Thread: I hate losing notes...

Default I hate losing notes...

So I can't seem to find the notebook where I had a lot of information written down, especially, where to find what, as far as Crafting goes.

I wasn't very successful finding this stuff in the Wiki, so I'm going to ask here, as lots of times I either get silence, or, people don't seem to know when I ask in-game.

These are mainly questions about crafting, materials, and machines (unguarded of course)...

I know that each of the servers have their own communities and player-made plots (I'm on Order), but the public machines should all be the same, I'm assuming. Some of the things I need to know:

T4 Jewels. I know there's a field north of Dralk, but very strangely, that lair does _not_ have a gemcutter that I could find. Surely the devs didn't mean for us to drag a disk from that area, clear down to Dralk? That's a 10+ minute walk with a disk in tow.

Platinum. I know there's a field not too far from the RoP NPC south of Dralk, and there's also a smelter down there. Problem is, said smelter does not have an anvil that I could see, and beetles like to wander pretty close to that anvil, and I'm not sure if a biped could get down there safely or not.

Marble. I've read conflicting stories, I could have sworn someone said there was an unguarded marble area, with machines, but I also thought I heard that there wasn't.

Cobalt. The only 2 cobalt areas I know of are North of Dralk (this one is not very good by any means, due to there only being 2 nickel veins that are linked to some other field miles away) and one of those snowy areas, Trandalar IIRC. From what I could see, the same problem persisted there too. Lots and lots of cobalt, but not enough nickel to go around. Or was it the other way around? I forget. Surely there's a better place to work this stuff than that?

Mithril. Someone told me once where to find this stuff, but I can't remember it. Some kind of area near the ED I think? Imperial outpost thingy or something? I forget. I know there's some unguarded that a dragon can get to, and drag to a smelter, but that doesn't help a biped any.

I really wish I could remember the name of that "new" area near all of those t4/t5 resources... I've heard it a few times, but I can't remember the directions...

Default Re: I hate losing notes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I know that each of the servers have their own communities and player-made plots (I'm on Order), but the public machines should all be the same, I'm assuming. Some of the things I need to know:

T4 Jewels. I know there's a field north of Dralk, but very strangely, that lair does _not_ have a gemcutter that I could find. Surely the devs didn't mean for us to drag a disk from that area, clear down to Dralk? That's a 10+ minute walk with a disk in tow.
    Well yes. This is the start of the not easy resources. T5 unguarded resources (like gathering tricuts) are worse becaue you have farther to walk and you have Fire Opal, no way to get unguarded. T6 is even further from a cutter -and- a portal. It's the price you pay for unguarded high level resources.
    Platinum. I know there's a field not too far from the RoP NPC south of Dralk, and there's also a smelter down there. Problem is, said smelter does not have an anvil that I could see, and beetles like to wander pretty close to that anvil, and I'm not sure if a biped could get down there safely or not.
    Easy to get Plat from the Mith mine and drag it to Wolf's Paw smelter. You have to time the golems up top though.
    Marble. I've read conflicting stories, I could have sworn someone said there was an unguarded marble area, with machines, but I also thought I heard that there wasn't.
    Not that I know of. I only know of one very spread out marble field.

Cobalt. The only 2 cobalt areas I know of are North of Dralk (this one is not very good by any means, due to there only being 2 nickel veins that are linked to some other field miles away) and one of those snowy areas, Trandalar IIRC. From what I could see, the same problem persisted there too. Lots and lots of cobalt, but not enough nickel to go around. Or was it the other way around? I forget. Surely there's a better place to work this stuff than that?
    Sure. Get a load of Cobalt from Dralk, drag it to Acul for it's nickle and machine/Silos

Mithril. Someone told me once where to find this stuff, but I can't remember it. Some kind of area near the ED I think? Imperial outpost thingy or something? I forget. I know there's some unguarded that a dragon can get to, and drag to a smelter, but that doesn't help a biped any.
    Mithril mine is at 26863 24824, but again you have to time your run.

TMK, it is rare to find T5 resources unguarded, let alone near a machine.

Tier 4 gems - the field north of Dralk 22600/29415 is indeed unguarded and the closest gemcutter is the crafting cave in Dralk - it's way less than a 10 minute run even with a disk in tow - unless you are actually walking ).

Platinum - there is a pretty large field just past the Hermit dragon 21340/27720 (unguarded) and a smelter and anvil 21210/27840 just past the field. I never had much of a problem with beetles as long as you stay close to the mountain wall. The big platinum field is just north of there (guarded). There is aslo a small field just past the cobalt north of Dralk 22230/29515 (unguarded) and a smelter across from the cobalt field.

Marble is north of Mithril's Anvil 27380/26010 and there is no unguarded area. There is a stonecutter north of the field but no stone pedestal. The player owned plot at 27430/25500 is the best place to work marble - there is an expert shop on the plot and public silos. There are also marble nodes on Saritova Island but they are guarded as well.

Cobalt is north of Dralk 22370/29545 (unguarded) and south of Kirisanct (guarded) but no nickel close. The best area to work cobalt is north of Dralk IMO. The nickel will repop as you deplete it and there is a smelter in the dragon cave across the road.

Mithril is in various places. The largest mine is between Old Oaks and Mithril's Anvil 26920/24750 and is guarded. There is a tunnel in the Aughundell mines 25560/24870 with mithril and platinum nodes but the closest smelter is a bit of a run past nickel golems. There are also mithril nodes on Saritova Island but they are guarded as well.

Sorry, don't know what "new" area you are referring to.

The best way I've found to keep locations is the in-game map. You can put markers and notes all over it. There is also an in-game notepad (N key) that you can store as much info as you want - make sure you save any changes.

Thaalia of Order

Most of this has been covered but I really don't understand why you can't find the nickel in the cobalt field SW of Kiri. Just head south of the smelter and when the road turns check the hill there (off to the left around the pine tress). There should be a few rich veins and a ML to top it off.

The closest gemcutter to the T4 gem fields north of Dralk is actually way down in the Dralk cave complex. There's a back entrance not too far from the nodes, and the cutter is not too far in from there

The best place for T4 Gems that I used, at least for leveling Miner, is right outside of Kirasanct.....there is a gemcutter station right here....but is guarded.
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    So I can't seem to find the notebook where I had a lot of information written down, especially, where to find what, as far as Crafting goes.
    Know how that is, I had tonnes of notes all over and finally put them in text files. Though as for the location of anything in Istaria, I may suggest to place it on the map directly, can add as many details as you want. That way its easy to find and you wont lose it again.

MAP PACK!!

It is your friend.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    MAP PACK!!

It is your friend.
    Way, way, way too much LAG.

I hate waiting 5-10 seconds to open my map, on a computer that can get 40-50 FPS in Tazoon, and a computer that can play games like WoW, Dragon Age, and Fallout3 at max or near-max settings and still get 60FPS.

I did have a lot of things marked on my map and then I had to format the HDD and reinstall the OS... no more map markers. I had some of it written down in a notebook but I can't find that either. meh.

My thanks for the "back entrance to the Dralk cave network" suggestion; I'll look for that.

As to the "new area" I mentioned, I think it was a public building project that was (somewhat) recent, about the time of Dralnok's Doom? Someone mentioned T4/T5 resources, particularly metal, that could be found there unguarded or almost unguarded if one used some care. I cannot, for the life of me, remember the details though.

Some kind of imperial outpost, imperial something-rather... gah. I can't remember it.

And yes, this stuff needs to be unguarded -- I doubt a 40 cleric / 39 warrior is going to handle t4-t5 mobs lol.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Platinum and cobalt can be found in an easy area around Last Stand. Just south of The Chimneys on the map is a mountain. Around the base of this mountain you will find cobalt, platinum, and crimson azulyte. A linked field is on the northern side of the mountain east-southeast of South Gate, below the silk field.

Nickel for cobalt can be gotten from the nickel golems roaming the eastern entrance of the Aughundell mine.

Mithril and platinum are found in two primary locations: Mithril's Anvil mine and Aughundell mine. The Mithril's Anvil mine is across the street from Wolf's Paw. The Aughundell mine is at the eastern entrance of the Aughundell mine complex, near the end of the railway tracks.

I recommend using Fandarel's at Last Stand for processing with the silos open to the public and an expert smithy on site, conveniently close to all these locations.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Well its the trade off - 10 second load time (I have it too I understand - and I too can play all other games at maxx) for when you need to find something..

Or hunting around in game for 10 minutes, or an hour (which I've done), or longer, trying to find something.

Or hunting around notes for equal amounts of time, and then losing said notes thus reverting back to hunting around in game for longer than 10 seconds .

IMO, the 10-15 seconds is actually the time saver...lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Platinum and cobalt can be found in an easy area around Last Stand. Just south of The Chimneys on the map is a mountain. Around the base of this mountain you will find cobalt, platinum, and crimson azulyte. A linked field is on the northern side of the mountain east-southeast of South Gate, below the silk field.

Nickel for cobalt can be gotten from the nickel golems roaming the eastern entrance of the Aughundell mine.

Mithril and platinum are found in two primary locations: Mithril's Anvil mine and Aughundell mine. The Mithril's Anvil mine is across the street from Wolf's Paw. The Aughundell mine is at the eastern entrance of the Aughundell mine complex, near the end of the railway tracks.

I recommend using Fandarel's at Last Stand for processing with the silos open to the public and an expert smithy on site, conveniently close to all these locations.
    I'm thinking this is what the players meant, and I just couldn't remember it. Thanks, I'll look into that.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post

Cobalt is north of Dralk 22370/29545 (unguarded) and south of Kirisanct (guarded) but no nickel close. The best area to work cobalt is north of Dralk IMO. The nickel will repop as you deplete it and there is a smelter in the dragon cave across the road.

The best way I've found to keep locations is the in-game map. You can put markers and notes all over it. There is also an in-game notepad (N key) that you can store as much info as you want - make sure you save any changes.

Thaalia of Order
    the cobalt field between kira and char is guarded, but you will never run out of nickel - all you will ever need is on the hilltop just up the road from the complete metal workstation. still have lots of 'fond' memories of pestering onyx until he came out and babysat me while i worked cob....curse you, isotope, curse you to hell....

i cannot stress hard or long enough my love of the ingame map markers. the last straw for me and wow was that i could not mark my map. EVERYONE, MAP MARKERS ARE YOUR FRIENDS! i use them to note the location of everything, from workstations (and whether they are partial or complete) to npc locations (the npc locations only show up when you are in a certain range....so marking their location on the map will help quite a bit when you are on draggy quests and can't remember where in chiconis kaliphar is...).
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

i cannot stress hard or long enough my love of the ingame map markers. the last straw for me and wow was that i could not mark my map.
    That's strange, because you _can_ mark your map in WoW... *blink blink*

It's just, with the new quest helper system built-in, you never need to, as WoW does a Dragon Age "place quest markers on Map" now. It even highlights areas where mobs can be found, etc. heh.

Anyways...

With this thread now existing on the board, even if I were to lose my notes/markers again, I at least have something that I can look up. lol.

Thread Information