Thread: Launcher.exe - Application Error

Unhappy Launcher.exe - Application Error

I'm getting the following error upon launching the game:

"Launcher.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click OK to terminate the application."

And I'm not sure if it helps to know the following, but here are my pc specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
    Motherboard: AS Rock 4CORE 1600 - D800
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 800MHz
    Hard Drive: 500 GB SATA2
    Video: Intel GMA3100 384MB Shared

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention... What I end up having to do is reinstall the game every single day just to play it.... and crazily enough.... I do just that because I really do love this game
    Last edited by MansonNails; July 24th, 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some more info

Default Re: Launcher.exe - Application Error

Is this a hardware issue? If so, what do I need to upgrade?...

Oh, thats generally linked to .net issues.
    Be sure you have .net 2.0 along with the service packs, that should fix it.

I have .Net Framework 4

:/

Does .NET 4.0 have backwards compatibility to older versions of .NET?

I know when .NET 3.0 came out there wasnt backwards compatiblity to the older versions (which Istaria used/uses). The workaround at the time was to install the older versions as well. When .NET 3.5 came out I think that resolved the problem with .NET 3.0.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

The odd thing is.... the game loaded up and played just fine for a couple of weeks straight and suddenly started giving me this error.... every single day. I'm starting to think I may have a virus on my pc, even though this is the only game I have any issues with. And I'm still playing, still installing it each and every single day.... because I love Horizons that much

Oh, and to answer your question... Yep, it's compatible.

Oh, what you need to do is actually install everything seperately, .net 1.1-3.5 all one by one. They are not actually linked to eachother unless they are service packs or the like, each one is different. So its likely because it doesn't have certain versions installed that its throwing an exception like that.

Yeah, I had tried that too. Still no luck :/

I'm thinking of reinstalling my operating system altogether, but it'll be a while because I have to buy a new copy..... long story which I won't go into...

*sigh*

*Hugs Horizons* I still luvs ya, Horizons! :P

I have actually heard a friend having this issue.. we tried literally everything. Honestly I can't say what would be the matter if .net isn't the issue. Sorry that I couldn't be too much help! What you should do is contact support with a ticket, they should be able to help you better then I.

I really do appreciate just the fact that you're trying to help at all and making these suggestions. And actually, believe it or not, I'm actually in an odd way happy to hear that someone else is having this same issue because odd things tend to happen to just me alone and I end up taking it personally after a while, LoL :P

Do you know if your friend tried re-installing the operating system? Some times that has a way of wiping the 'slate clean' on an otherwise perfectly fine computer where files have somehow managed to become congested despite doing regular disk cleanups and defrags. I just need to wait for the right pay week when I can replace my OS and do the reinstall. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it fixes the problem and I'll let you know here if it did the trick.... Or if your friend beats me to the reinstall, please let us know what the results are

In case it hasn't suggested, a stopgap until you get the launcher working again might be using a batch file to log in. Details for how to do it kindly transcribed by Chasing to these lovely forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    In case it hasn't suggested, a stopgap until you get the launcher working again might be using a batch file to log in. Details for how to do it kindly transcribed by Chasing to these lovely forums.
    Good idea (as the problem is with the launcher.exe)

You can make batch files for different characters and different shards if necessary until support gives you an answer.

Only downside of using a batch file login is that you bypass the patcher so any updates that get pushed out will be missed. (Also I don't think the dev's will support batch file logins).
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by MansonNails View Post
    I really do appreciate just the fact that you're trying to help at all and making these suggestions. And actually, believe it or not, I'm actually in an odd way happy to hear that someone else is having this same issue because odd things tend to happen to just me alone and I end up taking it personally after a while, LoL :P

Do you know if your friend tried re-installing the operating system? Some times that has a way of wiping the 'slate clean' on an otherwise perfectly fine computer where files have somehow managed to become congested despite doing regular disk cleanups and defrags. I just need to wait for the right pay week when I can replace my OS and do the reinstall. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it fixes the problem and I'll let you know here if it did the trick.... Or if your friend beats me to the reinstall, please let us know what the results are
    Yeah, we eventually got to the point where he completely reinstalled the OS, installed .NET one by one, and poof, it worked! But I didn't want to recommend that suggestion due to it being sliiiightly drastic XD

Thread Information