Thread: Istaria Patcher 'exception has been thrown by the target of invocation'.

Default Istaria Patcher 'exception has been thrown by the target of invocation'.

I'm getting this error message 'exception has been thrown by the target of invocation' when I try to log onto any of the servers and patching begins... Even Blight?

Is it my computer or is there something going on?

Default Re: Istaria Patcher 'exception has been thrown by the target of invocation'.

From memory, this is the launcher having problems communicating with the logon services. There is a small Troubleshooting section on the wiki but I can't see anything specific to your problem.

You should be able to at least get to the Istaria secured logon page via Internet Explorer, if you can't then there may be issues with your ISP/network connection?

You don't need to log in to the play.istaria.com site, as long as you can see the home page then that should be OK. The web services are located there I think...
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Default Re: Istaria Patcher 'exception has been thrown by the target of invocation'.

I can log onto my account via Istaria home page, yes, I can use character management etc. It's just the patcher I have troubles with. Are the servers up? But even if they aren't I should be able to log onto Blight?

Just happened again, I get a red cross through the dragon picture when patching and it just closes.
    Last edited by Thero; February 11th, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

The shards are up.

I suggest you make a support ticket, its not an error message ive seen before.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

'exception has been thrown by the target of invocation'

It sounds beautifull doesn't it? Like something a mage or another spellcaster could do.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thero View Post
    I can log onto my account via Istaria home page, yes, I can use character management etc. It's just the patcher I have troubles with. Are the servers up? But even if they aren't I should be able to log onto Blight?

Just happened again, I get a red cross through the dragon picture when patching and it just closes.
    OK, definitely a support ticket then. Check the troubleshooting page mentioned in my last post, it has details on how to enable logging.

If it is dropping out at the "Dragon" loading screen, this is the patcher that is crashing I believe?
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Can you post what the cause of this error was so we know for the future. Thanks
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information