Thread: Biped schools - Strengths and Weaknesses

Default Biped schools - Strengths and Weaknesses

Hi all

While chaos is down I've started work on a guide for strengths and weaknesses for each biped school.

I've put in some bits that I can think of but I need help to add more.

Please have a look at the link below and let me know what you think should be added.

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/index.php?p=163

I play a dragon mainly so when it comes to bipeds my knowledge of each school is lacking somewhat.

Thanks
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default Re: Biped schools - Strengths and Weaknesses

If I'm not mistaken will conjurer get multicast IV

A really nice advantage for mage is fushion burn which changes all dmg into etheral dmg.

Mage weakspot is low 2h crush which means you only get 600 skill

Wizard will get a CoT version which can only be cast on self

I have a few suggestion to add to the Berserker and Reaver schools (the two main schools i use)

Berserker: arguably the best pure melee damage in the game, especially with Berserker Rage. The downside is the Rage Fatigue or whatever its called, which kicks in after Rage wears off. Still very powerful damage even when not using Rage.

Reaver: should probably mention the Ethereal Blade ability, considering they get it right away and its very powerful. Also a great damage class when multiclassed because it has access to more spells including Dark Cyclone, whereas berserker is limited to the revits, gifts, and raises.

just my 2 cents. hope it helps

hmm only thing i can think to add is

Spiritist has good AOEs that allows ones self to heal

Druid has epic spell dark cyclone

Mage has masterable multicast
    and also + 10 armor use
    and perfect spell
    and epic spell Shining blades

Reavers rock. Get access to nature spells, stuns and roots, and spirit spells. Ethereal blade is on a 2 minute timer and lasts 1 minute. For a melee toon Reaver or Paladin are the best. I mean Thunder cloud and shocking blast are the best stuns in game. I have wizard at 100 so i get 2 extra stuns. It's devastating! I also have dcom and ice tech so melee flury is awesome. I can kill a Lvl 100 dung pile in under a minute. thats 35000 hp's per minute of damage. Most games the caster is the higher dps, not in this one.

Druid has epic spell dark cyclone
    Reavers and Paladins can use this, added with a lvl 100 conjurer that's 2k damage with multicast.
    Last edited by Riaken; February 17th, 2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: after thought

Thanks, added bits suggested so far.

It seems to me that a guide might also be needed of how to multiclass a biped. IE which schools are best to level to get best abilities/skills.

Im trying with this guide to give the benefits and weaknesses for schools on their own. Multiclassing I might tackle later on.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Multi cast II is masterable at i believe level 84 conj!

Rangers and ELARs (and prolly scouts - not sure on that) have lightning arrows - which can stun. Rangers guardians (and I'm pretty sure Pallys) can use TC if you can get hold of it. Any archer class combining lightning arrows with a Demonflurry is going to have a good chance to stun their target into submission long before it can close on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuvi View Post
    Multi cast II is masterable at i believe level 84 conj!
    At level 90..
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Chasing,

It might be an idea to add on your guide which 3 schools you chould or should do to support playing that specific school.

Stating if the school is a good main school or if it's a support type school.

For example I play mage as main on LZ.

In my planning I'm taking Healer and knight of creation to 100 next to the 100 mage.

Healer so I have a higher survival rate and knight of creation mainly for bannish armor.

Ofcourse the nice advantages here are that I could join epic hunts as either mage or healer having my training points maxed on power and focus.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Healer, advantages of lots of heal spells.
    dis-advantage of 'getting the attention' of more mobs while training.Also you cant use all the heal spells unless your actually 'in' the healer school at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    Chasing,

It might be an idea to add on your guide which 3 schools you chould or should do to support playing that specific school.

Stating if the school is a good main school or if it's a support type school.

For example I play mage as main on LZ.

In my planning I'm taking Healer and knight of creation to 100 next to the 100 mage.

Healer so I have a higher survival rate and knight of creation mainly for bannish armor.

Ofcourse the nice advantages here are that I could join epic hunts as either mage or healer having my training points maxed on power and focus.

Yep good idea, ill add that when I get a chance
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Strengh of shaman is also 10 in nature, the same it is with wizard, gets 10 in power
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Strengh of shaman is also 10 in nature, the same it is with wizard, gets 10 in power
    Wizard also gets 11 energy

Druid is a support class (and not a very good pure one at that). Most mobs are actually resistant to nature (albeit not very much), with the exception of undead which are very mildly weak to it. Major strength is in CoT, roots and stuns and cleanse line which druid gets earlier than anyone else. Can also use all heal spells if life skill is available.

I see your page says that Paladins don't get max skill in anything. They get 10 points per level in one hand slash, two hand slash, and shield. They also get 9 points per level in Armor Use which is just barely enough to get over 910 when combined with level 20 warrior (required to take Paladin).

If I were to list a weakness for paladins it would be that they are severely lacking in ranged attacks. I believe they get exactly one that they can use without other classes: Mystic Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessedrian View Post
    I see your page says that Paladins don't get max skill in anything. They get 10 points per level in one hand slash, two hand slash, and shield. They also get 9 points per level in Armor Use which is just barely enough to get over 910 when combined with level 20 warrior (required to take Paladin).

If I were to list a weakness for paladins it would be that they are severely lacking in ranged attacks. I believe they get exactly one that they can use without other classes: Mystic Blaze.
    They have dispirit foe which helps them to pull. Keep in mind that the purpouse of Paladin is like a heavy armored mellee fighter / healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    They have dispirit foe which helps them to pull. Keep in mind that the purpouse of Paladin is like a heavy armored mellee fighter / healer.
    Dispirit Foe is a Cleric ability and is only mastered if you take Cleric to 18, 3 levels beyond what you need to become a Paladin. I assumed the page was about abilities and skills which are exclusive to what you would have at the minimum requirements for the class.

That said, I did switch back to Cleric and take those last three levels to get that ability before switching back to Paladin.

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Paladin
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Cleric

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

While warriors get crossbow, they do NOT get bow. They get no magical ranged capabilities.

Warriors backed up with both fitter and weaver have immensely more combat capability due to maxima in strength and dexterity.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Bloodmage.
    Advantages - Blood Bolt, Boil Blood, Concentrate Blood.
    Disadvantages - Everything else.
    Desperately needs improvement in - The Exsanguinate ability, and self damaging heals that other spirit classes can't use.(Else no reason to not play them over Bloodmage)

One of my favorite classes to play in ideals happens to be, IMO, one of the worst classes there is as the best thing BLDM gets is Blood Bolt. Essentially every other ability is a joke (Especially Exsanguinate). There's no reason to take Bloodmage if you intend on making another class primary with the lack of masterable skills, which is fine for me, but the stupid armor system pisses me off. BLDM gets +8 armor per level as well as +8 THC, so that means no t5 armor or staff unless you Multiclass. <- IMO this is the worst system about the game, as it essentially forces people to multiclass just so they can even have an average t5 character at the very least.

Essentially if you put Bloodmage next to Spiritist and chose based on usefullness, Spiritist wins hands down. What Bloodmage needs is a unique class only Self-Sac-like spell that can work separate from the normal Self Sac spell. They need more spells/abilities that have kicker damage (Essentially what hurts your character when you cast it, like -350 health to cast Self Sac V) because, well, that's the whole idea of a bloodmage.

Currently my main is a Bloodmage entirely for RP reasons, there's not too much combat use out of him. Not the best caster for damage, healing, or support, putting it as the kind of class where one tends to ask 'why play this when I can play Healer/Spiritist/Conjurer/Druid/Shaman/etc.' It's also one of those classes where you pretty much have to play as it in order to get anything from it (very little in masterable abilities) which is perfectly fine with me, if the class didn't completely and utterly suck. x3

Thread Information