Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How happy are you ingame?

Default Re: How happy are you ingame?

Keep the personal attacks under wraps here, folks. Any more and this thread will be gone.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

change happens, my friends. good and bad, it comes and it comes.
    it happens in life and it happens in game.

fortunately, istaria, while it feels like more of a home than a real one sometimes, is only a game. if you don't have fun playing it, FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU MAY HAVE, you have the right and the duty to vote with your money.

in the perfect world, peeps would not judge others for how they feel about something, especially if it was different from their own. i certainly may not agree with someones reasons for doing things, but it is their reasons and important to them. who am i to tell them their feelings are wrong or childish compared to my own lofty and mature emotions?

if you leave, i will be sorry to see you go. if you stay but want to beeatch about everything, i will try to ignore you as best i can. if you stay and want to play, i will be here to help you if i can.

putting peeps down because they don't think the same way you do is pretty low........ making generalizations about how others think is pretty low......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

From my view here in the nosebleed seats outside of the fishtank... I find a lot of this oddly amusing:

On the one hand, I see a lot of grumbling because Istaria 'needs to get with the times', 'update that', 'change this', etcetera.

On the other hand if anything changes, even in the slightest, people run for their torches and pitchforks.

In a recent dialog with someone on the inside I discovered that while a lot is being done, an equal amount isn't because changing anything has a high percentage change of causing a thread just like this one.

Basically, folks need to make up their minds: Update Istaria and understand this means making changes to things you've taken for granted for years and possibly making you try new things, changing the way things work, or altering your character in ways you don't like to make a new system, graphic, or procedure work.

The other option is to leave Istaria alone and stop griping about the dated graphics, lack of content, and whatever else people go on about...

Me? Bring on the changes! Make my bipeds locked to two classes max, change my dragon's model around and change my stats, move my guild town or ask me to rebuild things, re-write every spell in the game - I'll adjust, and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. But that's me, and I understand that to make changes for the better, changes must be made.

Every update is like getting a new game. I even enjoy the bugs, because after 6 years most of the bugs aren't show stoppers and some are even kind of funny - I flew over Sandstone Bluff the other day just to watch the world turn sideways...

I really should be playing on Blight so I can play with the changes as they roll out, but I enjoy the folks in EoS too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    Me? Bring on the changes! Make my bipeds locked to two classes max,
    I'm all for it as long as it's done on crafting too. Two schools max each. Awesome change. We'll call this Runes of Magic .2

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee now that would suck! lol
    nope i enjoy the ablility to multiskewl - limiting it might be my dealbreaker - i am shooting for the master builder emblem myself!

but if it happens, i will deal with it then....as i try to do with all such decisions (believe me, i can still go off in a rant about nadia.... )...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Aamer, with all friendly respect:
    We should not evaluate people`s decision to leave this game, nor call it infantile or other.
    What counts is THAT they leave- for their own good reasons.

Dhalin I totally disagree with all you`ve said, but I`ll safe my breath.

I agree with Phillip in nearly each point (cause we both play on Order and know what we are talking about, would not talk about the community of chaos which is totally different).

I`ve read a lot about powerlevelling in this thread, and I do not want to discuss
    this here, cause we have already derailed it to extend^^
    As we have time enough during patch- I`ll open a new thread.

SO: How happy are you ingame?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I agree that folks leave for their own good reason, and that to them, the reasons seem totally justified.

That I personally find some of the reasons that have been mentioned here infantile, is simply my opinion, nothing more.

You see, the funny thing is I understand how players like Phillip feel, I just don't agree with his perspective. I have had many friends leave the game over very minor things. Shoot, I too have felt that way. But when they left, I expressed my view that the problem was minor, and yet they left. I fully understood, and wished them well, because at that moment, the problem was keeping them from having fun in game.

But that's NOT what this thread has been about. Its about getting folks to side with those that feel that the upcoming patch will be bad for the game. This is something that is believed, but cannot be known until we see how things are afterwards. To claim that we will lose many players over this and make idle threats about what will happen is pretty childish.
    Aamer Khan : The Eyes of Istaria : First Herald of Istaria
    Helper to those in need, Guide to the newly gifted, Friend and neighbor to all.

Aamer, i didn't say the patch is bad in general. I'm excited about the t2 revamp in hopes the noobs will stay on.

However, I simply don't agree with the amount of nerfs by VI since they took over. I didn't say lots of people are going to leave over it, either. I just don't feel it's what the game needs. I also don't feel that adding something for dragons while take away something else is what the dragon players want right now.

There's no overpower in this game. It's a multiclassing game - the more you earn the better you are. I don't see crafting get the bat not anywhere near adventuring has been. It's almost like they're trying to narrow adv multiclassing to a constant, and I simply disagree with that direction.

Thread Information