Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2010 Content Update

Default Re: February 2010 Content Update

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    So if Sslanis isn't hte only attunement - what other ones are their? Just wanting to know ahead of time .
    The ones I remember are Chiconis, Dalimond, Sslanis, and Bristugo.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Quills and ice barrier still seem to conflict
    Both damage shields. Working as intended.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Both damage shields. Working as intended.
    Ice Barrier is the only one thats a damage shield.

Quills is a Damaging ability. But it doesn't absorb damage like Ice Barrier.

They are both removed after a certain amount of damage is done, but Quills is not a damage shield.

These have stacked since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Ice Barrier is the only one thats a damage shield.

Quills is a Damaging ability. But it doesn't absorb damage like Ice Barrier.

They are both removed after a certain amount of damage is done, but Quills is not a damage shield.
    Quills is most definitely a damage shield. Ice Barrier... Unsure. It absorbs damage like Quills, but it doesn't send it back to the attacker. Not sure what that would classify as.

These have stacked since launch.
    That means nothing at all.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 15th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Quills is most definitely a damage shield. Ice Barrier... Unsure. It absorbs damage like Quills, but it doesn't send it back to the attacker. Not sure what that would classify as.

I've always seen Ice Barrier as a shield boost in that it adds to resistances of specific types. I took it to be similar to the spells spirit/flame/ice/energy/nature resist, except it dissolves after 20 hits and it's melee instead of arcane/mystical damage types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I ran an alt out to the Festival Crypt and it appears the spooky spiders and scary zombies aren't dropping any costumes this year. I know a couple years ago I found skeleton, female ghost, male ghost, female zombie, male zombie for each biped race plus a special zombie(biped) costume. For dragon it was ghost juvenile, adult, and ancient costumes.

This time it appears the only costumes are the biped mummy and dragon zombie ones sold by the vendor Alistair. Was this intended?

One other detail I noticed, the masks and dragon scales offered for sale by Jacques listed all for my biped in the usable column. I didn't run my dragon over to see if it said the biped masks were usable to dragon.

I was also wondering if there would be a Gnomekindle festival this winter?

Thanks,

Dracaena
    Order Shard

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

I'm pretty sure Quills doesn't absorb damage, only returns it just like CoT...

I can't help but feel there was a little miscommunication there about what is defined as a 'damage shield'.
    Ice Barrier certain is a sheild against physical damage, but I'm under the impression that a 'damage shield' is generally accepted to be an ability that reflects damage, hence Ice Barrier is not a damage shield, and Glaring Quills is.
    Last edited by hallucin8; February 16th, 2010 at 02:16 AM.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Quills doesn't absorb damage, only returns it just like CoT...

I can't help but feel there was a little miscommunication there about what is defined as a 'damage shield'.
    Ice Barrier certain is a sheild against physical damage, but I'm under the impression that a 'damage shield' is generally accepted to be an ability that reflects damage, hence Ice Barrier is not a damage shield, and Glaring Quills is.
    Yes... You are arguing semantics. Internally though Ice Barrier was keyworded as a damage shield. Thats why it was conflicting with Quills. It'll be fixed with the next patch.

I know it's a bit late but:

I don't understand all the fuss about the huntress and mobs between Kion and Parsinia. Simply run along the beach and all you have to deal with are a few sand pygmies. All the other mobs aren't agressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    I know it's a bit late but:

I don't understand all the fuss about the huntress and mobs between Kion and Parsinia. Simply run along the beach and all you have to deal with are a few sand pygmies. All the other mobs aren't agressive.
    There was a big fuss when she was gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I ran an alt out to the Festival Crypt and it appears the spooky spiders and scary zombies aren't dropping any costumes this year. I know a couple years ago I found skeleton, female ghost, male ghost, female zombie, male zombie for each biped race plus a special zombie(biped) costume. For dragon it was ghost juvenile, adult, and ancient costumes.

This time it appears the only costumes are the biped mummy and dragon zombie ones sold by the vendor Alistair. Was this intended?

One other detail I noticed, the masks and dragon scales offered for sale by Jacques listed all for my biped in the usable column. I didn't run my dragon over to see if it said the biped masks were usable to dragon.

I was also wondering if there would be a Gnomekindle festival this winter?

Thanks,

Dracaena
    Order Shard
    I also found that the festival "pants" are missing off the vendor. <wants his pumpkin pants for the kitty... > Would have to check a different alt to see if all the masks are back. I can't remember them all.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Default The Satyr: The Machine of Inhibition

Uploaded a screen capture.

Stone of Revelry does not hit Inhibition for damage nor revelry.

I switched to talisman, that is in my inventory, and I start to hit with revelry with no damage.

I can upload the details of the club with the stone inserted if needed. I am only allowed one attachment per post.

~< Gengel >~
    Attached Images Attached Images

mmm Also found this oddness last night fighting spooky critters...

Target effect is... interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I started a new Hatchling , did all quests in NT but diddn't get the quest that directs me to Kion.
    The Trophy Hunter in Kion want's Giant Sand Beetle Eye's but they stopt to drop them.
    Instead they drop Tremendous Sand Beetle Carapace, (Hoard Value 25) and Tremendous SB Mandible , use for Tech ? nothing showed up.
    They drop very few Mettle (Killed about 20 , 5 Mettle 1 Mandible)
    The Town Marshal gives out quest to kill a lot of different mobs, but doesn't matter what you chose, he always wants Turquoise Golems.

This really su*k's, You apply a big patch, and one of the key parts for lvl'ing new chars doesn't work.

Sorry for my bad English.

Quote Originally Posted by zeguso View Post
    I started a new Hatchling , did all quests in NT but diddn't get the quest that directs me to Kion.
    Then you did not do all the quest in New Trismus, because Kerian specifically has a quest Kerian's Quest: Carry a Status Report to Gerix in Kion.

The Trophy Hunter in Kion want's Giant Sand Beetle Eye's but they stopt to drop them.

Instead they drop Tremendous Sand Beetle Carapace, (Hoard Value 25) and Tremendous SB Mandible , use for Tech ? nothing showed up.
    They drop very few Mettle (Killed about 20 , 5 Mettle 1 Mandible)
    This will be fixed with the next patch.

The Town Marshal gives out quest to kill a lot of different mobs, but doesn't matter what you chose, he always wants Turquoise Golems.
    You're only partly correct here, but you are right that some of those quests are bugged. It has already been reported and will be fixed with the next patch. The quests can still be completed by killing Turquoise golems until that patch is applied.
    Last edited by Velea; February 18th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

Originally Posted by zeguso
    Then you did not do all the quest in New Trismus, because Kerian specifically has a quest Kerian's Quest: Carry a Status Report to Gerix in Kion.

Do you mean that a dragon has to do all the other quests apart from the dragon quests before Kerian provides the pointer quest?

Simply completing the dragon quests is insufficient?

No. What I am saying is just what I said... the quest that the person is looking for exists.

I'm not sure what you mean by "simply completing the dragon quests", because Kerian's quests ARE dragon's quests.

I made 5 quest at Tut island, i made 8 Kerian's Quest, i meditated at the shrine in NT.
    I got the new breastplates, than Avariatus told me to visit the Kerian again. The Crafter Trainer told me to go out to the biped in the village and speak with them.
    I did this also, made the quest,s the Bipeds gave me.
    I got the emblem: Defender of NT.
    I made: The withered Bane.
    I made: Valor and Vigilance.
    I made: Jeremiah Truehearts Request.

What can i do more ?

It sounds like you are on your "Imitation" scale quests from that description.

Kerians Quest:Claw up the local spider
    Learn how to make:
    a better chestscale
    to soket a chestscale
    to tech a claw
    to craft a spell
    to tech a spell
    make a set of new claws
    prove your crafting skill

Prove your fighting skills
    Slap around some beetle with tail whipe
    Take care of the undead
    Learn about Helian faction,
    Learn about lunus faction.

Than i did the biped quests,

Questbook empty, Bipeds silent, dragons silent.

Thread Information