Thread: T6 machines. Is there a point?

Default T6 machines. Is there a point?

So have very nearly completed my T6 smelter I now have enough exp working with T6 resources to ask the question: Is there a point to have T6 or even T5 Essence (although it looks swwwweeeeeeeetttttt!!!) Stone and Gemworking chambers in my lair? To me it seems that the T4 versions of those shops will do everything that a dragon needs. Most the stuff I need to do can done in T2 shops with some heavy teched scales. So why don't I just put something else in my lair. Those T6 shops don't get me over the 3:1 line for stone, essence or gems (can get just over 1400 skill in each using a T6 shop which is ~70 points short ).

T6 Smelting is a different story. 3;2 : 1. (It can be done in a T5 shop)
    T6 crystal shaping... not sure yet. Not at lvl 100 LS (6 lvls to go ) but will probably make a T6 version of it.

Am I missing something?

Default Re: T6 machines. Is there a point?

Is it likely that anyone less skilled than you will use your machines? They might appreciate the extra +25 skill.

Are you asking if you as a dragon can get your skill high enough in an expert shop to work materials at 3:1? I do not know the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Is it likely that anyone less skilled than you will use your machines? They might appreciate the extra +25 skill.

Are you asking if you as a dragon can get your skill high enough in an expert shop to work materials at 3:1? I do not know the answer to that.
    I take your point about other people wanting to use the machines which is why I am going to keep the T6 essence shapper.

I am quite sure that it is not possible for a dragon to get 3:1 for T6 stone/gems/essence

Your asking if the additional 30 skill points per machine is worth the hassle of building a T6 craft chamber instead of a T4 craft chamber?

For me it was not worth it considering it was a private lair.
    First of I prefer my craft chambers as close to each other and the storage silo’s as I can which is annoying considering T5 and T6 are 2 levels.
    Secondly I have a lot of junk and as such I prefer multiple general storage chambers like halls and lairs to dump this junk and had I used a similar setup that I have now it would have cost me 4 levels for 5 chambers. I must admit that I would also have had double the storage silo’s, but 4 levels instead of 2 out of a lair which has 7 (including the free lvl 0 which cannot be used for everything I wanted) was unacceptable for me.

Sure the 30 additional skill points would have been great and if we would be able to build craft caves like the cave near the portal of Dralk I would build that in T6, but right now it is not worth it for me personally.

Btw… For me with specialized craft scales it doesn’t matter if I do my T6 lairshaping at a T6 machine or a T4 machine. Skill requirements for T6 are so high that very few players with a lot of difficulty can reach a slightly efficient ratio.
    (10k Adamantium ore + 5k Mithril ore = 2.5k Adamantium bars comes to mind…)
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Unless you specifically like the look - that might be a main reason.

I can't answer the stat question, I don't get any of it...lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information