Thread: Subscription question

Default Subscription question

I used to have 3 active Gifted subscriptions, so I had the ability to have a bunch of characters, multiple logins, etc. (what can I say, I'm an alt-aholic).

If I only re-activate one subscription for now, will I have access to all of my characters that I had before? or only certain ones?

I'm interested in checking out the game again after an 18 month absence, but I don't feel ready to jump back in with 3 subs just yet

Default Re: Subscription question

I'm not the expert on this - but I imagine that you would be limited to the plots and characters that were assigned to each specific subscription.

I in no way see how it would be feasible or practical for the game to allow you access to ALL your characters with just one reactivated subscription.

So I'm thinking pick whichever account has your favorite characters/plot on it and reactivate that one . The rest would remain in lockup until you reactivate each subscription.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

But I don't recall every assigning a subscription to certain characters.

I had 1 "account" that I added 2 more subs to, then over time my character list grew.

Hmmm... this could get confusing

Blog Entries

Well, once you do it, let us know what happens so for future ref we all know. XD

Right now if you have a subscription on your account, you will have access to all characters on that account. The character limit is an "on your honor" limitation as it stands right now.

That is something that we will be working on fixing in the future, however, as it was always intended that you only have so many characters per account, and we have people who pay each month specifically for the extra character slots. It isn't "fair" to those who do pay to continue to allow those who don't have extra characters.

Well what I would do is ...sub one for a month. When you play that one for a week you will probably remember what other characters you had before.
    Just a thought

Thanks for the information Velea.

I will most likely end up playing full-time (knowing me) and will probably activate 2 or 3 subs again, but good to know that my chars will all be accessible when I start back up.

Next question... how's the easiest way to get re-installed? I have a .zip file of my last install burned to a CD, but there have been a lot of patches, and a new installer (I think) since then... would I be better off downloading the installer from here and starting from scratch? Or starting with the CD copy I have?

Well the full installer at http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/download doesn't take that long, and I'm assuming that it's (mostly?) up to date
    I just lost the game.

For the free human subscription if you accidentally added a dragon (cough cough) can you delete it before the account gets wiped or did I essentially screw it up already and have to create a different free human account(this time with only 1 character)

Thread Information