Hey all, still alive and kicking! Even kicking up old threads.

Thanks for the rainbow teeth image, Krinharth! With this, it's entirely possible to custom-edit the new (and sometimes awkward) "default" for dragon claws and horns. I do not want white horns, as they are gawdawful ugly on my head!

Behold:

Happy Talitha has claws, CLEAN teeth, and pretty candystripe green horns!

It even plays well with my hatchling, though not all of his teeth stay clean.

This works for other heads as well, to a degree, but if you look closely you can see where tooth and horn textures overlap, mainly in the form of a few (or more) off-colored teeth and/or horns. It is also possible to remove the white claws and/or wingclaws from the dragons who are too dark-scaled to like that look (or simply alpha tint the claw image to suit).

Most ideally, horns and teeth should have entirely separate textures, which frees people to edit horns to suit while retaining their pearly whites. But this is an edit to the model itself (texture map references) and thus cannot be done by the lay modder.

Whaddya say, Devs? A little project to poke all the dragon heads? Have the tooth meshes reference 1-2 tooth texture locations on the image, and horns reference any of the others. Horns should not reference teeth, teeth should not reference horns. This keeps them separate for colors and modding. And voila! Everyone is happy!

I'm gonna keep working on this texture, too...