Thread: Livestream.. do you use it?

Blog Entries

Default Livestream.. do you use it?

I ran across a site that is called Livestream, which allows users to not only record what they are doing, but stream that footage live onto the web. You can do this from webcams, desktops, and even games.

Its the game thing I key on, because I am thinking about, and maybe others could do this too (some who are more active then myself), but creating a livestream account and thus stream their activities on Istaria over the web for people to see.

This would give even more of a chance for people to get to come to know Istaria /as you/ play it.

This is just a suggestion, but if also people had it on Livestream, I would love to see theirs.

Default Re: Livestream.. do you use it?

I've tried this. The problem is that even with a newer computer, the screen capturing program combined with Istaria running causes a LOT of lag. You can always try it though!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I really tried live streaming me playing istaria in the past, but the game just eats up a ludicrous amount of memory storage that even on the lowest settings the stream just lags, and thus only shows a dia show for the watchers.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Blog Entries

I guess I'll have to see how mine can handle the game then with it running.
    I tested it with a more recent game I am in, and it does a pretty good job, lags a bit on my end, but seems to run smooth for the viewers.

So next time I get on Istaria, I'll have to test it.

I can actually do this with my computer without any lag, however.. I don't do much else other then RP, craft, and.. well.. sit around a lot in NT XD

Blog Entries

Hehe, well I tried it on my system and get 0 lag. This doesn't surprise me honest since this mobile workstation of mine is an... odd machine (Business graphic cards apparently do wonders).

So, if anyone would like to watch, you can find it over here -

http://www.livestream.com/istariaorderserver

When I am playing, it will be up. When I am not, it will be down.
    Not the best video quality admittedly, but I think it does its job well.

For now however, it can only support up to 10 viewers, but I don't think i'll get more then that. ^^;

i use livestream but not for game purposes in stead for streaming art work as i work on it ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    i use livestream but not for game purposes in stead for streaming art work as i work on it ^^
    I have an account for that myself, just haven't use it yet. Mostly cause I have nasty habit of multi-tasking when I draw.

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    I have an account for that myself, just haven't use it yet. Mostly cause I have nasty habit of multi-tasking when I draw.
    heh i know how that is xD

Thread Information