Thread: question about patches

Default question about patches

I feel kind of silly asking this, but here goes. Do the patches only update the Blight shard? Or do they change the Chaos and Order shards as well? Those two recent Blight Delta patches, for example. Did they only make changes to Blight? Or did they effect the other shards too? I ask because my character is on the Chaos shard, and I was wondering about that.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Default Re: question about patches

When it says updated to Blight shard then its ONLY Blight Shard. As its been sent up for testing by us.

You'll know when Blight Shards go live to Chaos and Order - the patch notes will say that directly. Right now they are just on Blight. Often times they push multiple patches off Blight to Live, once they know they're all working together.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Most games do the same thing. They have one server for testing changes that they plan to add to the rest of the game. This allows the devs to (usually) discover, contain, and fix any potential issues without screwing up the whole game.

Blog Entries

Yep. Blight is our Test Server. All the wonderful juicy and tastey things that could be the future for the live servers go there.

If you wanna help out (which I should eventually get me a character copied there), you can have a character copied to Blight or make a new guy and get a chance to experience the new things planned and most importantly, help track down the evil bugs to be smashed!

So that everyone on the live servers wont have to later go, "Amon~ We find a problem, help.. ; ;"

Thread Information