Thread: Survey says....

Default Survey says....

I have a great lil idea. We all get on the forums and read post comments and what not agreed ? What if each new suggestion gets a yea nay or undecided box you can click? so the devs could look at the forums look at the suggestions and get a quick read on what istarians relay think. Then people don't have to leave a me to or yea or nay on a idea. they can vote on a idea and wander on and not leave comments. there buy freeing up forum space for all the lil posts of me to or heck no.I have seen surveys on here before I believe or have I lost my mind?

Default Re: Survey says....

I believe that the Forum readership population differs significantly from the regualr active player population in that only a portion of active players read these forums and only a subset of those post here; and also a number of those who are not actively playing the game do read these Formus and some of those inactive players do post here,

As a result, these Forums are at best an often "hazy" indication of the wishes of the majority of active players.

Knossos

in game polls work

gotta find a method for them though.

might be as easy as a message of the day (MOTD) along with a modified /report option...

but that depends on willing devs

--

we could do a "what do you think the devs are doing" poll
    could be kind of fun & funny
    might get a response too

seems like they could set up an imperial surveyor - maybe use one of the npc's in bristugo - and the questions they want input on set up as quests that you can only do once. the imperial surveyor could also post survey results as a repeatable quest that you can do after you finish the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    I believe that the Forum readership population differs significantly from the regualr active player population in that only a portion of active players read these forums and only a subset of those post here; and also a number of those who are not actively playing the game do read these Formus and some of those inactive players do post here,

As a result, these Forums are at best an often "hazy" indication of the wishes of the majority of active players.

Knossos
    I agree with knossos, the forum doesn't necessarily represent everyone. Hopefully for statistical purposes, enough people experience issues that at least a few will find their way here and make a suggestion on the issue.

As far as survey checkboxes in the forums themselves, something similiar already exists: "Rate this Thread" where you can assign 1 (terrible) to 5 (excellent) stars to a thread. As you will now see, I rated this thread a 4 star as an example.

I think we do have to keep in mind that the idea's which will be suggested fits within the plans the dev's have with the game.

Of course if the dev's would ask us about our views when it comes to plans they have then we could advise.

I personally think that even though we could say yes or no that one of the larger factors will be time required to implement something like that and in such how much it would cost to implement a seemingly easy change.

Risk v. reward is extremely valid--esp. in production lvl code...

"imperial surveyor"
    /em likes this.

How bout a suggestions box?
    Double click to open a note-like, text box for submission.
    Wouldn't be too hard to separate out any erroneous ones...
    Could set up a filter to group them by keyword, etc. etc.

Thread Information