Thread: Woes of the Silentpatcher...

Default Woes of the Silentpatcher...

I just got back from the vet, had a nap and was quite shocked to see the servers up! I was completely excited to be able to play (As I have only been back form my break about 2 weeks) and well, I hit a little snag.

When I try to download the patch, the SilentPatcher.exe decides it's not working. Now, last time this happened I just re-downloaded the patcher, but even that isn't working! I am so tired of this silentpatcher problem It seems to get me every time *Grumbles and raises a bat at the offender*

I'm going to scour the forums for more possible solutions, but I am tired of the same problem ever patch day *sighs* And this time, like I said, downloading the patcher and installing it again didn't seem to work. I will, however, try it once more.

Default Re: Woes of the Silentpatcher...

Seems like the patch still downloads if I leave the error screen up lol.... That's REALLY weird. But it's still something that might happen again when I actually try to play xD

I've tried fiddling with the options, turning them on and off and trying different combinations, but that doesn't seem to be working. I've downloaded the patcher again and I reinstalled it again twice. I'm not sure if resetting the patcher will work (that might just reset the preferences back to normal) but I will try that after this current test of just leaving the patcher error on my desktop and letting it download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, just figured I would give a situation update =3

Have you tried to log into Blight? Perhaps that will allow you to download all the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I haven't tried that, no, but if this isn't working then I will try that. However, the patching IS going through (for whatever reason) even with the error on my screen. 355/498 files have been downloaded as I type this.

I just wish I understood why the error is there, even if the patchers still going, that doesn't make any sence to me whatsoever. I will post again whether the problem persists and makes it impossible to play and after I have tried resetting the patcher and as you mentioned, logging into blight.

Ssargon,

Depending on what server you were patching to you would have gotten a different version of the silentpatcher.exe and patcher.dll. This is why the one on Blight would work in cases where the one on Order would not.

In fixing the crash issue on Order, we discovered this as well. So I'd suggest that if the patcher is running, go ahead and let it run. But know, too, that the one you are running is most likely the one that is out of date.

Yay! The game seems to be err.. launching.... I did get an error before loading the game though (again) but closing it when Istaria started loading didn't close it. I'll restart the game once it's loaded and try once more when I'm all done loading the game (which takes aaaages for me ) Will update this post with the result! *is happy that it's working in any case*

Didn't see your post until after posting this. Is there any way to update the patcher? I did download it through the website and that didn't change a thing...

Thread Information