Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [Closed] Current Bugs

Default Re: Current Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Signs (like those in New Trismus/Lesser Aradoth) still do not display the words written on them on either of my two Windows7 64-bit machines. The signs appear to be blank with nothing written on them, and stone signs are missing the arrow as well.

My WinXP 32-bit machine, however, displays them normally.
    I have the same issue: no sign on Windows 7 x64, but correct display on Windows XP Pro.
    Reseting all preferences, full scan and neutralizing MODs doesn't change anything.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Chaos - Winter Mountain Wolves - Valley of the Moon and Snowfall.

These mobs ae not dropping any loot at all with the exception of the Alphas and named. No trophies either except as stated.
    Last edited by aegor; July 4th, 2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added shard

Chaos - Forest and Jungle Crawler Hatchlings - no trophies dropping from either of these mobs.

Quest - Gerix - Hardened Scale I
    Asks you to go and kill Gritus Maximus and recover his carapace, however Gerix only tells you of one spawn spot when he can pop in another spot near kion shrine area. In this case I killed him in the alternative spawn spot.

Gerix tells you, 'It is simply a matter of hardening one's scales, OscarTheGrouch_unity. An easy thing to learn, but first you must prove to me that you can fight that which already protects itself well. There are beetles that roam the sandy beaches around Kion, but there is one in particular known as Gritus Maximus that I wish you to seek out. Kill this beetle and recover its carapace as proof of the deed. Look to the south of Kion for this beetle, beyond the water elementals.'

Also when you loot his carapace you also get a "Gritus Maximus has nothing that is of value to you." loot message.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quest - Gerix - Dragons Reach I
    Quest asks you to kill 20 cedar treants, however enraged treants and massive treants also count.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Signs (like those in New Trismus/Lesser Aradoth) still do not display the words written on them on either of my two Windows7 64-bit machines. The signs appear to be blank with nothing written on them, and stone signs are missing the arrow as well.

My WinXP 32-bit machine, however, displays them normally.
    i had a problem long ago with crashing every time i came across one of those signs. i found a way to fix it by switching a particular bool to false.

i turned it back on today to test it, and i'm seeing signs and tricking.
    in Horizons\Prefs ClientPrefs_Graphic , set bool renderedTexturesEnabled to true .. or in-game, type /setpref renderedtexturesenabled true (thanks tagath). that may require a relog.

hopefully i won't start crashing again.

i'm on winXP .. don't know if it'll work for vista or 7.

Quest - Gerix - Accurate Breath I
    Asks you to kill 20 jungle or forest crawlers in the questlog (level 10 or higher).

However forest crawlers do not count, only jungle crawlers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Dragons are no longer able to get water using ingenuity.

Arrial - level 64 adult dragon - chaos shard

STEEL GOLEMS??????

Gruntour, the trophy hunter in Mahagra has a quest bubble above his head when approached by my dragon. On greeting him he correctly suggests that arrial go to Kirasanct, Dralk or Feleadan for trophy quests appropriate to his level.
    However he also offer the quest "Go bag 5 steel Golem Mettle". Since Steel Golems are no longer in game this would appear to be an error in the database.

Quest - Gerix - Tooth & Claw I
    When you greet Gerix and choose this quest his dialog updates but there is no link in the chat to progress the quest.

Gerix tells you, 'Well now, young one... You want to improve your combat skills, do you? A worthy goal and one that will serve you well.'

You have to greet Gerix again to get the quest to progress.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quest - Gerix - Harden Scales I

This quest gives 6000 XP reward for completing when all the other tier 1 dragon quests from Gerix give 3000 XP
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

There is no link from either Avariatus, Kerian or Gerix that Xarinnis in Parsinia has the level 10 Crafting Quests for Dragons.

The Dim Pocket I quest from Gerix sends you to Xarinnis, but none of the quest dialog states that Xarinnis has crafting quests.

Also you can't greet Xarinnis to see his crafting quests at the time you deliver the shards to him as the dim pocket quest is still active, and that sends you back to Gerix again.

So new players have no way of knowing from Quests that Xarinnis should be greeted for the level 10 dragon craft quests.

Edit:
    PS Lower Bridgeview has been added to the Kion teleport, why not Parsinia as well??
    Last edited by Chasing; July 5th, 2010 at 07:19 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quest - Umbelroth - Attunement to Drakul

After you collect the clawful of ash the questlog doesn't update to say return to Umbelroth. Nor is there any quest feedback to say return to Umbelroth.

Not really a bug but - On the 2nd step where you bathe in the currents the questlog doesnt tell you where to go to bathe, so if the player hasn't read the dialog from Umbelroth they are going to get stuck and have to delete and redo quest
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quest - Kerian - Learn to technique a scale

2nd step locate the sand pygmies the trigger point is no where near the sand pygmies, it is in fact in the middle of a spawn of tiny grass beetles (roughly 45372,14885)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Looks like Harden Shell is giving an increase to Primal Resist as well. Am out hunting Giant Fire Beetles. Before Harden Shell, my base attack with Primal Attack 5 is averaging bout 200 points of Primal damage per swing. After it uses Harden Shell, base attack drops to an average of 90 points of Primal damage per swing. Is harder to judge specials as the damage range I normally get on those is so great, but, I am noticing a drop in damage before/after. All these attacks should be Primal damage other than Bite which causes Pierce after the initial strike, and Galewind which always seems to do pierce damage. Am testing on the Giant Fires on Drakul.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by aegor View Post
    Chaos - Forest and Jungle Crawler Hatchlings - no trophies dropping from either of these mobs.
    This is by design.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Looks like Harden Shell is giving an increase to Primal Resist as well. Am out hunting Giant Fire Beetles. Before Harden Shell, my base attack with Primal Attack 5 is averaging bout 200 points of Primal damage per swing. After it uses Harden Shell, base attack drops to an average of 90 points of Primal damage per swing. Is harder to judge specials as the damage range I normally get on those is so great, but, I am noticing a drop in damage before/after. All these attacks should be Primal damage other than Bite which causes Pierce after the initial strike, and Galewind which always seems to do pierce damage. Am testing on the Giant Fires on Drakul.
    No, what is happening is that Harden Shell simply increases the Beetle's armor value by quite a bit. Since armor is used to reduce incoming damage on any non-ethereal attack, it will reduce primal as well as any other damage type.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Quest - Gerix - Accurate Breath I
    Asks you to kill 20 jungle or forest crawlers in the questlog (level 10 or higher).

However forest crawlers do not count, only jungle crawlers.
    Uh, perhaps you should go back and read it again Chasing. It says: "Defeat twenty (20) Jungle Crawlers (Level 10 or greater)". The part that is wrong, however, is the quest summary that still mentions forest crawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Quest - Gerix - Tooth & Claw I
    When you greet Gerix and choose this quest his dialog updates but there is no link in the chat to progress the quest.

Gerix tells you, 'Well now, young one... You want to improve your combat skills, do you? A worthy goal and one that will serve you well.'

You have to greet Gerix again to get the quest to progress.
    Got it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Uh, perhaps you should go back and read it again Chasing. It says: "Defeat twenty (20) Jungle Crawlers (Level 10 or greater)". The part that is wrong, however, is the quest summary that still mentions forest crawlers.
    Thats what I meant.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information