Thread: Wierd codes on Chaos

Default Wierd codes on Chaos

When harvesting everyone I have talked to including myself get some odd codes...

Resource template id: 34376
    Resource id: 1968
    Mod extraction rate: 0
    Mod extraction delta: 0
    Final extraction rate: 7
    Final extraction delta: 3

Never seen this before..... umm???

Also some have said crafting is broken, but have not elaborated. So I will just stick to the wierd codes, and why are we getting them?
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Default Re: Wierd codes on Chaos

You're getting them because we updated the code to remove the "consignment spam" during maintenance today. It was released to Blight last week, and all seemed to go well there... but a bit too much "code" was released.

What you're seeing is debugging information the designers use. I've let the right people know so that they can fix it, but it may be there until next week's maintenance.

The consignment spam also had a side kick, the disabled quest spam. Thankfully the consignment spam is gone but still getting disabled quest spam on log in and first time opening vault window (per log in).

Dracaena

Could you please explain what you mean by "disabled quest spam"? Because we did intentionally introduce code that would tell someone that a quest was disabled on log in on purpose.... that's not "spam" if that is what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Could you please explain what you mean by "disabled quest spam"? Because we did intentionally introduce code that would tell someone that a quest was disabled on log in on purpose.... that's not "spam" if that is what you mean.
    That's probably what she means -- whenever I log onto my Saris I get:

Quest "Deity Found" disabled due to school constraints.

(its a cleric quest, and I have her as warrior right now, so that makes sense)

Or something like that... I figured that was normal and it is actually a good thing, to remind us now and then lol.

While I was doing my level 30 crafting quests, every time I accepted a quest this message would appear:

[07/07/10 18:41:32] You have received a new quest - 'Gemcraft Mastery III: Craft 70 Amethyst'.
    [07/07/10 18:41:32] Quest Imperial Bank: Vault Upgrade I has been disabled due to a constraints or school check.
    [07/07/10 19:06:15] You have received a new quest - 'Stoneworking Mastery III: Craft 70 Slate Bricks'.
    [07/07/10 19:06:15] Quest Imperial Bank: Vault Upgrade I has been disabled due to a constraints or school check.
    [07/07/10 19:23:32] You have received a new quest - 'Essence Harvesting Mastery III: Collect 100 Pale Essence'.
    [07/07/10 19:23:32] Quest Imperial Bank: Vault Upgrade I has been disabled due to a constraints or school check.
    So I guess it is kind of a spam if it appears every time you accept a quest, and maybe worse if you have multiple disabled quests.
    Inayah FrolicFall, Satyr Extraordinaire

The others are correct. I was only guessing it would appear on accepting other quests and thus didn't mention it. I do have 2 disabled quests in my log. As unless I run back through the t2 area there aren't many other quests for me to take that I don't already have, stuck for lack of drops (kwellian hides for the outpost) or just another doom emblem quest.

I did not realize that part was intentional. Still seems odd I can spam myself opening the vault, hehe.

Dracaena

I'm curious as to why this is needed. I would assume that most people know what quests are dissabled in their log, other than the vault one randomly turning itself off. If there's something specific you'd like us to be keeping an eye out for, knowing what it is would be a big help. I know I have a number of disabled quests in my log that I keep round for sentemental reasons. Things that help me rememebr the old days.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

You're getting them because we updated the code to remove the "consignment spam" during maintenance today. It was released to Blight last week, and all seemed to go well there... but a bit too much "code" was released.

What you're seeing is debugging information the designers use. I've let the right people know so that they can fix it, but it may be there until next week's maintenance.
    We are still getting this on Order as well. Is it possible to jog their memory again to fix this on next maintenance?
    Very annoying when harvesting and chatting with friends

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    We are still getting this on Order as well. Is it possible to jog their memory again to fix this on next maintenance?
    Very annoying when harvesting and chatting with friends

Thank you
    Temporary fix:

What I do, is I have the default two windows.

I disable everything on the *left* window, and set it as a "Guild" window. "Guild" is the only thing checked.

I create a new tab, label it "Group", and leave "Group" as the only thing checked.

I make sure that window is marked the Primary Window, and then I join whatever chat channels I want to be in.

On the *Right* Bar, I set it read-only, and tweak the combat messages (I leave stuff that doesn't pertain to me unchecked), and make sure it can accept system and Tells. (If you don't have 'Tell' checked in this window, you won't see NPC dialogue).

That way, when you harvest, it won't interfere with your chat, unless it is in /Say.

If you wanted to include /Say on that, you could add another tab to the left chatbox, and label it Local or something like that. That way, Gathering/Loot/Battle data does not interfere with communications.

Here's a pic I took for a bug report that shows the windows when done:

http://dragonsguild.hypermart.net/spellcraftbug.png

Note, to see the "New Message" flashing of the tab, you have to turn up the window's transparency setting. I have mine set at 80% on both the window and the border.

Thank you Dhalin

Another way of bypassing this bug is turning off game feed back once i know i am getting a high yeald i turn it off any way so this might also help you
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Thank you Dhalin
    NP at all.

Maybe I should make a guide or something, I dunno. lol.

But I find this the easiest way to do it, at least IMO.

Do you mean its suppose to appear only at log in?
    Well it does not. It also appears when I open the vault for the 1st time after login, every time I take a quest or an update or turn in trophies.
    Doing the Elemental archer quest now and since its a multi step quest it gets really annoying after a while. + it hides any message for emote or item you receive as it pushed the info off the chat window. Biped has several disabled quests.

Thread Information