Thread: Guild: Plots - You got them?

Blog Entries

Default Guild: Plots - You got them?

This actually has begun to irritate me and the worst part there is little I can do about it. Yesterday I spent a good 5 hours flying about Istaria in assist to help some my guild mates locate some land, because some picked up the guild land we originally had planned to get for our guild(and thus for the RP tavern to be built on).
    We had some interesting requirements because of not only the RP Tavern but because we had a few dragons, this meant finding a location with nice size plots, a good location so people can look out from, and lairs.
    Close to a pad as well, so those visiting us at the Tavern to RP at had ease access to it and didn't have to hike long.

However, sad fact is, while I flew around trying to locate a new area I was struck with a realization:

About EVERY SINGLE GUILD AREA had one person on it, probably wasn't in a guild, and decided, "Hey, I can be all by myself out here, lets buy this so I can have a massive plot of land all by myself!"

This really irritates me, because the land is meant for guilds, not for single owners who just want to get away from the rest of the civilization. It is wrong!
    However, I also realize that hey, they pay for the game so they can as they please, so even though I see it as bad form, guess what-- hehe--
    There isn't much that can be done about it!

I guess the other part that grinds on me, is because these single owners are also sitting on land that has 3-5 lairs, good deal of plots and I had to tell the owners of the guild, "Sorry, but I can't find this, this, and this. Yet I know we need, this this and this." Its hard to explain this, its even harder when they are rather new to the game, have come to enjoy it, but see such things as this and even saying to me: "Such things like this shouldn't be allowed." and all I could do is shrug my shoulders and go, "There isn't much we can do.. I'm sorry.."

So in order to keep cooler heads, I told them I handle it, so here I am--
    Handling it, by raving and flailing my arms. Another thing I hate doing.

But Damnit all, this is not good. Its bad form, and guilds need that land so they can build things.

So, this means now, if I can't find a plot of land for the guild, we will have to split up the gold between all of us and get some nice size land and that means when new players join us, will just have to go: "Sorry. We couldn't get guild land because some players decided that wanted it for their own sorry selves so they could be alone in privacy and cutting out guilds for a chance of some decent land."

-- FIN --

Default Re: Guild: Plots - You got them?

Awwww

http://bristugo.com/freeplotsgmap

There's still a number of guild plots that have a dragon lair or two. I see one of them as prime real estate.
    That being said, yes I see where you are coming from because there's times I do this too, where I fly around the world and see only the master plot taken, sometimes with nothing on it even!

It would be a different story if there was a way to contact these people and say 'Hey, can I join whatever guild you have so we can use the other plots you're not using.' but if nobody has ever seen these characters (some alts don't ever see the light of day) there's no way to know what guild owns it.

The only thing I can think of is file a ticket with the plot Id# of the master plot and ask what guild owns it so you can start looking for these people.

That being said, some of those probably were very successful guilds in their time that for some reason or another died out. It's not fair to demand that someone move because their guild is inactive. I refuse to rebuild 20% of my plot.

Please do not file a ticket... You will be told what we tell everyone who files a ticket asking for information about someone's character other than your own.. We can not tell you information about any characters but the ones associated with your account.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Awwww

http://bristugo.com/freeplotsgmap

There's still a number of guild plots that have a dragon lair or two. I see one of them as prime real estate.
    That being said, yes I see where you are coming from because there's times I do this too, where I fly around the world and see only the master plot taken, sometimes with nothing on it even!

It would be a different story if there was a way to contact these people and say 'Hey, can I join whatever guild you have so we can use the other plots you're not using.' but if nobody has ever seen these characters (some alts don't ever see the light of day) there's no way to know what guild owns it.

The only thing I can think of is file a ticket with the plot Id# of the master plot and ask what guild owns it so you can start looking for these people.

That being said, some of those probably were very successful guilds in their time that for some reason or another died out. It's not fair to demand that someone move because their guild is inactive. I refuse to rebuild 20% of my plot.
    It isn't the matter of me needing the guild, its the matter that they want the land for their guild.
    I have my own lair so I'm kinda, "I'm not needing anything, but if the guild is designed for (A) you are gonna need this."

I sadly also can't get the Bristigo's map thing to work for me, I've tried, it wont go, haha.

The other thing is, the guild is an RP one, so I can't ask them nor will I, to merge with another guild that probably doesn't even stand for what the guild is standing for it wrong.

I also have no plans to support a ticket, never would, since I know(even though I hate it), they have the right to sit on it if they want too.
    If they don't mind being jerks and what not. :/

However, people are people, so I guess that is all that can be said.

Yea odds are the "Single" person was once in a guild that has gone by the wayside, or is still in a guild that just has lost many members. And while it would be more - sandup-ish - to vacate their guild plot if they find themselves in that situation; some players are hesistant to do that because the guild - not them - paid for said plot. And for them to decide to drop it may make them feel like they're backstabbing or losing what their guild worked so hard for to begin with.

I'm not saying either is right/wrong or what decision I would make if I was in that spot. But I rarely expect that it was just one person who decided they wanted a guild plot and then ddin't use it for anything and just sat on it "just cuz"... there are always reasons.

And if they are still an active account, the land can't be returned. Now if the owner stopped payment - then you'd find the plot open up in a few months..heh.

But yea that's one of the reasons KCE never had a guild-plot. We needed "dragon guild" plots, which were only to be found on Drakul. Drakul is so out of the way noone wanted to spend guild money to setup a full-guild-plot out there. So the members just decided to build on their own with the hopes that perhaps one day there would be more dragon-exclusive-guild-plots out there in the main world.

Course that never happened, and we're defunct now anyway.

I understand your frustration - keep looking - perhaps there is something out there you've just not seen yet!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Well, what are you looking for in your plot? There's plenty of places in Istaria, that while they are not guild, are for the most part unoccupied land.

Places like Frost watch; the SE portions of SI; outlying sections of Dralk;
    Valley of Repose has 3 lairs+ biped plots nearby;
    Brandon's Shelf has 5 lairs and 3 or 4 100x100 biped plots;
    Dikina has 22 biped plots and 3 lairs.

If there is no guild area, make one up.

The search also gave me 14 guild master plots that are uninhabited to choose from.

as Shian stated, there are many guild communities available. I understand you cannot get the site to work so here's the info:

Penza, North Balazar & Manta - all a quick run from the Manta pad
    Haven & Imago - i believe there's a pad to Haven for quick access
    Padraig, Sil and Amon are also avail (not sure on the closest landing pads"

Those are on the T5 island

The T4/T3 island has available:

Grandi, Clio and Cameron, and Surin. Surin has a landing pad as well as a portal.

If your main concern is keeping the guild together, many communities have multiple plots available that could accomodate a mid-size guild.

Pretty much any "town" on scorpion island. Selen which has both landing and portal has many spots available. the list goes on and on

Hope this helps
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Reading this over, I had been looking at this earlier on order. I know the scions are a big bustling guild, and we have a lot of dragons... I wanted to look around and see if there was a town with additional dragon lairs in it, or a dragon guild town, but no such luck. Seems many of the master plots within the guild towns have been sucked right up, with nothing built on any of the other plots...

It is a double edged sword I guess. Can't just kick someone off their plot, but on the flip side they're making a handful of plots unusable to others.

There's only four dragon guild towns that I know of.

Ker'tis(10), Aedan(5), Serenity(5) and Kir'ignat(7)

Four dragon guild towns in all of Istaria when there's a large % of dragon players. Yeah, that's promising

Yewn is the only other guild town I saw that has more than 3 lairs.

The only other places with a good number of lairs are in spots of Trandalar no sane dragon builder would live as they're too far from any portal. Or in East/NorthEast Drakul.

The idea of the Ancient only lairs on the top of Drakul was a good idea, but they're too small to place any structure bigger than a 2x2.

I'm probably blind, but I didn't see which server you said your guild was on, but since you said it was a RP guild I'm guessing it is Order. With that in mind, looking at the map Shian gave a link to, then the best mixed plot & lair guild community available is Grandli with 2 lairs. It is next to Tavu and that has a portal and pad. And if you follow the coast further eastward you get to Carmo.
    Carmo has a pad in from Bristugo, Last Stand, Mahagra, & some other places and all the biped workshops at expert level with some public silos & 2 vaults to help you get started with your building of your community. It also has public huts on the workshop plots and a public Saris General Store. When your guildmates need some downtime from their building projects at Grandli there is also a public Large Gambling Hall, a public Large Tavern, a public T6 Pawnbroker, 2 mazes, a chessboard plaza at the main guild hall for live chess games, and mackeral fishing.

If the few available Guild communities don't fit your guild's needs, then several regular communities might. Here's what I found on that map that has at least 2 lairs with plots:

On Genevia Island
    1. Copperton has 2 lairs and a pad with Sandstone Bluffs next to it with a lair and a pad.
    2. Istaria's loom has 2 lairs and a pad.

Scorpion Island
    1. Scorpion's Claw has 4 lairs and a pad.
    2. Scorpion Bay has 4 lairs and a pad.
    3. Bridgehold has 3 lairs and a pad.
    4. Mambow Point has 2 lairs and a pad.

On Lesser Aradoth
    1. Upper & Lower Bridgeview has 2 lairs. (not sure if it has a pad)
    2. Kion North & Kion Shore has 2 lairs and is next to Kion.
    3. North Parsinia has 2 lairs and isn't far from Parsinia.
    4. Parsinia has 2 lairs and has portal, pad, & NPCs.

Aradoth (mainland)
    1. An interesting mix would be the 3 lairs in Pleasant Canyon with the 2 lairs, 5 plots & a pad in Heart/Lower Heart.
    2. Istaria's Union has 2 lairs and isn't too far from Bristugo.
    3. Another would be the 2 lairs & plots in Frostwatch & the lair, plots, & a pad across the valley at Granite Hills.
    4. Snowfall has 2 lairs and is near to Mahagra.
    5. North Mahagra has 3 plots & a lair and nearby Glaciers has 2 lairs and both are near to Mahagra.
    6. Harton Valley has 2 lairs with portal & pad.
    7. Morning Light has 2 lairs and portal & pad.
    8. Falathian has 2 lairs and portal & pad. (Ok, it is on an island right next to Morning Light)
    9. Harro has 6 lairs and portal & pad.
    10. Old Oaks has 2 lairs.
    11. Forest Guard has 2 lairs and a pad.

Dikainia Island
    1. Lerena has 2 lairs and portal & pad.
    2. Mia's Edge has 2 lairs and pad. (add in Greyling for another lair & more plots)
    3. Dikainia has 3 lairs and portal & pad.

Trandalar
    1. Brandon's Shelf has 5 lairs and portal & pad.
    2. Valley of Repose has 3 lairs and portal & pad.

I hope this helps a little in your quest to find a nice home for your guild.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton of Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Blog Entries

Well, the situation was already handled about-- like yesterday or so.
    We kinda put our head together and bought up a few plots of guild land that made the same number that was in Baker.

So in the end, we did make it work.

And I know what you mean Rea, admittedly at that time I was frustrated and livid when I wrote this post.
    Cooler heads prevailed and I realized how we could make things work.

So-- it was just that, a rant and I'm kinda done now.

Like many things here.. it for venting out frustration and sometimes not of great important when you look at something from another angle.

Aedan happens to be owned by my guild.. and boasts a massive, massive lair which has so much work done on it it's dizzying. That said, The Old Code has become a very small guild, and the guy who founded it isn't even around anymore. I think the main issue of the place is that it's highly secluded, and is difficult to bring resources to... so I guess nobody wants to build there anyway.

I'm all for letting the active players have plots and lairs, but I do wonder as to the mechanics of some of it. For example, taking away lairs/plots when a player becomes inactive seems like an incentive not to come back. Sure, if people want to buy the plot that's different, but if it's going up for grabs just because you can't pay, you lose a LOT of time and effort for the off chance that somebody could want that land. Somebody, may I add, who will probably disappear after a while too, as Istaria players seem to come and go like the tides of the moon XD

But regardless, it's good that this issue got sorted out ok.

Thread Information