Thread: Hello to all on Order

Default Hello to all on Order

Many of you have probably have noticed over the past few months that I haven't been ingame much. Some of you know why, but now, you all will know why.

In our area, unemployment rate is 13 percent. Hubby has been on unemployment for almost a full two years. (worked for 10 years, layed off, worked for 6 months, layed off, worked for almost 3 months layed off and still unemployed. Our house is being foreclosed. The american dream we were living, is no more. Not to mention the fact that this is the house that I grew up in, and I promised faithfully, to my parents, we would take care of the house. Little did we know. ;(

Hubby and son went up to New Hampshire today, to scope out apartments. He did manage to find one that would accept my four elderly cats and my birds. That , in of itself, is a real blessing.

Next Tuesday, we are driving back up to look at the apts and figure out which one we want.

Its really not fun losing our house. Its very painful. But, I am glad to be returning to New Hampshire to start our life over again.

I look forward to being able to return fairly soon, but, it still may take a few months just to move me up there.

Thank you all for being supportive and I will miss you all so much!

Oh, where we are going, unemployment rate is 6 percent! *boggles* wish it were here but oh well....

Diane
    Aka Heather

Default Re: Hello to all on Order

My heart goes out to you for all you have been through.
    I hope and pray that you find far more happiness in the future.
    I hope and pray that you find a place to settle that you grow into calling your home with as much as sense of belonging as you have felt for the house you are leaving.

Good luck to you and yours!! Try to stay positive - new beginnings and all!

I've been unemployd myself for six months but possibly getting a job offer tomorrow - with great benefits and vacation time - here's to hoping they can offer me the right salary so I can take it!

All things happen for a reason so I try to think that perhaps I got laid off from my last job so I can finally be in the dream job!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

All I can say is, HUGS!!!

And that we'll be here when you can return.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton of Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

I know exactly how you feel Peaches god speed !
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

you know our thoughts are with you, peaches.

Take good care and try to see all the good in a new beginning.

Love and hugs

Lov & Flame
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i hear ya and feel your pain, peaches - living in mich (highest unemployment in the country), in the metro detroit area (highest unemployment in the state) and unemployed going on 1.5 years myself.
    fortunately, snake has a great job and i am still pulling unenjoyment, so we are in good shape (be better if i had a job, it goes without saying). and there are signs that the it field is picking back up - several friends have taken my resume and let me know about upcoming possible opportunites.

you go do what you gotta do, we will be here when you come home - with all our prayers and best wishes still ringing in your ears, no doubt!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

where i live, ohio, has 11% unemployment and i am in the same boat, that is why i am not in game. i am trying to help my parents out in keeping the house, but were running out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    where i live, ohio, has 11% unemployment and i am in the same boat, that is why i am not in game. i am trying to help my parents out in keeping the house, but were running out of time.
    I hear you there ;(. My son tried his best to help save our house, but no luck. It is being foreclosed but before they drop the bucket on us, we will be dropping something on them that will make them not so happy I suspect. Have to wait and see. *On the street close to us, 5 folks lost their homes to foreclosure, and its not going to end anytime too soon. Middle class will be no more. ;(

We have an apartment up in Northfield in New Hampshire. Its a two bedroom, heat included and hot water. We have to pay for electricity, which by the way, is cheaper by lots then what is here in connecticut. We don't have to shovel snow, or maintain the land either. Don't have to pay taxes there either for renting. But, its lots smaller than what I am use to. Oh, and they only allow 2 cats, I have 4. However, Hubby told them that three of the cats are over 20 and they are letting us keep them. Furthermore, they are negotiating the charge that will be either we have to pay 30 bucks a month for their maint, or they will let it slide. And ya they are accepting our birds too.

It still greatly saddens me that I am losing our house, not our home mind you, just the house, cuz its one that I saved for my parents, one that I grew up in. Saddened that I will never see the Japanese Maple I planted in the front, and it didnt get the virus that has been killing all our japanese maple trees. Plus, I planted Lilacs in front of my bedroom window. They were my moms favorite but she had passed on when they were barely planted into the ground. Now, they are beautiful when blooming and smell oh sooo good. *sighs*

Time will heal, but it seems that much of my spirit is gone now. Either way, I want to thank you all so very much for the support you have given me here and ingame.

*hugs*

Peaches and all others facing foreclosure:

Even though the bank may foreclose, they are in no hurry yo retake possession of the property.

My advice is that you remain in the home until the deputies show up to remove you. I have friends who have been living in homes for 2 and 3 years, rent free.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeah the family next to us finally moved after about 3 years of foreclosure proceedings......not sure how i feel about the whole thing, but peeps need a roof these days.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Sorry so late on seeing this Heather...don't use forum much anymore. So sorry to hear what you guys are going through and it got to this point. Home is family not a structure stay together and stay strong. I miss you TONS in game but totally understand, look forward to seeing you after your all resettled. You and your family are always in my thoughts old friend, hope your health is doing ok through all this. I PMed you my email feel free to contact me anytime you need to talk or just to keep me updated.

Thread Information