Thread: Lunus Chambers vs Helian Chambers

Default Lunus Chambers vs Helian Chambers

I know it's probably way, way too late on this, but... When I was previewing rooms for Helian and Lunus lairshaping, I realized that some Helian crafting rooms (essence channeler, smelting) have floating blue mist, but the Lunus rooms have no equivelant. This makes them a little less interesting, especially the essence channeling room which is very 'blah' without the mist effect. I was wondering if there are any plans to add an equivelant mist effect, such as the floating lava specks near Dralk? It would be very interesting to see and would perk up the rooms a bit!

Default Re: Lunus Chambers vs Helian Chambers

Thanks for reminding me of that. There should be glowing orange mists floating about in those rooms but for some reason they are not working. Added that to my list of things to fix. I meant to do something about that a while back but never got around to it.

I took a brief look at the effects that should be attached to the Lunus rooms that are supposed to have effects tonight. They are not the glowing mists like in the Helian rooms but are orange sparks flying around in random directions. Same kind of sparks you see rising from the ground around Dralk. Honestly, I don't know which I would like more. A Lunus version of the mist or the intended sparks flying around. Takes me 10 seconds to change the Helian mist from blue to orange if we wanted to go that way. So what would all of you as players think would be better? Orange mist or randomly moving sparks?

In my opinion it should probably be focused clusters of the sparks, since it's supposed to simulate coming off of lava falls or being in a lava-like environment, though I suppose there could be an alternative that is more sinisterly arcane-looking. The blue mist is misty and hovering because of the waterfall theme, from what I've been able to understand. But it's just my opinion of course!

I like the idea of sparks popping up out of the floor.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Took a quick tour of Dralk tonight and wandered in a lair. The area spark effect is rather neat coming up inside the lair rooms. Having just put in a set of lunus workshops in my second lair I think the sparks would be preferable.

Dracaena

I vote for sparks.
    I always adored the Helian magic behind the mist
    Lunus magic is a different, so we need sparks
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

well look at it this way either a 10 second fix....or a real pain in the....yeah... fix

Sparkiness it will be. Just got to figure out where the issue is at and fix it.

Quite honestly--- whichever one is easier and will make it 'in' faster, in this case.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Both were easy. I got the sparks working this evening. Was just a few of typos using "spark" instead of "sparks" in a couple of places. The interesting thing is that it seems that those sparks are attached to more chambers than just the essence shaping and smelter chambers. I was running around the Dralk community lair and found them floating around in open spirals, slope corridors and in the grand hall. I don't remember seeing sparks in those chambers before other than the normal Dralk spark/ash effect. Would be something that I would have to dig deeper into to find out for certain.

I might cut down on the number of sparks generated because they seemed a bit excessive in number. Maybe make them a little transparent/dimmer too. I found them to be a bit distracting as they currently are. I should get the fixed files upped soon so they will make it to the next patch to Blight.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Both were easy. I got the sparks working this evening. Was just a few of typos using "spark" instead of "sparks" in a couple of places. The interesting thing is that it seems that those sparks are attached to more chambers than just the essence shaping and smelter chambers. I was running around the Dralk community lair and found them floating around in open spirals, slope corridors and in the grand hall. I don't remember seeing sparks in those chambers before other than the normal Dralk spark/ash effect. Would be something that I would have to dig deeper into to find out for certain.
    Are you sure that isn't the ash/lava effect from dralk you're seeing? It seems effects of certain places go through the ground (it's snowing in the lairs of Ker'Tis )

that is ofcourse if there isn't a big difference between the spark effect and the ash/lava effect.

It was a separate effect. The spark/ash effect you see in Dralk is kind of a personal effect. The spawning volume for the particles follows your character around though the particles don't move with your character. The sparks spawn well below your feet and the ash well above your head. With these effects, I was able to pass through where they were spawning, they were moving slowly and sideways before gradually moving upwards. That and the sparks were of a different intensity than the sparks in the spark/ash effect. There is no ash generated in the spark alone effect.

Looking forward to seeing the change on Chaos server! I saw in patch notes that it went live on Blight, but my smelter has yet to acquire the sparklies.

Sorta on subject, you said they appear higher and lower than the character. Is it possible to make it a bigger area also? When a player zooms out all the way the can see the edges of where the ashes stop. Same goes for blight rain or rain in general. On my dragon every time i zoom out all the the box only looks a little bigger than he is.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Thread Information