Thread: Dragon teeth, claw and mouth texture modification.

Hybrid View

Default Dragon teeth, claw and mouth texture modification.

As was talked about and previewed in the dragon forum, here is the mod for tinting the teeth, horns, claws and mouth on the dragon models. Just download the file here and extract into your client's \resources_override folder. Launch the game and you should see them. Delete the files to get rid of the mod.

A few things to keep in mind.

This mod is unofficial and unsupported by Virtrium.

The TGA files for the teeth and claws are included so you can make your own modifications if you wish. There is a way you can get the client to create and replace the AGH files, which are the compressed version of the files that the client uses. Since I use a different method to create the files, I'm not sure how well it works or how to use it but there are community members that do.

Included in an internal zip file are replacement def files that you will need to use AFTER the new khutit heads are patched out to the game. Delete the original 10 def files and replace them with the files inside the zip. Do not do this before the new khutit heads arrive or you will have headless khutit. If you do not replace the files, you will not see the new head designs.

This mod is intended to be for temporary use only. In the near future, something new is coming up that will make this mod obsolete and you will want to remove it at that time.

Default Re: Dragon teeth, claw and mouth texture modification.

Thanks Solitaire. I will try it this evening.
    At first sight, it doesn't seem to conflict with the Old Ancient Dragon size MOD, that is nice. I have to try it in game to be sure, though.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

How strange that the game knows to use such an oddly titled but convenient folder. I sucessfully installed this mod and Shian looks much better with this than with the white horns and teeth mod. Going to try to make a black tounge now

The way I got the client to make .agh files was to go into the ClientPrefs_Common file and change bool updateAGHFiles = false, bool convertAGHDDS = false and bool ddsHighQuality = false all to true. You will have to save the file and maybe restart the game a couple of times for it to work, you'll know it kicked in when the launcher has you delete a bunch of old .agh files. Once it's made the new files just log out and set those values back to false.

Note that once .agh's are made they'll override any .tga's you have so if you want to change or remove the modifications you'll have to delete the new .agh's from your resource_override folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    How strange that the game knows to use such an oddly titled but convenient folder.
    I don't think the client cares what folder a file is in and what it is named. It just inventories the files within and uses them if they are required. You should see the \resources_override folder in my dev client. Have about 30 or so folders in there named in all sorts of ways.

So... aside from the mappack that uses a very specific folder path, modders can keep individual mods in separate folders to label them better? Wish I had known this before!

Except that having all the files in standard folders prevent having conflict between MODs (the new files just replace the old ones), unless you really know what you do. So I really don't advice you to put MODs in separate folders if you don't want to pull your hair after.
    And just an example: Solitaire's files conflict with Soraii's HiRez Dragon Textures.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I think I'd rather have that but it dosen't work

I would like very much to get this mod but recently my comp has been having issues with links... could someone kindly add the address to the mod without making it a hyperlink so that I can copy/paste it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedraven View Post
    could someone kindly add the address to the mod without making it a hyperlink so that I can copy/paste it?
    community.istaria.com/downloads/claw_teeth_mod.zip

There you go.

I never used a mod so I have a question for this, can everyone see it? Oh and it looks great in the pictures too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    I never used a mod so I have a question for this, can everyone see it? Oh and it looks great in the pictures too.
    only if they have the mod themselves as well, if you have it, and someone else doesnt, then they can't see it

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    only if they have the mod themselves as well, if you have it, and someone else doesnt, then they can't see it
    i agree..i think everyone should get the chance to be able to see their character in the best quality if possible
    and i have noticed for a hatchling many didn't even know that you can glide
    they should have that option set by default (i have had many ask me) "how do you glide?"
    my name is pronounced Dr-A-zil
    It has always been my dream to be a dragon in real life
    to help the community of Malatora
    the future holds the key http://fedcom-online.webs.com/

I'm kind of glad that after all this time that i haven't been on istaria that i finally get to reactivate my account and see that a mod is not needed anymore for the teeth..claws and all that to be the right color
    my name is pronounced Dr-A-zil
    It has always been my dream to be a dragon in real life
    to help the community of Malatora
    the future holds the key http://fedcom-online.webs.com/

Thread Information