Thread: tainted orbs in Feladan

Default tainted orbs in Feladan

dear people of order,
    May I ask a favour, pls?

A dear friend of mine (together with her hubby and a friend) recently returned to the game after 2 years of absence.

It made me very sad to hear, that she got in trouble with some players, cause she killed orbs in Feladan (she needed and still needs tainted to make potions- which were sold out within one day from Augh consi)

Pls- we can share the resources- there are enough bright orbs there.
    And she did not know that some have been herded.
    And not all former Unity players speak perfect English to communicate about such an issue.
    She did not intend to harm anybody- she simply did not know.
    And neither do I.
    Those orbs are for everyone, right?
    If there are new (unwritten) rules for the orbs in Fela- pls explain it to me HERE.
    I will tell her then.

But pls be nice and polite and helpful to returning players.
    I shall appreciate that.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: tainted orbs in Feladan

The only wisps in Feladan Woods "herded" are Radiant. Tainted Radiant essense is not useable in potions, so no call for killing Radiant wisps.

As for the Bright wisps, they respawn quite rapidly after being killed so availability of live Bright wisps should not be an issue.

Some players are animal lovers and do not like to see "defenseless" ones killed (often these players do not know that approx 1/3 of the potion types have tainted essence as an ingredient). Hopefully those players can express thier anti killing posture by not buying potions and see fit to allow other players to make/buy/use them.

Knossos

Default Re: tainted orbs in Feladan

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    The only wisps in Feladan Woods "herded" are Radiant. <snip>
    Actually, having worked Bright Essence in Feladan, this is not the case. I have wasted many a night trying to heard the Wisps to a spot that makes them easy to work for non-tainted orbs. The small clearing to the left of the road at the bottom of the hill. With a bit of work killing the wisps that are not in that spot, and the deer that are there, you can heard a dozen or so wisps to that spot, and then be able to efficently harvest for non-tainted orbs. This process takes between half an hour and 45 minutes. A lot of running around in circles killing wisps. When you only have limited playing time, and a LOT of essence to work, it is incredibly annoying to have this work undone night after night. If someone needs tainted essence for potions, they can help out by killing all the wisps that are not in that spot. And leave the poor Georges <<Radiant Wisps>> alone nomatter where they are near Feladan.

At the same time, I have never yelled at anyone about it. Is much easier to calmly explain the situation to folk. Most appreciate the new crafting trick, making it easier for everyone. Everyone needs to calm down and play nice. Let's not drive off new palyers by making the game not fun for them over something so trivial. Worst case, you just round them up again. I've done it many a time. Is not like they go far.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information