Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New concept art

Default Re: New concept art

Love the Ped armor i would only use that shade if and when it makes to live

about dragons

Dose that mean scales will finally be visible ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Dose that mean scales will finally be visible ?
    No - what it means is that most dragons use one of only a couple of the possible dragon chest scale patterns .. we were playing with the concept of introducing some new ones to give some more variety.

Blog Entries

I love the Bipedal gear and I really, really love the scales.
    They are so shiney!

Are these just some tasteful sins to as what we expect to come and how long will we need to wait for them?
    And even a bigger question is--

As for new dragon chest scales, will there be an option for older players to be able to select new chest scales or will we have to make a new character in order to be able to use the new chest scales?
    If that question makes any sense. >_o

Woow! Nice work Val

Hope those will end up ingame soon, would give the game a seriously needed facelift.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Yes, I am worrying along the same lines as Neva. What if your character slots are maxed but you want a dragon with new chest scale pattern? I do hope there would be a way for a one-time change type thing.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

I think it would have been more interesting to do visible scales.

Ooh pretty sword..*nods*

And yea, I hvae a feeling these are new chest scales only for new dragons. I"ve asked for years and years to have the option to change once the dragon is 'live' to no avail - offering up suggestion after suggestion of one time options, money sinking options, whatever - to change the look of your dragon after creation (esp. for us oldies who never had the new heads for an option either lol).

No dice.

So, call me bitter, but I bet this will be for "newly made dragons" only. *sigh*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Agreed.

While they do look excellent, and I'm excited to finally see some more options for dragons, I would hope the older players would have a customization option. If it matters, I would definitely even pay for it.

Just my two cents.

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

The new biped amor and dragon chest scales look very spiffy, I am curious how they will look applied to the models.

But yeah I doubt that the older players can get them on their dragons except rolling a new one, was the same with the new heads, so will probably be the same with the new chest scales.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

http://firedragoness.deviantart.com/...ation-74213672
    Making new textures but still haven't gotten around to releasing more tints?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire
    I think it would have been more interesting to do visible scales.
    I have to make changes to the dragon models before we can make good looking visible items on dragons. But I have to tread carefully because the changes that need to be made will cause visible changes to how all dragons appear regardless if they are wearing something or not. To do it properly will mean your dragon will look different in some areas and I don't take doing that lightly. I know I would be ticked off if someone mucked around with my characters without my input. Especially if I did not like the resulting look.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara
    Making new textures but still haven't gotten around to releasing more tints?
    Creating new tints is one of my projects that is on tap. I've talked with Val about new tints and we have experimented with it a little. We have tried using some "dragon" tints that are in the game files but they don't work all that well, though I did get one very black dragon and one that was flaming orange/red that looked kinda neat.

On my personal play time, I have been slowly working on other things. You can get a preview of one in the attached image. It is not an official project yet but once I get all 27 head models that I need fit on the model (3 level of detail models for each design) then I'll make it more official. No ETA on it because I do this kind of work on my laptop laying in bed before I go to sleep. I'm kind of surprised that nobody noticed a test version I mistakenly had in a screen shot I posted a month ago. It was a top down view but the fins were plainly visible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I understand, Solitaire. It isn't always easy.

This is just an example of how much things get distorted on a dragon. Yes, that is a dragon wearing a shirt. It was an early experiment to test that I had the process right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile Re: New concept art

- IC on - I want a tee-shirt!! - IC off -

GAH! Adorable!

<3 for Sol~ :]

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Sorry if I sounded ungrateful earlier. You and Valornyx do great work!

It's just frustrating how the request for new dragon colours has, until this day, been completely ignored. Even in the face of screenshot evidence that they exist and work, it was not explained why such a simple and desirable thing (we got bubblegum freakin' pink but never brown?) was not implemented. I still have a question, though: in what way do they not "work all that well"?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Not ignored, just difficult to get to with other things that need done.

They don't work that well because you end up with some really....odd....color combinations. Psychedelic in some instances. On a bad trip. It would make that pink look like the best color we have.

I've had psychedelic deer before...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thanks for the explanation, Solitaire. That is what has been missing. By "ignored", I meant that it was never verbally addressed. Even a simple "no" or "maybe" is far less dissatisfying than silence.

Thread Information