Thread: Attuning Items? No thanks.

Angry Attuning Items? No thanks.

As many old players, I have started playing Istaria again! New gear, cool! Attuned when I get it from completing a quest?? Attuned by equipping it? What is this nonsense that has invaded our great game? One of the greatest things about Istaria is flexibility. Be any class, make any item in the game! Freedom!! Fun!! I've outgrown this item, or like playing my character as a different class, so I'll give it to my alt.. oh WAIT, I can't... Please, PLEASE leave items that bind, attune, whatever you want to call it out. Let us enjoy our game!

Default Re: Attuning Items? No thanks.

The lack of attuning items is partly what is ensuring we have no market for tools/armor/weapons/scales/claws in Istaria.

That, and some of the strongest, endgame stuff should not be able to be handed to a newbie who didn't do any work to obtain that stuff. The game is already ridiculously easy to PL someone (even with the anti-PL measures), especially crafting.

Some things need to be attuned, otherwise you'd have the same few uberpeds killing the endgame mobs and passing out the loot to their friends who never have to risk their lives in battle.

I don't mind the items being set so that only I can use them. What I mind is not being able to store them in my guildhouse instead of my overloaded vault or inventory.

I can see both sides of the coin on this one. One thing I Don’t like is my Primal vengeance scale being single tech and now since its lost its ability to be triple teched why not put the quest back in . The triple tech ones now are being gouged by some players on chaos due to they attune once equipped .

On the Pros Epic armor and weapons are Just that there EPIC If you do not work to get them you should not have them .

To spell it out
    Pros

you should need to work for it to get it

Cons

for example of the vengeance scales (Not naming names you know who you are ) causing them to attune on equip causes the greed element in Players and we don’t have an economy yet ! so we need to find a medium

Now meeting things in the middle
    Would it be possible to attune the items to ones account so it can be passed from ault to ault ? that would be cool

Take it for what its worth that’s my thoughts
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I don't mind the items being set so that only I can use them. What I mind is not being able to store them in my guildhouse instead of my overloaded vault or inventory.
    Couldn't non-attuned gear be moved to said guildhouse, to make room for attuned stuff?

Surely you don't have so many attuned items, that they alone are filling your vault?

It is an inconvenience, yes... mayhaps they could re-work the attuning system. Maybe...

Attuned - Awdz

Be placed on equipment. You can stick said item in guildhouse, etc... but unless the character's name is Awdz (there can only be 1 character named that), they can't equip it anyways.

The only problem, though, is how to handle name-changes. Unless, of course, Istaria's DB is run similarly to a MU*, where every item and character has a ref ID #. If this were true, then the name change wouldn't be a problem. If Awdz were #38487 in the DB, then the item would be attuned to character number #38487 and the game would simply show whatever character name is attached to #38487.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Surely you don't have so many attuned items, that they alone are filling your vault?

It is an inconvenience, yes... mayhaps they could re-work the attuning system. Maybe...

Be placed on equipment. You can stick said item in guildhouse, etc... but unless the character's name is Awdz (there can only be 1 character named that), they can't equip it anyways.

The only problem, though, is how to handle name-changes. Unless, of course, Istaria's DB is run similarly to a MU*, where every item and character has a ref ID #. If this were true, then the name change wouldn't be a problem. If Awdz were #38487 in the DB, then the item would be attuned to character number #38487 and the game would simply show whatever character name is attached to #38487.
    -Yes, I believe our characters are known by their biote, so should not a big deal. I am all for this type of solution if it is possible.

-As for the attuning thing, I keep gear I need often in my vault. To have to go all the way out to my lair to get something like food, potions or even gear then run out find a tavern etc is a HUGE inconvenience and hinders my game when in the current standards, if someone wants to hunt, I grab it in Bris while on my way to said hunt/post death.

-Not all Istarians have the luxury of having thier plot next to a portal. I know some dragons that live all the way out in Trandalaar or Dralk or the East edge of Drakul.

-The other thing I keep in my vault is "many stupid small items"
    Things like bottle caps or parts of journal pieces. They are all in a pouch. If I go out to Bitter Pickle/Labyrinth, I pull the entire bag out and off I go to get the ones I'm missing. By having them all on me, I can tell immediately when I pick up a new one because it will not place in the bag. I have tried using a storage facility for this but the constant "You must wait to access that storage" and "You cannot place containers in storage", not to mention having to ctl+click hundreds of stupid bottle caps, taking up to 15 mins to put them away just made it way too frustrating. I have better things to do with my playtime than screw around with a structure at the end of each day.

-The other problem with the current plot system is permissions. There is no current way for my alts to also have access to a plot I own -and- have some public silos. You either seal the lair up only to you and yours or have the whole thing public.

I keep my lairs public for the sole fact that my silos are used for the needed T5/T4 crystal nearby. This means I also can't store prized comps there, but to me, it is a better solution to keep my prized possessions in my vault than sealing the whole lair. This also means my alts keep all their stuff in their vault.
    Last edited by Shian; June 11th, 2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Because I fail at explaining things...

Emblems are a big source of stack consumption of attuned items.

If emblems, when earned could instead go into the character's database or abilities or something, and then be selectable via a drop down box, would be much preferred to the mess of used stacks they take up now. I mean it's just a title, a part of your name. There's no reason it should take up a stack.

The up side of this change would be that people would be more inclined to go and and actually do some of these emblem quests. I know I've done hardly any of all the new ones we got with DD, save for the ones you can't help but get when doing quests for things like Hero's Resolve, and none at all of the new ones with the T2 revamp.

Players spending more time to do things like earn emblems = good for the game.

Great idea Guaran. In DAOC, you can select your title through a menu box. I have at least 20 emblems I don't use, but keep cause I earned them.

Thread Information