Thread: recent map of Istaria?

Default recent map of Istaria?

Does anyone know where I can find a (recent) map of Istaria? I've been looking all over the wiki but can't find one, and I've been curious to know what it looks like.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Default Re: recent map of Istaria?

The default map that comes with the game and that you can view while playing got updated within the last month or two
    I just lost the game.

Oh yeah! lol, I'd forgotten about that one.

thanks

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

I'd be interested in a printed version if there was one. Which leads me to ask can the one in game be copied and printed somehow? I wouldn't mind having one stuck on my wall.

The map pack is in chunks within the horizons directory. So you could combine all the chunks into a full map.

Other way would be to open the map fullscreen ingame, scroll all the way out and take a screenshot and paste into MS Paint.

Also the game map is only the low res version. I havent seen a high res version of the new map yet.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    The default map that comes with the game and that you can view while playing got updated within the last month or two
    Errr.

The In-Game map hasn't been updated since before the Kwellen Were Added Just East of the Spiritous Swamp, and that was several months before the EI takeover.

How do I know this? Simple, bring up the map and scroll over to where the Spiritous Swamp is. See that brown area with the road? That's pure black blighted land, but you wouldn't know it, unless you went there yourself.

while that spot may not be blackened, much of the land has been updated, including the shoreline changes on the south of the peninsula and all the area around delgarath.

I just did that, Dhalin, and it is current.
    I just lost the game.

i wonder if you have to wander the area to update it?

Note that MapPack 3.5 and t2 revamp markers for it are built on old map not new one,

Knossos

Hmmm, maybe that was before I removed that mappack....

I don't remember; it has been some time since I've been able to get into the game. I know for a Long time it had gone unchanged, maybe they finally did it? lol.

Either way, if it is changed, that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    The map pack is in chunks within the horizons directory. So you could combine all the chunks into a full map.

Other way would be to open the map fullscreen ingame, scroll all the way out and take a screenshot and paste into MS Paint.

Also the game map is only the low res version. I havent seen a high res version of the new map yet.
    Hey Chasing. Off hand do you happen know which Istaria game folder/file the maps are located in? I was looking for them today and couldn't locate them. Not even sure what their file is called. Didn't see anything that could be construed as a map anyway. if you know could you post it please? Thanks.

<istaria_install_folder>\resources\interface\map s\
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon. Found them in my W7 O/S under C:\Program Files (x86) --> Istaria --> Resources --> Interface --> Maps

Thread Information