know if that is a glich or not .

There aren't any plans to change those crystals to passive abilities. Sorry.
    Thank you for this great news Amon. I hope there will be some difference in combat ability's between the factions . Before every one jumps on me ask your self this. Why would there be 2 distinct classes with out there own sets of tricks.

It is true that the Lunus faction is a maylay based class. Properly set up Lunuses are dame hard to kill in certain types of combat . In crc (Close range combat ) our ability's are at there peak but something i have learned while playing Epion no matter how i change his stat points scales or crystals he can never be able to hold his own agent a well set caster or LRC (Long range combat )

Now i will comment that our spells are a Joke and hopefully Amon will look in to giving Healians a better set (More damaging ) of spells that again are faction based
    Last edited by lightning claw; January 8th, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Can I just jump in and comment that political alignment has no real bearing on combat skills. I play as a Lunus because I firmly believe in the superiority of dragons over the naka-dusakel yes I am not a 100% melee dragon. My training points are spread almost evenly between t&c and primal (primal actually has more to offset my faction t&c bonus) and I can cast quite competently.

Even so I find myself almost never using spells because of the stupidly long casting delays and only really having 1 effective damage spell and a few AoEs.

As Khemarius keeps reminding us, Lunus scholars do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaze View Post

As Khemarius keeps reminding us, Lunus scholars do exist.

Where in the lore dose there speak of a lunus scholar?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Where in the lore dose there speak of a lunus scholar?
    Lore also does not say anywere that dragons have a hive mind and thus always want to stay in the faction they choose for at RoP in the sense Lunus = Melee, Helian = Caster. Not to mention a well know expression... There are exceptions to every rule. I also doubt that it is written in lore that Lunus are just mindless barbarians and thus they shall probably have scholars as well.. Ever hear of the lair chamber Lunus Library??

Now to get back on topic...
    Eventhough there are no plans to make the crystals passive abilities I do like the idea. Although the merger of Dragon kind to a point that the only difference would be your liking or disliking of the naka would not be bad in a strange way, but I personally would prefer to see this remain the way it is.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Agreed that the faction choice shouldn't be a permanent decision.

I will just have to disagree with it not being made passive (or not giving both factions, both the primal rage and the fangs of fury in SOME form or other.)

Other questlines or schools would have been the better choice for combat style differentiation. However since the spells have a different use (many would call less useful), few would choose that combat style if it was some sort of permanent, un-reversable choice. The permanence of the Factions (and therefore attunement to a particular combat style) is the complete opposite of one of Horizons strengths: Multiclassing.

Perhaps let me make a different suggestion (the heart of which was originally proposed to be a part of AROP): After completing AROP, the Ancient Dragon may visit the council of Elders and change factions if desired, swapping the weapon crystal for the other sides' at the same time. This change can be made back and forth with no limit.

In this way, a Dragon can "multiclass" his combat style accordingly. A simple, alternate solution since they have no plans to grant the arop (sided) benefits to all.

Thread Information