Thread: Drulkar's Wrath Animation

Default Drulkar's Wrath Animation

I completed the (ridiculously) long quest to get Drulkar's Wrath a little while back and since then I hav noticed something, whenever I or anyone else casts it I get no animations, casting or otherwise.

Anyone got any ideas as to what may cause this or how to fix it?, from what I hear the effect is rather spectacular and I want to see it.

Default Re: Drulkar's Wrath Animation

Sounds like you have the old "Original Ancient" mod installed which contains one file for spellcasting animations. To fix you can either reinstall the newer build of the mod (first delete the old one), or just delete the dragon_u_anim_magic.def file from the resources_override folder.

That file had a better default spellcasting animation, and so I included it in the mod. But it has since been updated and now includes new animations for Drulkar's Wrath that all came out afterwards.

You can download the new version from the stickied post in the Dragon section of the forum.

If you are like most dragons, my guess is that you have downloaded a mod in the past. And one of these mods in your resource override folder is probably causing the issue because it is out of date.
    I am not 100% sure but see if you can find a file called "dragon_u_anim_magic" and make sure it has the following line:

Code:
    		//h2h_magic_drulkarswrath_prepare
    		{
    			string name = "h2h_magic_drulkarswrath_prepare"
    			float easeInTime = 0.0
    			float easeOutTime = 0.0
    			TAnimation list animList = 
    			{
    				{
    					string name = "dragon_u_drulkarswrath_prepare_n_n.gr2"
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		//h2h_magic_drulkarswrath_hold
    		{
    			string name = "h2h_magic_drulkarswrath_hold"
    			float easeInTime = 0.0
    			float easeOutTime = 0.0
    			bool loop = true
    			{
    				{
    					string name = "dragon_u_drulkarswrath_hold_n_n.gr2"
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		//h2h_magic_drulkarswrath_release
    		{
    			string name = "h2h_magic_drulkarswrath_release"
    			float easeInTime = 0.0
    			float easeOutTime = 0.2
    			{
    				{
    					string name = "dragon_u_drulkarswrath_release_n_n.gr2"
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}			
    }
    I found in the past that there might be more than one mod out there that has this file modified for one reason or another. So you might end up having multiples of the same file in your override folder, especially if you like to heavily modify your game. My suggestion is running a "search" on your resource override to make sure you only have one and add in the changes if needed.
    As always make sure to save a copy of the file before making changes should something go wrong so you'll always have the original.
    Hope this helps.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Aha, thank's guys, that's got it working, it's better than I expected.

Sorry to dredge this old topic up but I have tried many things to make the Drulkar's Animation work on my computer. I've found the code that Xanthia has listed above and it matches what I have.

I have the following mods:
    Original Ancient Size
    White teeth and horns
    Emote pack
    Map Pack
    and Solitare's 'sitting' mod for dragons.

Am I SOL? Do I need to choose between the mods and the Wrath Animation?

Thanks kindly for your help.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

As far as I remember, Guaran's Ancient Size installer also has a modification of Dragons' magic animations that brings the same animation as in the beta of Horizons. But since, this animation has became official again.
    Locate the dragon_u_anim_magic.def file in your resources_override folder and delete it. You should have Drulkar's Wrath animation available after this.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information