Thread: A little more balance perhaps

Default A little more balance perhaps

In writing this post I would like to offer a heart felt pat on the back to the dev's. I love many aspects of Istaria, the crafting is by far the best of any game i think i have ever encountered. Graphics and playability..ehh not so much but by far still done very well.
    If i had to offer up any advice at all it would be balance. When one looks at Istaria as a whole it becomes very plain that the game belongs to the dragons..I play one myself. I think for the most part thats great for most but for those that like the bi ped's..I also play a few of these. The game lacks content, consistency and balance for the bi ped races.
    Look at the monk school for example VS dragon, three whole quests to what well over a hundred for dragons. Of course if that is the main goal of virtrium to lean the game solely towards dragons then it's all well and good. Personally in my lowley opinion you might vastly increase the overall popularity of the game if you found a happy point between the dragons and bi peds where content is concerned.
    Please understand that im not putting down any improvements or hard work that the dev team has made at all. In fact there have been many great changes all around. It just seems at least to me that the bi ped races still do without in many areas.

Default Re: A little more balance perhaps

I do agree in part with your comments. As some have stated previously, Istaria is virtually two completely separate games - 1 for peds, and 1 for dragons. Dragon quests are really about the Rite of Passage and Ancient Rite of Passage, hence a lot of their quests are specifically required for them to ascend.

Monks are a special case, in that they are the base school for the Disciples, however they are still a school in their own right. A lot of the content that is being added is for everyone however, such as the T1/T2 revamp and the recent Dralnok's Doom event/content updated.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

You are right, crockster. Biped schools, in comparison to Dragons, do suffer from less attention. But the reason is because the population of Istaria is almost 50% Dragons. So we focus on a large segment of the population a lot more.

However, we are slowly adding more quests for biped schools over time. There are now five (or six) quests for Storm Disciple in the game for players. Not long ago we added some quests for Rangers. So as you can see, it is slowly coming along.

Tier 2 in fact contains quest series for blocks of schools (Warrior schools, Healer schools and Mage schools) that only they can do.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by crockster View Post
    In writing this post I would like to offer a heart felt pat on the back to the dev's. I love many aspects of Istaria, the crafting is by far the best of any game i think i have ever encountered. Graphics and playability..ehh not so much but by far still done very well.
    If i had to offer up any advice at all it would be balance. When one looks at Istaria as a whole it becomes very plain that the game belongs to the dragons..I play one myself. I think for the most part thats great for most but for those that like the bi ped's..I also play a few of these. The game lacks content, consistency and balance for the bi ped races.
    Look at the monk school for example VS dragon, three whole quests to what well over a hundred for dragons. Of course if that is the main goal of virtrium to lean the game solely towards dragons then it's all well and good. Personally in my lowley opinion you might vastly increase the overall popularity of the game if you found a happy point between the dragons and bi peds where content is concerned.
    Please understand that im not putting down any improvements or hard work that the dev team has made at all. In fact there have been many great changes all around. It just seems at least to me that the bi ped races still do without in many areas.
    My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Elder and wise, there is indeed, at least to my poor eye and wit, wisdom to your words.

And there is also not .

But ere any take these words of mine amiss, then I shall speak further.

Ye speak of the draku, and ye speak of those of two legs. And then ye compare the draku and, as example, a Monk.

But draku are draku alone. And are two legs monk alone? It may be so, it may be no... but it is a thing of choosing. For there are many things the one of two legs may be, and if I may not be them, then I have seen some manner of them at the Lightning's side. For there is the Ranger, and there is the Sorceror... there is the Paladin and there is.... but no matter. There be many. And do these many also lack mystery and seeking?

Yes.

Yes, because there is little of the land to compare to the glory and trial, the complexity and struggle of the manner in which my kind seek wings. Yes, because there is little to compare to the Rift, and what must transpire within ere one comes to Ancient nature.

But also no. For there is the Burning Archer, for those that choose that path. There is the matter of keys and their making, for those that would Tinker. There is the seeking ( or was, at least... I am old and it may have changed in those tides since I knew of it ) the seeking of the Cyclone magery.

There are many paths the two leg may follow, and to me this is a right thing. There is but one draku nature, and this is also to me a right thing. And if one were to take and set side by side all those seekings a two leg may seek, and set them sister or brother to those a drake may, are we to simply count their number, and mark one greater then the other? Or take the majesty of one or two trials alone and find them greater than the other?

Pfah. And, if need be, pish I say, and tosh also .

Ye speak of balance, wise one. And balance is indeed a thing good to seek. But shall we seek to balance the red between a strawberry and a lemon? And count the pea lacking for that? Or should we count the seeds twixt apple and strawberry and count the apple ill served?

A trial for any god this be, I think. For the only true balance is between two things that be both the same... two peas in one pod. And it would be an ill day to my mind when two legs and draku were but two gifted peas in Istaria's pod. And yet... thy words mark a matter dear to many, and thy words are no less of merit, at least to me, for the trial made whole by seeking their resolution.

For me... that which I am, I am. That which another is, for me again, is no give or take from the nature I bear. But for my own self alone I speak. The minds of others are theirs alone, and no place for me to claim my words are set .

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

Quote Originally Posted by peladon View Post

Elder and wise, there is indeed, at least to my poor eye and wit, wisdom to your words.

And there is also not .

But ere any take these words of mine amiss, then I shall speak further.

Ye speak of the draku, and ye speak of those of two legs. And then ye compare the draku and, as example, a Monk.

But draku are draku alone. And are two legs monk alone? It may be so, it may be no... but it is a thing of choosing. For there are many things the one of two legs may be, and if I may not be them, then I have seen some manner of them at the Lightning's side. For there is the Ranger, and there is the Sorceror... there is the Paladin and there is.... but no matter. There be many. And do these many also lack mystery and seeking?

Yes.

Yes, because there is little of the land to compare to the glory and trial, the complexity and struggle of the manner in which my kind seek wings. Yes, because there is little to compare to the Rift, and what must transpire within ere one comes to Ancient nature.

But also no. For there is the Burning Archer, for those that choose that path. There is the matter of keys and their making, for those that would Tinker. There is the seeking ( or was, at least... I am old and it may have changed in those tides since I knew of it ) the seeking of the Cyclone magery.

There are many paths the two leg may follow, and to me this is a right thing. There is but one draku nature, and this is also to me a right thing. And if one were to take and set side by side all those seekings a two leg may seek, and set them sister or brother to those a drake may, are we to simply count their number, and mark one greater then the other? Or take the majesty of one or two trials alone and find them greater than the other?

Pfah. And, if need be, pish I say, and tosh also .

Ye speak of balance, wise one. And balance is indeed a thing good to seek. But shall we seek to balance the red between a strawberry and a lemon? And count the pea lacking for that? Or should we count the seeds twixt apple and strawberry and count the apple ill served?

A trial for any god this be, I think. For the only true balance is between two things that be both the same... two peas in one pod. And it would be an ill day to my mind when two legs and draku were but two gifted peas in Istaria's pod. And yet... thy words mark a matter dear to many, and thy words are no less of merit, at least to me, for the trial made whole by seeking their resolution.

For me... that which I am, I am. That which another is, for me again, is no give or take from the nature I bear. But for my own self alone I speak. The minds of others are theirs alone, and no place for me to claim my words are set .

Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise
    Sephiranoth oh wise one of ages past, twister of tongue and speaker of .....more than truth. As always even in or out of dragon chat you remain Sephiranoth Long of wind...*BONK*

Antithrax, called by many Eater of Gnome

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by crockster View Post
    Sephiranoth oh wise one of ages past, twister of tongue and speaker of .....more than truth. As always even in or out of dragon chat you remain Sephiranoth Long of wind...*BONK*

Antithrax, called by many Eater of Gnome
    Then, since it seems my too many words bring offence and discord where I did not seek to bring such... I shall offer fewer. To silence I return.

Ahh poo on ye i wast just joking

Thread Information