Thread: Cargo Disk to far away from the structure message after using storage chambers

Default Cargo Disk to far away from the structure message after using storage chambers

Sorry if this is already posted but there is a defect where you get the message "You are too far from the structure." when attempting to pickup your cargo disk even if you have it attached to you. The only way I have found to solve it so far is to log out then back in. The steps to reproduce it are not 100% at this moment as I am still looking at how to do it but, more like 3/4 of the time I can do it on the fly.

1. Log in as a dragon, dunno if bipeds have same issue.
    2. Go to your lair and run around opening your storage rooms with disc attached? until you have the issue with chamber not showing the items, due to delay?
    3. Unhook your disc, this part I don't exactly know the steps yet. maybe you need the disc parked before the first step.
    4. Try to grab disc, might get warning at this step. If not repeat but instead of picking up right away try porting then coming back and picking up?

Sorry to be so vague on these steps, I just have not pin pointed it down, however I can do it pretty much every gaming session when building my lair.

I use a Mithril-Marble Helian Cargo Disk, don't think it matters. and the storage chambers where T1 Helian again don't think it matters. Loading screen is set to TRUE from now on.

<P.S> Suggestion if you take them? How's about a table list for known issues instead of a running thread? only asking as it makes it harder to search as some people use different terms at times.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Default Re: Cargo Disk to far away from the structure message after using storage chambers

Every time I have encountered this bug, it was happening when I clicked-and-dragged the disk to my inventory. I've never had this issue reoccur ever since I got into the habit of right-click-unequipping my disk. So give that a try if you haven't already.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Cargo Disk to far away from the structure message after using storage chambers

I have had that issue from time to time for several years, so it's an old thing.
    Not even bothered by it anymore since I know how to deal with it.

Don't relog!

Just move one item in your inventory one grid (or how many you want), but main point is to move something around in your inventory.

Then haul in the disk.

If it is what I have had happening a lot to me, that is the way to deal with it.

/Irra

Well its very good to hear its reproducible but dealing with it for new players would be most beneficial as not everyone knows about these 'defects' and the ways to "work around" them.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Thread Information