Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blasted blizzard!

Default Blasted blizzard!

You know that you're getting way too much snow for your area when someone who has lived 86 years in upstate NY calls to LAUGH at you about the amount of snow you're getting... and at the end says "Wow, I'm glad I'm not you guys. We don't have that much snow!"

*grumbles*

Anyone have any good recipes for groundhog? Thinking that rotten critter in PA needs to pay for this!

Default Re: Blasted blizzard!

I'm REALLY glad I didn't go in. My first class starts at noon (although it's not really a class- I don't pay for it and I don't get a grade) My first actual class starts at 2:40. Just got an email stating classes beyond 3PM are cancelled.

Considering it takes 2 hours one way, REALLY glad I stayed home to write my essay

Heard a weather guy say that the blizzards would not stop till Al Gore crys uncle. hehe
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarr View Post
    Heard a weather guy say that the blizzards would not stop till Al Gore crys uncle. hehe
    I love it when stupid people eat their words.

Global "Warming" indeed.....

I love it when people attempt to draw conclusions about a trend from a single statistically insignificant event.

Mostly I wish this snow storm hadn't arrived on the heels of another worse one. I'd like to go back to school before March, please!

so the fact that I Read this and immediately thought it was ranting about the "WoW Blizzard" and the fact tha tservers have been extremely laggy since the last maintainence does not, by itself, make me a gaming nerd.

By itself...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

maybe not, but it doesn't make peeps non-suspicious!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Oh but that would be very efficient: cursing about blizzard and Blizzard the company at the same time

I'm living in Northern Europe, and while we get serious, cold winters, we don't get THAT much snow in such a short time... good for us Although we do have over 60 cm (about 25 inch) thick snow cover currently.

And about Blizzard... WoW servers are laggy now because of the new seasonal event. If you are on a certain seasonal quest, you have a chance to get certain loot EVERY time you kill a monster.

Now imagine thousands of people killing things at the same time... And then imagine the servers doing calculations whether you get the loot or not. Then the item is placed in the database... This puts incredible strain on WoW servers, so you get a lot of lag... especially on the battlegroups that have the oldest server hardware.

... meanwhile in Canada, which was known long ago now as a snow country, we cant find snow to save our lives. *Starts to import tonnes of snow from the south for the winter Olympic* (=:
    Image, feeling a little upside down

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    so the fact that I Read this and immediately thought it was ranting about the "WoW Blizzard" and the fact tha tservers have been extremely laggy since the last maintainence does not, by itself, make me a gaming nerd.

By itself...
    So I wasn't alone in thinking this... Good to know.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

muhahaha...

And meh I thikn it had more to do with populations, I didn't even have a server que so populations have been higher..

But it seems to be fixed now... (the servers, not the actual weather/snow)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

By itself...
    Anybody who plays WoW is probably getting very annoyed by now.

This maintenance and severe lag is, like, every single day. Honestly, when will it end, and we can actually enjoy the game without all of this lag, and restarts/maintenance every morning?

What makes it even worse, is the fact that my "main" server just happens to be on Emberstorm.... and Emberstorm has had major outages lately, at least 3 within the last 2 months, lasting 5+ hours. One of them happened on a Thursday, two days after the normal Tuesday maintenance.

yea I had some friends of mine desperately trying to finish the Holiday Title as they are working on their drake - and the lag was causing steps to be undoable.

I GOT my proto-drake!! (huzzah!) Actually I got it this holiday - I would have gotten it at Halloween but last V-day I missd droppping a SINGLE STUPID Love dummy in COT because I thought it ended like..tuesday at midnight instead of Monday at midnight (cries). But I has it now!

As for relevnt topics- Alabama got an inch of snow! (ZOMG!) It actually stuck yesterday, course its already mostly gone but this is like a once-every-five years experience for us. I was getting upset that the entire rest of the country got snow when we didn't .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

yea I had some friends of mine desperately trying to finish the Holiday Title as they are working on their drake - and the lag was causing steps to be undoable.

I GOT my proto-drake!! (huzzah!) Actually I got it this holiday - I would have gotten it at Halloween but last V-day I missd droppping a SINGLE STUPID Love dummy in COT because I thought it ended like..tuesday at midnight instead of Monday at midnight (cries). But I has it now!
    Grats!

That's a 310% mount. I want one of those someday, but I hate the PvP and Random Number Generator achievements in the holiday stuff, so I gave up on that a long time ago.

I suppose my Crusader Aura that gives me 300% is good enough lol. Though the thoughts of 330% are tempting...

((really didn't mean to hijack but...))

Well if you're noticing, there are less and less RNG dependent stuff going on (looking at the rewrite of Halloween and V-day Events alone) as most players really hate them. And with the mount on the line and the waiting of another year - Blizz is actually appearing to listen.

As for the PVP stuff- honestly I hate PVP too - I can say that rarely did any of the PVP related acheivements take me more than even an hour to complete - most under 30 minutes. They may sometimes look intense, but most of them are actually really fast and easy. The only one I can think of that I actually had to try at was the "capping a flag in each BG" one - and it really didn't take me more than 1 or 2 BG to actually accomplish this. It also helps (actually) If you let everyone in the group know what you're trying to do - odds are they are doing the same thing and they'll try to take turns (This is what happned with me and that acheivement in Warsong lol).

Sounds amazing considering what pepole think of as "normal attitudes" in PVP but yea, even the other side figured out what people were trying to do and we let everyone take turns - lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    So I wasn't alone in thinking this... Good to know.
    Heh...not even remotely alone :P
    I am known as Morriana Morrigan and Kyairthwen Swordsong on Order
    Cedric: I complain about lack of roleplay.
    DM Kami: I'll get to you.
    Ganshiel: You are going to be eaten by the demon queen Malkuth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I love it when stupid people eat their words.

Global "Warming" indeed.....
    Well the thing is it's not as simple as everywhere just getting hotter. Some places get cooler first, and others warmer. In Canada it's been a rather warm, wet winter. In the Uk, and much of Europe, we have had a *horrendous* Winter. Quoting figures from the paper this Uk winter is once in 80 years, while for Europe it's something like 1 in 300.

The Uk weather is largely determined by the Gulfstream ... indeed our relatively temperate climate is defined by it. There is evidence that it is being disrupted, and that's pretty bad news as it could lead to some serious Winters that the Uk shouldn't get. Moscow is about the same latitude as Newcastle, and yet Newcastle is warmer.

The other half of it is that developing nations around the equator will experience drought that makes today look like wet season, hungar will spread as crops fail. Yes El Nino is at a peak this year, but that's every 5 years anyway so this is frequent in comparison to the recently more nasty weather we've had.

In a nutshell the human race is going to have burn't 3-4 billion years worth of decomposed life (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil)... see Mineral Oil ... in about 250 years. Burning all that oil created by carbon-based life that generates carbon dioxide with no increase in available plant life to absorb/convert it, and try to tell me that won't affect the climate? *sigh*

My father is the same. He couldn't give two hoots about it. Hell I'm an airline pilot, but I do fly the most economical turboprop in production. Oh and cars currently generate 25% of worldwide greenhouse gases, while commercial aviation is a mere 2% (http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/environ...ate_change.htm).

I'll say it's far better to do our best, than to not bother and trust to fate. Unfortunately the decision makers are dragging their heels and going for the profiteering option, as most of them will be dead and buried when the results will reveal themselves. Yep looking after their own retirement I'm sure, so when I retire in my air-conditioned bubble, wearing factor 99 sunscreen and an oxygen mask ... with no pension after our government balls that up too. Yeah I'm sure I'm in for a fantastic retirement ... I wonder how it'll be for my nephews.

Rakku

another sad part is that the burning of fossil fuels is only one piece of the HUGE pollution afflicting the planet... there's that floating garbage dump in the pacific, not to mention toxic wastes in various areas - e.g., nuclear subs that sank are not helping the oceans any. *sighs* maybe an apocalypse in 2012 will save us from a worse fate...?

Guys come on realy the appocliops *Shakes head * you do realize the roman calander the calender that we currently use is behind 4 years right so in essence 2012 all ready happened.

Second way to shoot down this myth

The miens where at constant war with the philistines how do we not know that a bloody battel happened and the dude in charge of chronicling there calender was not knocked off ?

to be brutal honest what i think might happen not in our life time but soon after if we dont stop our current corse of action in the way we treat our home

rent the day after tomorrow

scientifically the most logical thing to happen

follow along now
    sun melt ice caps - more water in ocean - sun evaporates more water - more sevear weather happens = earth corrects it self

the one thing i agree with with the mians is that our planet is living in a certain scene if we keep screwing with it ... one day it will strike back . Nature can be a cold B - - - H at times but the end of the world ... come on
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information