Thread: Tiles and walkways and others

Default Tiles and walkways and others

Being the mad crafter i am i still thinkthat they need to add to the tile and walkways buildables
    as a prime example take the 3x3 red tile and cut it in half length wise so its a 1.5 by 3 so we can fit them into tight places and really make the plots look even nicer.
    while we are in a wishing frame of mind lets add some dyes/paint for silos so we can get some variation. I know a zillion years ago it was on a possible to do list but a girl can hope cant she ?
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Tiles and walkways and others

The smaller paving stones should be easy to accomplish. Biggest hassle is just looking up the original raw files they were sourced from so that I can match new to old. I'll write myself up a ticket on it.

Painting silos (and other buildings for that matter) are still on the pony list. We had some internal discussion on how to accomplish it but it got shoved to the back burner in favor of some other issues that had a larger priority.

Thumbs up Re: Tiles and walkways and others

OMG PAINT! YES YES YES!! if there ever was a way to get the dev's attention PAINT! Gets on his grimy little dwarven knees PLEASE oh please Lemme paint my buildings! This would be a GREAT idea!

Talking Re: Tiles and walkways and others

I could also go for some plot painting! But then I also believe that whoever came up with the reqs for some of the earlier structures we still use (dwarven houses, hedges. (old)guildhouse to name a few) is a pure sadist and needs to be beaten over the head with a sandstone slab repeatadly.

Muslyx

Default Buildings On Tile Flooring?

Hello everyone!

I had just recently purchased a plot (and a subscription) to this game, and I was designing my first plot. I had come up with what I believe is an interesting design involving the 9x9 and 3x9 colored tile flooring, but I am told that it is impossible to build buildings (such as an Essence Shaper, Library, Gazebo, etc, etc) on top of them. Is this true?

Default Re: Buildings On Tile Flooring?

Yes this is true. No matter what you place in the space, you cannot build another item on top of itself. You would need to build around it as the buildings do not stack.
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

This is unfortunate. Do you know if there are any plans to change this? It seems counterintuitive to have flooring and... not be able to put anything on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remliel View Post
    This is unfortunate. Do you know if there are any plans to change this? It seems counterintuitive to have flooring and... not be able to put anything on top of it.
    Think of the difference in strength between a concrete sidewalk and a concrete slab used as a house foundation.

That said, it would be nice if building a building on flooring replaced the flooring automatically. The question would be whether it could handle partially dug up flooring squares (doubtful, although there was a dev response recently agreeing in principle with the idea of having 1x3 paving units).
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Yes actually you can, I managed to get tiles under a couple buildings, a tavern and a guild hall. I don't have screenshots but managed to do it on Guild: Haven for two buildings.
    Shiarla Deneath | Veeka Sarahnk | Tryll Fallenleaf

A Fantasy MMORPG Parody

Thread Information