Thread: [Closed] "Knowledge of Lairs" quest bug

Default [Closed] "Knowledge of Lairs" quest bug

Hit an unusual situation that might need looking at.

My new dragon hatchie hit level 21 in the Crafting school and got offered a new quest by the Dragon Crafting Trainer. At that time my gemworking skill was only 168.

The quest was "Knowledge of Lairs" and sends the hatchie out to see the lairshaping trainer. The lairshaping trainer has you make 3 batches of lairshaping submaterials then is supposed to put you in the Lairshaping school so you can continue with the quest. But since that school requires a 170 gemworking score, I did not get put in the school. The Crystalshaper trainer then gave me a formula I couldn't scribe.

I went out and leveled my crafting up and went back, but there were no options to enter the lairshaping school from either the LS or the CS trainer, and I still couldn't scribe the azulyte crystal formula the CS trainer had given me because it required a crystalshaping score of at least 1, which I didn't have as I never got put in the lairshaper school.

Long story short (too late ) I had to dump the quest and redo it from the beginning.

Would it be possible to put a check on the initial quest and not have it offered until the hatchie has at least a 170 gemworking score?

Default Re: "Knowledge of Lairs" quest bug

Ok, gonna bump this (sorry), but I really think this needs to be fixed.

Another two dragons got this problem on Blight recently and it's majorly annoying.

What happens is the Crafting trainer gives the quest based on you hitting level 20. But at that level, your gemworking score is not 170, which is the required level for joining the lairshaping school.

So you go off to do the quest, given to you by the Crafting trainer and after you've run around making materials for a while, Restalroth (sp?) attempts to put you in the lairshaping school and fails, but you get no message of any kind that I could see. You then get sent to the Crystalshaping trainer and get a formula that you can't scribe, since you are not in the lairshaping school. At that point, you can go ahead and level your crafting up, but there is still no way to join the lairshaping school until you have completed the quest that you can't complete. You have to re-start the "knowledge of lairs" quest from the beginning which is back with the Crafting trainer and it means you have to do all that material combining again.

Can the original quest check be done on the player's base gemworking score? And not their level? This would eliminate the confusion I think.

Default Re: "Knowledge of Lairs" quest bug

The quest DOES currently check your Gemworking. And it is set to 170. It is this way on all shards.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you had techniqued gear on that boosted your gemworking skill and then removed it at some point?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information