Thread: Possible Death Point Bug

Default Possible Death Point Bug

I was leveling my little hatchling today (level 17 right now) and I died a couple of times because of other small faults (my game crashed once, got hit while gliding for another). In any case, I wanted to ask, are those under level 100 supposed to have 28 hour death timers?

This seems like a bug to me as the food for this level isn't really all that spectacular, even in a Large Tavern.

If this is intended then I am sorry... but this is also a really silly thing to change. New players die A LOT...I don't think they will want to sit at a tavern for hours, eating away their 10 death points! Please say this is an unintended bug... please.

Default Re: Possible Death Point Bug

To my knowledge only rating 100 and above characters get the 28 hr dp.

Is your hatchling perhaps 100 craft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Nope.. level 12 =/ That's why I think it's a bug xP And its not only me either. Some new players have been complaining about the length of death points ont he order server too.

To my knowledge no changes have been made regarding the length of death timers since they were implemented in 2007. So it should begin at 8 hours for Tier 1 and increase in 4 hour increments each tier.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Interesting... well now it's 12 hours which is right. I'll have to try another hatchling and see with that...

Just logged onto my T1 level 13 hatchling and it seems it's not 28 hours nor 8 hours but rather 10 hours, 37ish minutes (it took me around 2 minutes to actually have taken this screenshot, I kept forgetting to hold the mouse over the point so the timer could be seen). I might have gotten a strange bug on my other hatchling which showed the timer as being longer... something similar has happened before. (My dragon would have 0:00 time left on the point but it was still there it fixed itself on relog though)

Not sure if that's the correct timer for a T1 hatchling, but if it's supposed to be 8 hours, this is a bit too long =3 Image SHOULD be attached.

After a bit of thought, this incriment might make sence... a couple of minutes every level you gain...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sssargon; February 23rd, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Thread Information