Thread: Ice-bone splinter not dropping?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Ice-bone splinter not dropping?

The problem is, that no matter how many skellies i ransack in the western deadlands, they just won't drop the Ice-bone splinter needed for the Ice Breath quest. I even went with my friend and crushed over 50 and still no drop

Is this quest currently bugged or something? help? :\

~Racktor

Default Re: Ice-bone splinter not dropping?

I just completed that... last week? It's... not a loot item, it gets automatically placed in your inventory like the ghostly dragon eye, then stolen by the trainer who sends you a tell (?)

Try going to go talk to the trainer. Perhaps you unwittingly completed it?

It didn't work, the trainer keeps going on with his default text there. :\ and i still have the quest in my quest log :|

this quest will ruin our nerves until twilight of the gods^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Yes, I too have been trying to get the splinter to drop from the mobs.

Hasn't happened yet. I gave up a few weeks ago, just got tired of it. Since the drop is on pause, so is the bone essence and Algedian silver (since I don' twant ot have to go the satyr isles until I absolutely have to lol).

This bites.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

The splinters are always a trial of patience. I had the energy splinter to find this past summer. It took me literally weeks before I finally found it. I talked to friends who found it much more quickly. It is incredibly random how your luck runs in finding the splinter. Think I sold about 100 skeleton skull comps on the connie I picked up looking for the darn thing.

Good luck,

Dracaena

The good news is you don't have to go to the saytr isles anymore. In the refugee camp in Feledan is an npc that will sell you the forms and raw resources.

Oh really??!! OMG! YEA! I have the form from way back when needing it for other things..

Its the Algedian silver I was dreading. OMG THANK YOU!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    The splinters are always a trial of patience. I had the energy splinter to find this past summer. It took me literally weeks before I finally found it. I talked to friends who found it much more quickly. It is incredibly random how your luck runs in finding the splinter. Think I sold about 100 skeleton skull comps on the connie I picked up looking for the darn thing.

Good luck,

Dracaena
    True, but i'l keep looking. I got the energy one from a friend who happened to have it. The ice-bone is pure ebil. >.>

Anyways, thanks all for replying. It seems it's just annoying with the fact it never drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Oh really??!! OMG! YEA! I have the form from way back when needing it for other things..

Its the Algedian silver I was dreading. OMG THANK YOU!
    It's 250c per ore, and cost me 5s for 20 for the 10 bars. I'm just going to the satyr islands to see how much the ore sells on him xD

There is no ore and he wont take anything back that you buy. (accidentally bought 9 forms...)

ok I'm confused - what resources does he sell then?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Sorry, meant to say there is no ore on the islands XD So there's no point in looking.

I had this problem after killing hundreds and hundreds. It turns out if you have an ice bone splinter in your inventory anywhere (which I did, having looted one from the energy-bone quest) a new one will not 'drop' and your quest will never update. I didn't know this and it never occurred to me, for over a month and a half, and was extremely frustrated; however when I submitted a ticket I was told it was working as intended. So, please do check to make sure you don't have any bone splinters in your inventory!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I just completed this quest a few days ago. The Ice-Bone Splinter dropped on about the 10th skele I killed. Maybe try dropping the quest then start it again.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Sorry, meant to say there is no ore on the islands XD So there's no point in looking.
    Oh wow then I'm REALLY glad you told me this! I had no idea I would have flown out, gotten a few DPs and then ranted to heck and back that there was no ore!

Wish that quest gave some clues...*whistles*

(and yea actually I'll drop it and grab it again see if it helps - might as well!)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

As it seems, i had to restart my quest:

^^

thanks for replying,all.

and i'm glad that i didn't go to the satyr isles then o.o;

The Satyr Isles are awesome looking, but crazy hard. I hear even ancient dragons fear to tread there...

Thread Information