Thread: New Emotes?

Default New Emotes?

I heard there are new emotes. ok, I found them in my resoarses folder. now what? I downloaded Firebrandcrests newest emote pack, it`s extracted, and installed in my override folder. but I still can`t get these new emotes to work.
    I see the files for them
    bow_respectful, bow_deep, and yawn
    sadly I cannot patch to blight. on either Windows XP nor Vista, even deleted my worldcache for the server, and I still get a transport error. so blight`s out of the question. is there something I am missing? or are these new emotes just not enabled yet?

Default Re: New Emotes?

Unless you do some manual work by copying to resources_override, I believe those emotes are only available on Blight and Order. Is your character on Chaos? I don't think the emotes are available there yet.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

I`m on Order. but they don`t work on Blight either. O.o

If you installed it directly in the resources_override folder with the installer, then it must conflict with the previous version of the MOD.
    You just have to show the installer the game folder (C:\Program Files\Istaria for example), not the resources_override folde: it will install itself what it needs where it needs and overwrite the previous files.
    If you used the version without installer, just extract the archive in the game folder as well.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

The new emotes worked for me on Chaos last night as well. I didn't have to do anything special -- when I went to log in, the game patched and I discovered them.

Wot! finaly got em to work, little did I know I had to completely uninstall/delete the previous emote pack to get it to work >.>
    Thanks for the help Firebrandcrest!

Yeah the emote mod packs override the files containing the new ones.

Someone might combine them in the future. But the new ones are much cleaner and smoother working than the mod ones are.

I hope to eventually make some real emotes for some of the mod emotes. I did make one to replace "Stand and Roar" but it...sucked....

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Yeah the emote mod packs override the files containing the new ones.

Someone might combine them in the future. But the new ones are much cleaner and smoother working than the mod ones are.
    As Tzael's and Swythe's emotes have been merged for long to the official ones, I guess you're talking about mine.
    For the official emotes, the MOD has exactly the same than the official files because it's just the official files with additions. And it shouldn't override the new emotes as they have been added to v2.2; if it does, update the MOD: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...&postcount=102

For the non offcial ones, they use animations which where not planned to be used that way (usually fighting animations). You can't expect these emotes to be as smooth as the official ones which have animations designed to be emote.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information