Thread: So, this is what Tier V is like...

Default So, this is what Tier V is like...

Yesterday evening, mom and I just finished filling up my two silos for my little hatchling to enjoy getting awesome dcra XP from making slate scales, and were pondering on what to do for the rest of the evening. Since she had just gotten level 40, and could use new scales (giving her about 20 points of scalecraft will let her use a higher-skill recipe at 100% opt), I chose not to use those slate bricks up just yet.

Mom recalled that when I was using my dragon to help my biped level jewelcrafting using platinum bars south of Dralk, I killed a small flame beetle. It gave my Lv70 dragon about 3000xp if I recall, and my 41(45) biped about 1200xp.

Normal Lv41-45 mobs give about 1600, but yet take a heck of a lot longer to kill, I told her.

Anyways, she said "Is there anywhere you could just kill junk and I just follow you around?"

That's when I recalled the lava golems and the obsidian golems up by the tower of wizardry, and the fact there's a bridge there. First, I ran my biped up there, and stood her on the bridge, but no golems ever come out by the bridge, so she jumped down and followed behind. Some odd reason, the lava golems just didn't want to spawn properly, and I scratched my head, and then remembered I wanted to try to take on some Marble Golems, which are only 5-10 levels higher than the lava golems.

So, we teleported to Last Stand, ran way down to Mithril's Anvil almost, and then up that road near the Marble Quarry, and sure enough the Marble Golems were 81-85 and the boulders were 86-89.

The first few pulls were scary, I wasn't sure how well I could handle them at 71, but I was killin' them good enough. Got a few scary close calls, as they love to throw chunks of rock at the little cleric even though I'm ripping them apart with my claws. We proceeded into the quarry (not very many golems would spawn) and got way to the back, killing several golems, and then I saw a skeleton.

I pulled it, assuming it was roughly the same level as the golems, but then I was like "Um... we're gonna die I think..." when I noticed that it was a Rating 104 Warrior, a dwarf raider at that. I popped my refreshing breeze, had to blow things like instant heal, spiked scales, attacks kept missing (very first gold rage, only 1 hit landed, gah!), but we somehow miraculously survive (with the cleric pumping her Tier II heals into me like crazy). Result: I got 11,800 XP and she got 5,000 XP. lol.

Then, right after the skeleton, during the few minutes it took us to kill the stupid thing, with me constantly missing, the golems had time to respawn. I wound up with three of them on me at once, 2 boulders and one regular. I couldn't keep them all on me, and one of them decided to give the poor little cleric a taste of avalanche ore, killing her outright in one shot, leaving me alone to deal with three angry golems. I killed 1 of them, and another one joined in, but my Refreshing Breeze was still up, and I managed to kill all of them, to both our surprise.

Anyways, we got out of that with about 50 silver, and a load of Expert forms. Quite a substantial reward vs Tier IV hunting, even upper Tier IV. Not quite as many hoard drops as those Lava Golems cough up though, but I did manage to score a couple exquisite orbs, a few urns and bells, and an antiquated helm. Overall, my hoard size rose a good 250k. Even with me throwing rages and strikes and usually drains every fight.

It was quite a fun time, and I look forward to getting a few levels so I can take on more things. That, and it is nice to know that I can at least handle Marble. Now I just gotta find a way to get that dragon's quarrying/stoneworking up high enough that I can make some actual use out of it, ditto for the biped.

Default Re: So, this is what Tier V is like...

*bigdragonsmile* hey that sounds good
    I enjoyed that little story- you know why
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

great hunting and well done! congratulations on a fine strike against the minions of the withered aegis! :-)

just wait til you get stronger nothing can stand in your path when you figured out how to hunt

congrats great fight

*nods to Lov* indeed, I know why... and I'm still very thankful for all of the advice, and help you know. This would have never been possible otherwise.

To the others, it was scary, but epic at the same time. I don't think I'll be picking fights with mobs 33 levels above me again anytime soon (well, maybe when I'm 100, fighting 100+), but it is nice to know that there's a chance if I have some help. Either way, fighting those golems is fun. Nice XP, good drops, and its nice to know that I can get some of these things on my own (expert forms and such) with enough patience and hunting.

Yes, such fight is a lot of fun. Bravo. Try the Travertine golems when you reach lv75 or so, they are strangely easy, even more the Lv110. Just have to watch out for Tibur tough, he has a way of "appearing" out of no where. hehe

Tibur is a stalker. He does come out of nowhere.
    I'm the kind of person who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Don't knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run; he hate's that.

I tend to prefer Gem Golems over Marble golems...
    Fire Opals tend to drop nice loot and are in a larger supply (especially near Saritova) and not to forget easy to pull away from the "group".
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I might give those golems a try indeed.

A small update: I'm now 77, with 75% towards 78. I had 65 lava golem trophies sitting in my vault just waiting to be turned in the moment I dinged 76.

I found that named Marble Golem... Brecah I think his name is, and killed him like 3 times today lol.

During the whole thing, between last night and today, my biped's cleric has risen from 41 to to just shy of 49 -- 8 levels. Fastest 8 levels I ever got on Cleric lol. It was getting to where that little saris could take a hurl chunk and still have 60% of her health left, and survive an avalanche ore where she couldn't when we first started.

We decided to take a break though, at 51 she's going to need steel plate armor, which she can't make yet. So we're down at the plat field south of dralk smelting away at her armorer levels...

Used to be able to take flies at 77 before they became more social. Got 33k a kill. Prolly still can get if ya not hunting solo.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    I tend to prefer Gem Golems over Marble golems...
    Fire Opals tend to drop nice loot and are in a larger supply (especially near Saritova) and not to forget easy to pull away from the "group".
    OMG THANK YOU for reminding me about those golems.

Lov and co. took me there once, and I had forgotten all about it until you said something.

I just got done doing that, and it was _much_ better than the Marble Golems. A never-ending spawn, no "bah, no golems..." or "I don't wanna go back into that quarry and get surrounded" etc... much safer, endless supply of golems. I love this camp already.

I even killed the named Fire Opal (oh what's his name, it has 2 u's in it I think) without ever going below 50% HP.

And it was better for my little cleric too; she just stood back on the hill and other than the occasional Hurl Chunk (that only did 25% of her HP), there was little danger at all. Got Cleric on 51, gotta switch to warrior and get it to 51 too and then make myself a set of Steel Armor (Armorer is on 44, need 58-60 to make the full steel set with a public anvil).

My dragon is now 79, only 2 levels until I can turn in those 50-60 some Marble Golem trophies, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being about 83-ish by that time... then I got about 50 or so Marble Boulder Golem trophies... lol.

Now I got about 90 Fire Opal Trophies.... I foresee a fast-track to 95+.

Well, 8 days later, and my character just dinged Level 96 yesterday.

My, what trophies can do for you. I had 305 Fire Opal trophies waiting for me, and I turned em in the moment I dinged 91, and I still had a bunch left-over after I dinged 96.

I foresee myself hunting a gem golem camp (they seem to be easier to "camp" than stone or metal golems) to get the rest of the way up, perhaps. Or maybe I'll keep doing Fire Opals... but those were starting to get slow, way back on 91... hmm. Or maybe there's Mithril or maybe even Travertine Golems... or some T6 gem golem...

Not sure yet.

Either way I need to take a break and start looking into getting tech'd spells...

lets`s hunt the comps for teched spells and scales-
    it will bring you to lvl 100-and maybe as much dp`s

But its really worth it.

Or start ARoP- nice fights- good xp
    will be honored to assist you (though I know you can do it alone )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    lets`s hunt the comps for teched spells and scales-
    it will bring you to lvl 100-and maybe as much dp`s

But its really worth it.

Or start ARoP- nice fights- good xp
    will be honored to assist you (though I know you can do it alone )
    We'll see how it goes, if I see you online, etc.

I'd love to do some group hunting, or maybe bring my biped out some more and "teach" her some tricks (RP-ly, she's standing by and watching the dragon rip stuff apart, learning lessons about "how to be feral in combat" or some-such, while practicing her healing magic, and learning lessons of pain when the golems get mad at the little saris who's throwing heals at the dragon), etc.

I already have 4-5 ice shards towards all of those Cleanse III techs; should go grab a few more while I'm at it... maybe harass the citrine golems some, too, etc.

Lots of stuff to do! hehe.

I can't even start ARoP yet, I'm missing a ton of ability quests which need done too. Some of them I might need help with, depending on what mobs.

Heh, let me know here what 90-100 trophy critters seem easiest for you. Cuz that's what I need to spend my time hunting, if I ever bother to hunt anything my level again..lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Heh, let me know here what 90-100 trophy critters seem easiest for you. Cuz that's what I need to spend my time hunting, if I ever bother to hunt anything my level again..lol.
    If you are Level 90 with Mithril-Marble Armor Scales (even those with lower-level techs), do this:

1). Go to Bristugo.
    2). Take the West Portal to Saritova.
    3). Fly East, slightly Northeast, and find the Gem Golem field.
    4). At the southern edge of the "Plateau", you will find a sort of hill that leads away from the gems.
    5). Get some sort of pulling spell (Primal Range III-IV on a Prime Bolt works)
    6). Go to town on said golems.
    7). Golems are 91-96; they drop trophies you can turn in until you're 96. It took roughly 200 trophies for me to get from barely 91 to 96.

The golems are fairly weak; I've been killing them since I was Lv77. There's even a named one in there too if you wish to try him, I killed him as early as 82, he's not even that hard if you burn him down fast.

oooh awessome, and yes I have MM Armor Scales! So that should work out nicely!

Invariably I pick the wrong mob to go try and get trophies on everytime I try (yes and in a t/f situation I have a 90% chance of picking the wrong option..lol) and then get pissed thinking they'll all be as hard as the one I just picked out of a hat.

Golems it is! WOO!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    oooh awessome, and yes I have MM Armor Scales! So that should work out nicely!

Invariably I pick the wrong mob to go try and get trophies on everytime I try (yes and in a t/f situation I have a 90% chance of picking the wrong option..lol) and then get pissed thinking they'll all be as hard as the one I just picked out of a hat.

Golems it is! WOO!
    Lemme know how it goes!

They drop _lots_ of T5 forms/techs too, which is nice. I've been slowly loading up my biped's vault full of expert forms. lol. Even scored a few that my dragon was missing, too. And while using Gold Rage, Silver Strike, and Drain Strike on every single mob (well, drain strike every other mob) I was still gaining more hoard than I was losing due to the drops.

Don't forget to get yourself Primal Attack and Primal Health if you don't already have them; they help loads.

Oh and "Southern" Edge of the Plateau, I meant Northern.

oops. You'll see when you get there, it is unmistakable where you're meant to camp. The golems respawn at a rate that you are not going to run out of mobs to kill. I stayed there and did that for hours, lol.

Thread Information