Thread: Weapon tricking

Default Weapon tricking

hi there,

i tried weapon tricking a few times, but each time there is no preview for the weapon. i see the options for blade 1-3 or hilt 1-3, i can switch them, but i dont get a preview

any solutions? :/

Default Re: Weapon tricking

I don;t really have any answer for you, but did you wait a while? - I have often found that the picture takes a lot longer to load than the stats when looking at a piece of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    I don;t really have any answer for you, but did you wait a while? - I have often found that the picture takes a lot longer to load than the stats when looking at a piece of equipment.
    i have wait a few minutes - nothing happened

What also bites is that there used to be nice tricking options for staves, and they got removed a few years back and replaced with some different ones... I don't know why they couldnt just add some additional ones.

I can provide screenshots if devs need them to find the art assets or refresh their memory.

I think this discussion came up in Market channel some time back. Then it was discovered that view showing depended on your operating system and now I don't remember the particulars. (computer illiterate and can't remember that stuff for the life of me)

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I think this discussion came up in Market channel some time back. Then it was discovered that view showing depended on your operating system and now I don't remember the particulars. (computer illiterate and can't remember that stuff for the life of me)

Dracaena
    i thought, that i could be something like that. but i dont know what could i do. im running vista on my computer, but that should not be the problem, because other ppl with vista can see the preview.

at the moment i have to build all possible combinations of weapons and i have to to equip them, just to be able to see how do they look like. this is not funny :/

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    What also bites is that there used to be nice tricking options for staves, and they got removed a few years back and replaced with some different ones... I don't know why they couldnt just add some additional ones.

I can provide screenshots if devs need them to find the art assets or refresh their memory.

wouldn't mind seeing some screenies .. have on my personal ponylist making a bunch of new pole-arms and naginata type weapons .. that could easily be extended into staffs.

Will do. I'll try to snap some pics tonight after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleohais View Post
    hi there,

i tried weapon tricking a few times, but each time there is no preview for the weapon. i see the options for blade 1-3 or hilt 1-3, i can switch them, but i dont get a preview

any solutions? :/
    This happens on Windows7 - 64bit.

Today I made mistake of hitting create item button with this "no preview" screen up. Item was a triple T5 teched Yew Longbow. My 8 yew boards, 12 shining orbs and 2 ea of Yew Knots, Emerald Chips, Veteran Ribs, Giant Fire Mandibles, Grey Wings and Bloodsnout Snouts were consumed and feedback named item created - but no Yew weapon appeared in my inventory.

Those were customer's comps. Took another set of same from my comp stocks and successfully created customer's requested triple teched item.

I am submitting trouble ticket to see if Devs will replace the lost tech comps.

Meanwhile I urge players who do not see the preview in the blade and hilt options screen to carefully avoid leaving that screen up when hitting the "create" button - unless and until the Devs declare this to not cause a component loss problem.

Knossos

As update to post 9, above: The problem described for Yew Longbow does not prevail in the case of Maple Longbow. Perhaps this is a useful input.

Knossos

This is a bug, been around for at least a year. afaik its only the yew longbow.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

I owed you some screenies of the old tricked out staves:

<- this is a blighted staff but you could craft one like this. sort of a thin long spoonish shaped head on it.

There's also one with three prongs, sorta fork-like but the prongs kinda curved a bit, I can't find my old one.

Any chance these can get added back as choices?

Any chance the tricking windows' weapon preview could get fixed? It hasn't worked in some time. About the same time that linked weapons no longer showed the weapon in the description window.

I wanted to update everyone on the bug that Knossos experienced... the particular problem that he helped us to track down had nothing to do with the operating system one was using or if the preview was/was not available. The item itself was set up incorrectly in the database and was therefore never being created.

The Yew Longbow will be fixed with the next patch. If anyone knows of other weapons that are not created when you try to use the weapon customization options, please let us know, as it is likely that they are also set up improperly. We'll also try to run an audit process that can detect any such problems, but just to "double check" that the query matches with player experience, it's always good to have other examples.

I wanted to update everyone on the bug that Knossos experienced... the particular problem that he helped us to track down had nothing to do with the operating system one was using or if the preview was/was not available. The item itself was set up incorrectly in the database and was therefore never being created.

The Yew Longbow will be fixed with the next patch. If anyone knows of other weapons that are not created when you try to use the weapon customization options, please let us know, as it is likely that they are also set up improperly. We'll also try to run an audit process that can detect any such problems, but just to "double check" that the query matches with player experience, it's always good to have other examples.

Thank you Velea and I apologizze for not verifying that the problem prevailed for yew longbow teching when the options screen was up both on windows xp (where tricking previews are displayed) and on Windows 7 x64 (where only the blade/hilt select option graphics show and no images are presented). I trust that the various graphics visibility issues on windows 7 are in the category of known issues to the development team.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    I trust that the various graphics visibility issues on windows 7 are in the category of known issues to the development team.
    Honestly? I wouldn't trust that, no. I'm not seeing anything in our internal tracking system of issues which says to me "graphic issues for Windows 7 only"... though I could be missing something. Personally, were it me having the problem, I'd make sure that I provided as many specifics and examples as possible to the development team.

In addition to above described Windows 7 X64 graphics issue another was posted a while back in current bugs thread:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...0&postcount=81

These will be subject of a ticket i will file. Seems there might be another one but it does not come to mind at the moment.

I do not have a vista x64 or xp x64 system to check so it may be all x64 or perhaps only win 7 x64.

Knossos

Currently i did some testing.
    On mom laptop with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    ATI radeon mobilty 4100

I get weapon previews on item creation window and with linked weapons and tools

My main desktop pc
    Windows 7 professional 64 bit
    Radeon 4850 HD PCI-E

and i have no weapon previews or road sign like near kion are just a blank slab

Both laptop and desktop are fully up to date
    Last edited by starlight; February 1st, 2011 at 02:47 AM.

Thread Information